💀3.15💀 iLL3aT’s Cold Skeleton Warriors/Archers/Mages ❆ League Starter ❆ All Content ❆

@sisren the primary node is always going to be corrupted blood the 'tricky' part is in getting a good seed for the minor nodes to be usable.
Another fun harvest craft option I didn't know we had:

A Caster augment can hit any of the '+1 all X skill gems' on a convoking wand, BUT the '+1 all minion skill gems' is not tagged as a caster prefix so you can block it with 'cannot roll caster modifiers'. If you do this you can hit 2 things: fire DoT multi, or +1 all minion spell skill gems which makes it incredibly trivial to go from a nice minion suffix / +1 all spell skill gems wand to a +1/+1 wand. I just did this to turn

into

by removing all chaos mods, blocking caster, 2x caster augment, 1x remove fire and then craft minion damage (only tier 2 no friends online with higher)

hope this helps someone!
Apologies for the lack of updates - usually I put something out by now, but...harvest is just too much fun! I pretty much can't stop playing, and have pretty much crafted my own gear. One league break to try out my own version of cold spectres (really, it's just cold skeletons, but...spectres) - this variant will be added to the guide as an option later assuming redeption sentries aren't nerfed next league.

Still, harvest is definitely my favorite league to date.

Thanks Vervaiin! Once I have enough currency to play around, I'll try out glancing and a full defensive setup. It sounds promising if you have currency, but may lack damage when not specced out yet.

@nokken1 - Blind and taunt are great to get on jewels, and cost very little. A few cheap things I did to get damage early this league - trash helmet with 21% attack speed for flesh offering: I hit it with a few life plants and ended up with a usable helmet that cost nearly nothing. Frostbite on hit/minion damage ring: Also cost a few C only. Jinxed Juju amulet - I didn't like it all that much when it was brought up to me after I dismissed it, but it's growing on me!

@DanMister - The large is probably not worth crafting with the spread between the base jewel and the finished product, but yes, harvest is the way to craft clusters! Nice explanation on the crafting process by the way. And agreed - harvest crafting is super powerful and fun!

@Pilky_01 - To add to DanMister's post - non-cold/lightning/fire as cold/lightning/fire to get vengeful too - a bit cheaper since that craft is less valuable.

@the_Arkain - if you're using FF in the main link for clearing, then you can swap in a meat shield for the support minions. I did that for 3.9, but got sick of all the gem swaps in 3.10 so I just left FF in the support minions.
3.15 ❆ Cold Skeletons guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2774965
Another thing - +1 wands (with trigger even) are SUPER easy to craft this league. Just buy any convoking (ilevel 72 or 84 recommended), and then brute force it with caster mods (purple seeds). I've hit caster twice (one to my current wand), and minions twice (which I sold).

@DanMister - I kinda wrote off crit since the jewels before they changed it, would have cost north of 20 ex a jewel. For scaling crit especially with the nerfs, you want two or even three full clusters, otherwise crit just does not scale too well. Now that larges have fallen to the 4.5 range and mediums to 2, it's a bit expensive, but feasable to run crit again.

@Vennto - I meant to write and usually I have some kind of update...but harvest is too much fun, and all I want to do when I'm home is play harvest haha. The more updated pastebin: https://pastebin.com/afucAtJz

Though as I play I keep finding more stuff and things change!

@Sisren - Yep - Corrupted Soul is all you care about (for the ES). It comes guaranteed as long as you GV says Doryani. The small nodes are random, and can be as bad as attack speed, and as good as minion damage or aura effect. Don't divine these though - just buy new ones and sell the ones that are bad, though that is expensive right now (it was only about 25c/jewel later last league)

@DanMister (again) - Nice wand! T1 minion damage comes from the hatchery line of rooms in Alva's temple. I used the same trick to craft mine this league too - got pretty lucky in hitting minion +1 after removing fire DOT only once.

Your gear is very nice, and I'm quite jealous of your redeemer ring!
3.15 ❆ Cold Skeletons guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2774965
"
iLL3aT wrote:

Thanks Vervaiin! Once I have enough currency to play around, I'll try out glancing and a full defensive setup. It sounds promising if you have currency, but may lack damage when not specced out yet.

My damage isn't mega at the moment either, I have only done up to t11, just taking my time and enjoying the game, but the skeles wreck everything up to that point so far!

I've just been bandaiding stuff at the moment until I get things crafted, using jinxed juju amulet until I get a +1 ammy made, the whakatutuki shield until I get wands crafted & my rumi's to synergise with shield. But the skeles are very strong & they're carrying me around maps, the added survivability of chill/freeze is beautiful also.

