💀3.15💀 iLL3aT’s Cold Skeleton Warriors/Archers/Mages ❆ League Starter ❆ All Content ❆

If people want to stick to non Frost Bomb options (I'd honestly just switch), you should definitely spec into Avatar of Fire + Frost Bomb for the 4 guardians or 4 elder guardians crucible fights.

Without frost bomb it's very hard to deal with Maven's healing.

I assume the other end game crucible fights are the same.
"
Divinehammer wrote:
If people want to stick to non Frost Bomb options (I'd honestly just switch), you should definitely spec into Avatar of Fire + Frost Bomb for the 4 guardians or 4 elder guardians crucible fights.

Without frost bomb it's very hard to deal with Maven's healing.

I assume the other end game crucible fights are the same.

Agreed. I had to add a last minute frost bomb to my chimera fight otherwise the healing was pretty annoying especially with his phases. I'll update that in the next revision.
3.15 ❆ Cold Skeletons guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2774965
Since chests with the +2 duration don't really exist in league yet... would you recommend running a good rare chest WITHOUT that, or a cheap corrupted tabula with it?
"
zz9za wrote:
Since chests with the +2 duration don't really exist in league yet... would you recommend running a good rare chest WITHOUT that, or a cheap corrupted tabula with it?

Either or. I killed Sirus and the four guardians with a six link with 130 life and nothing else. In hindsight, a +2 tabula was a better idea. +2 chests are real rare early (though I swear there were more at this time last league), then become not so bad later in league.
3.15 ❆ Cold Skeletons guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2774965
Hey I have been really enjoying your build.

I noticed you changed some of the setup.

I followed the old one and dont know if its really worth changing. I dont see zombies. If I switch would I just drop zombies and play with the other specters?

Also, how do you craft the +2 duration chest with life and resists? Should I just be buying 6 links and corrupting until I hit it?

Below is my gear, perhaps you can recommend me something. What do you think about the belt im using?

So on the large clusters we want renewal and vicious bite correct? Just asking because the pic shown shows that but the text doesnt say anything about vicious bite.
"
Cant even kill minotaur. Damage is enough, but he oneshot me, or leave with 5-10% hp and then i die to aoe. This build has almost zero suvavibility vs phys damage.
92 lvl,5.4k life, 21lvl-23% skeletons gem,max res, +2 tabula, +1 minion skill wand, some cluster jewels, all "life" nodes from tree.
Maybe i need glorious vanity...idk and 6-7k hp and 2k es.
This build definetly need more than 10+ exalts to even start doind something at 14+ maps. Dps is enough, but survivability almost at the lowest level. Just run around and hope that boss dont target you.
I'm disappointed, playing with minions is very boring, it would be better to start with a cyclone, at least it's fun there. GGG nerfed the necromancer very well.

10 ex to start? Im 94 with 6181 life with no es and only a 21/0 vss gem. I survive and kill fine in t16’s so I am not sure what you are saying? This build is running dual wands and no shield so you arent a tank. Summoner builds never were tanks, and thats why you have minions to help. Also playing this build you have to actually pay attention and dodge things and even more so because dual wands again. Poe is filled with stupid damage mechanics and off screen affects sometimes so you also cannot stop moving on this build. That was another big thing.

Tbh I felt the same way you are describing for a bit myself. I just kept with the build though and got upgrades and maxed my chaos res and never stop moving. I was going to switch to ll golems, but stuck with skeles. Also make sure you have some ghastlys with blind and taunt on hit for your minions because that helped a ton as well.
Thank you this guide is awesome! I hope I can kill maven an Sirius this league.
"
Cant even kill minotaur. Damage is enough, but he oneshot me, or leave with 5-10% hp and then i die to aoe. This build has almost zero suvavibility vs phys damage.
92 lvl,5.4k life, 21lvl-23% skeletons gem,max res, +2 tabula, +1 minion skill wand, some cluster jewels, all "life" nodes from tree.
Maybe i need glorious vanity...idk and 6-7k hp and 2k es.
This build definetly need more than 10+ exalts to even start doind something at 14+ maps. Dps is enough, but survivability almost at the lowest level. Just run around and hope that boss dont target you.
I'm disappointed, playing with minions is very boring, it would be better to start with a cyclone, at least it's fun there. GGG nerfed the necromancer very well.

In addition to what NecropK said.

I've killed about four minotaurs this league, not including the one in the four guardian fight. I've been mapping at T16 with just a 6L, two temple wands, and 21 vaal summon skeletons and have done so in every league. The build is meant to focus on offence first to push the atlas early, then as you get more currency and gear, you can add more layers of defense.

Fun is subjective though - I personally hate melee and love minions so if it's not for you, re-spec the necro into a VD/DD character maybe.

It's a mechanical fight with necro. If the player gets hit by the dive, that's their fault. The other abilities (falling rocks & his swing attack) can be tanked to some degree with the mitigation in the guide, but the MVP is blind.

Phy mitigation: 10% from bone barrier, 12% from endurance charges if you keep it up, 15% from panic flask. Additional 10% from Jinxed Juju if you're using that. Blind. And you should probably have 6k (or at least 5.5) life when attempting all end game content.
Last edited by iLL3aT on Jan 24, 2021, 2:20:12 PM
"
szymonwysoka wrote:
Hey I have been really enjoying your build.

I noticed you changed some of the setup.

I followed the old one and dont know if its really worth changing. I dont see zombies. If I switch would I just drop zombies and play with the other specters?

Also, how do you craft the +2 duration chest with life and resists? Should I just be buying 6 links and corrupting until I hit it?

Below is my gear, perhaps you can recommend me something. What do you think about the belt im using?

Very nice gear! I change the setup depending on the league. Ritual for example, there's big spikes of damage and zombies die a lot, so I just took them out and left them as optional to save the trouble of resummoning. The setups are mostly the same though, just a few changes in colors. Instead of having the AG do the support minion work, I have spectres do that now that the chieftains are no longer the recommended spectre (and needed blood magic).

In terms of improvements, there's not much left that isn't very expensive, but that setup will be more than enough to take you through all that the game has to offer (We'll see how it fares against The Feared though).

Your belt is the best in slot piece of you don't need anything else. It's 20% more damage, but you have to be very close to your skeletons (so it may be better suited for archers).

Regarding the chest: Yeah, you could just essence/fossil 6L chests and vaal them, but the odds are really bad (1/4 to get an implicit, then it's 1/18 to hit duration or 1/18 to hit all gem levels). Best idea is just keep a live search running.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info