💀3.15💀 iLL3aT’s Cold Skeleton Warriors/Archers/Mages ❆ League Starter ❆ All Content ❆

"
iLL3aT wrote:
Pt 2 of replies, and some general thoughts:

@Dudekroc, Samodin, b4timert - Fleshcrafter is interesting. b4timert, I think we're both interpreting it differently. I interpret it as more akin to the mod on The Eternity Shroud url]https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Eternity_Shroud[/url]. Those players still use despair for additional - res I believe, so it's not always setting it to zero. I might be wrong though.

I'm not 100% on how it works, but based on my reading, I interpret ignoring onster elemental resistances as basically -50% elemental resistances for bosses. Assuming no frost bomb and that the only -resist we have is elemental equilibrium and -9% from the helmet (on an AG), this could be as much as a 46% more multiplier (159/109). With more sources of -res (elemental weakness on hit gloves, frostbite either as an aura or as a "on hit" on a ring, frost bomb/avatar of fire), the upside gets worse (~30% more).

To minmax fleshcrafter, ideally, you want 49% minion chaos resistance (get the stat on ghastly jewels). There is not a lot of scaling if at all for minion energy shield, so presumably it's the same EHP, but just ES based instead of life. I presume the faster start of ES recharge goes to 100%, which means they start regenerating in one second. A few more hidden upsides here: damage on full life support works - 4r2b is a possible usable chest now. No new for renewal.

The chest also suggests to play an ES style instead of life. Some spectre player got to 8k ES, but I'm not sure how viable this is for skeletons. For me in delirium at least, the chest was a huge source of life for me. I'll probably try out the chest if I get one, but I doubt I stick with one since a +2 chest is probably just better (unless of course I hit a +2 one of these - depends on the cost).

I might be wrong about this but since im not that familiar with the game mechanics. But if i read it i feel if you ignore something's elemental resistance if its -50 then it doesn't have any so 0 the reverse is also true if its 50% and you ignore it its 0. But i also understand the game isn't very consistent on same items. the best example is nearby does x. It isn't the same unites on all the items that have that line.

i do have a question about curses. if i have frostbite (in aura form)is any extra curse pointless since i can normally only apply 1 curse? and how does priority work? let's say my gloves put curse x on them and then i move into frostbite range will frostbite override it or will i need to wait for the duration to expire? or will both be on it but only the 1st one will apply its effect until it expire?
Do you suggest for which wands to look for while leveling and then after untill we have access to minion wands?
Should they have inc phys damage if we focus on skeletons and lightning dmg if we focus on slave driver spectres?
@b4timert - Talked with a friend who knows mechanics quite a bit more - think you're right that it just sets it to zero, and is not a starting point - too bad. I'm not too enthused anymore, though dropping EE and running other things in place of frostbite may be an option.

Curse priority is highest level curse first. To have another one, you need a source of +1 curse I usually run one curse and then one on my AG (with one or two +1 curse slots via Vixens and Windscream). In your example, since frostbite is higher level, frostbite will apply and your gloves will not.

@rozbojnik_alibaba - Any wand at all, and then apply an essence of fear to it. It gives 20%+ minion damage. Neither incr phys nor lightning dmg add anything to minions, only minion damage and minion modifiers. If you are lucky, then you could also get a unique - I found a Queen's Decree and it made levelling a piece of cake in delirium at league start.
3.15 ❆ Cold Skeletons guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2774965
might be a stupid question, but im used to spam attacks from melee builds.
I notice that i run out of mana after summoning 2 packs of skeletons. Since they do not tend to follow you around in maps, i have to restrain myself to summon them every few seconds.
Do you use zombies/spectres for mapclear and summon skeletons every 10 seconds or so?
"
Camatoo wrote:
might be a stupid question, but im used to spam attacks from melee builds.
I notice that i run out of mana after summoning 2 packs of skeletons. Since they do not tend to follow you around in maps, i have to restrain myself to summon them every few seconds.
Do you use zombies/spectres for mapclear and summon skeletons every 10 seconds or so?

You summon once every three seconds or so, no need to spam them. If you have mana issues (the % mana regen on the tree is usually enough unless you are using bonechill-skitterbots), then you can add in a From Dust jewel to get to max faster.
3.15 ❆ Cold Skeletons guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2774965
Patch notes are out! https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2873739

Good news for me - updating the guide for 3.11 will be really easy since there are barely any changes. The relevant ones to us summarized:

Buff:
Enduring Cry
•Now taunts all nearby enemies to attack the user, and grants endurance charges. Gives a brief burst of life regeneration, as well as a buff which grants resistances and physical damage reduction based on your endurance charges.
•Now has a base duration of 2 seconds.
•Now grants 1 endurance charge per 5 power, with a minium of 1 charge.
•Buff grants +2% to all resistances and 2% additional Physical Damage reduction per endurance charge.
•Now causes you to regenerate 120 life over 1 second at gem level 1, up to 1976 at gem level 20.

Nerf:
Vaal Molten Shell
•Now grants 25 additional armour at gem level 1 (from 60), up to 429 additional armour at gem level 20 (from 1030).
•Now grants 20% more armour at gem level 1, up to 29% more armour at gem level 20.
•Now causes 30% of Damage taken from hits to be taken from the buff before your life or energy shield at gem level 1, up to 35% at gem level 20 (from 80% at all levels).
•The buff can now take Damage equal to 30% of your armour (from 60%), up to a maximum of 30000.
•Now reflects 300% of Damage taken from buff as Fire Damage each second or when the buff expires or is depleted at gem level 1 (from 100%), up to 9000% at gem level 20 (from 3000%).
•Now removes and is removed by any other Guard skill.

Conclusion: Drop VMS, pick up enduring cry (instant 3 endurance charges vs bosses, with a bonus 6% phys damage reduction), and insane life regen per second. This actually shores up one of our biggest weaknesses (recovery). The downside of course, is no more "invincibility" from VMS - bone barrier may have to be the pick again.

Cluster Jewel nerfs:

Vicious Bite
Minions have 50% increased Critical Strike Chance
Minions have +20% to Critical Strike Multiplier (from 50%)

Precise Commander
You and nearby Allies have 30% increased Critical Strike Chance (from 50%)
You and nearby Allies have +12% to Critical Strike Multiplier (from 15%)

Conclusion: Crit is probably not worth it now, but we'll see. I'll have to do some math, but this was a brutal nerf.

Other than that, not much really. Rallying cry had some potential, but it's really bad for this build since our weapons are convoking wands, which don't have much attack.

The crafting options are cool. Crafting good convoking wands will be much easier presumably.

Also, are you sure your POB link is valid? I have the newest POB community version and when I import your POB link it never shows leveling trees - there's only one - default.
Just letting you know :)
There are two questions I would like to ask.
1. Spectre vs skeleton which one has the highest endgame damage when it is no budget to worry about?
2. Skeleton + redemption sentry may it work in endgame? Is it a good combination due to they both cause cold damage?

This build should be the 3.11 starter build I will choose for it’s great damage withnot some expensive item!

Thanks for your guide!
Enduring Cry : Now taunts all nearby enemies to attack the user

Wouldn't Enduring cry and most warcries now be bad for necros because they have taunt now? I think they made this specifically to prevent summoner abuse.

It might still be usable if your minions can overwrite the taunt fast enough though.
is this build fine for leveling? usually i just level as sunder due to speed, but was curious if you had any ideas if i can just play this from level 1

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info