The block route does feel nice & safe though.
Seems like everyone in here is running a different build semi tied to this thread lol.

I picked up this chest for 6ex, boosts my skeles to level 30 (with empower) w/o a gem level amulet. I just need to do some crafting on it to get the life roll non crafted so I can craft %life/mana.

The version I'm running has huge damage mitigation, I only have 5600 life atm but I'm more tanky than several 12k+ es characters I've had in the past.

75%/61% block without glancing blows, Jinxed juju, 5% life on block, 89% chaos res with divine flesh, bone armor.

DPS feels adequate, I'd say it feels like it's in the 6-10m range right now w/o vaal haste/vaal skeles. I still need to improve a few pieces of gear (helm, ring, jewels, gem levels).

I was about ready to quit the league after playing a few builds I didn't love. For some reason I like skeletons, this is probably the 4th skele character I've done now.
"
A Caster augment can hit any of the '+1 all X skill gems' on a convoking wand, BUT the '+1 all minion skill gems' is not tagged as a caster prefix so you can block it with 'cannot roll caster modifiers'. If you do this you can hit 2 things: fire DoT multi, or +1 all minion spell skill gems which makes it incredibly trivial to go from a nice minion suffix / +1 all spell skill gems wand to a +1/+1 wand. I just did this to turn

Are you sure this works?

In Poedb as well as on craft of Exile the +1 to minion is tagged as caster, so I really don´t understand how u can slam them while caster is blocked.
I see a lot of you guys are pathing down to "call to arms"

FWIW if you just put it in your left click mouse button instead of "move" it will cast whenever you move, the delay is barely noticeable once you get used to it. My last build I had pathed down there, and on this one I don't.

If I have -9% cold res helm on AG does it double up if I have one on myself?
Last edited by NSUCK on Jul 9, 2020, 6:12:55 PM
@Vervaiin - Sounds good! Jinxed can actually be an endgame amulet as is to be honest. Previously a +1 amulet was required to get level 30 skellies, which in 3.9 did grant an extra skeleton (nerfed in 3.10). A very quick upgrade for you would be a rare helmet with a nice enchant (skeleton damage recommended) that you hit with life plants until you have one with decent life on it.

@NSUCK post 1 - In 3.9 there was one best way to run the build. In 3.10, it fragmented due to the price of cluster jewels and the goal of the players (league start or endgame). In 3.11, with a few more options added (enduring cry, glancing blows, etc.), there are more options which is good for players and makes life harder for me when updating the guide!

Divine flesh is amazing eh? I ran it last league and felt pretty much invincible. Of course your other defensive layers make it even better!

@Vennto - Yep it works - I've crafted a few. But...the patch just hit and I'm not sure if it still works, but as of yesterday it did!

@NSUCK post 2 - It does not double up, nor does it double up if you have -9 and the AG has Aul's helmet. I'd recommend a diff hat on the AG or yourself.

Enduring cry is amazing and I am a big fan of call to arms. It pretty much becomes a second flask. With a few endurance charge duration implicits on jewels (yellow T2 plant I believe), my charges last a while and I'm pretty much always on three charges.

There are a few candidates for left mouse button: phase run (which I use), enduring cry, bone armor (if you choose that instead of commander of darkness), and convocation (if you use this gem).
"
NSUCK wrote:
Seems like everyone in here is running a different build semi tied to this thread lol.

I picked up this chest for 6ex, boosts my skeles to level 30 (with empower) w/o a gem level amulet. I just need to do some crafting on it to get the life roll non crafted so I can craft %life/mana.

The version I'm running has huge damage mitigation, I only have 5600 life atm but I'm more tanky than several 12k+ es characters I've had in the past.

75%/61% block without glancing blows, Jinxed juju, 5% life on block, 89% chaos res with divine flesh, bone armor.

DPS feels adequate, I'd say it feels like it's in the 6-10m range right now w/o vaal haste/vaal skeles. I still need to improve a few pieces of gear (helm, ring, jewels, gem levels).

I was about ready to quit the league after playing a few builds I didn't love. For some reason I like skeletons, this is probably the 4th skele character I've done now.

Hey dude can you share POB of your build ?

Nevermind got it from your profile itself and tried defensive variant too. but really it lacks dps and taking time to delete t15+ bosses as compare to offensive version but very solid defensively.

Last edited by MrMohit on Jul 10, 2020, 8:59:33 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info