Finally some fresh competition

It’s been a long time, but finally there is some fresh competition for PoE. It can use it,

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mreqjgIJVxA
Last edited by AlexB191 on Feb 11, 2020, 8:33:18 PM
Last bumped on Feb 14, 2020, 6:16:55 PM
That's not new or competition, it's just another ARPG. Until someone tries to do what makes ARPGs great nothing is even gonna scratch PoE.
Need a new signature, cuz name change. I dunno though. I guess this seems fine. Yeah, this is good.
Hmmm, $30 for a game that looks pretty generic, or keep playing PoE for free?

Not much of a choice, really.
Highest Character: Level 92 86% Block/Static Strike Champion - Abyss League
I get bored of the grind around 90, probably won't ever get a higher character.
Another ARPG is literally competition. A game does not have to be a giant live service to compete, and PoE was once quite small itself.

We need more games in the genre.
It is not competition, one is online, the other is not. It's just another arpg, just like Grim Dawn.

In any case I must say that I have played Wolcen and it is too linear. If the final version does not change that, it will simply be another arpg of the lot. Until the last update Wolcen is only going from point A to point B, with no possibility of alternative paths. Path of Exile and Grim Dawn are almost open worlds in comparison.
Bethesda is known for having good ideas and terrible realization of them. GGG is a Bethesda subsidiary or what?
Op fix that URL and I’ll click on it. Otherwise, who cares.
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
"
Actkqk wrote:
It is not competition, one is online, the other is not.

Talking out of your ass about things you know nothing about, since Wolcen has online AND offline modes. Last Epoch is gearing towards the same when it fully leaves beta.

The fuck are you on about...

People think competition means "able to beat" as if AMD isn't competition to Intel or the United States Olympic Hockey team in 1980 wasn't competition to the Russian team after slogging their way from the back of the pack as underdog. Pepsi to Coke-Cola...you get the point I'm making, yeah?

You're all stuck on GGG/PoE because it's been the only stable offering with Diablo being the only other normie-ternative.
Bought it... played it a bit. Seems a bit "basic" but we'll have to see how the game plays out after launch.

The only thing that doesn't make any sense to me is the claim that the price of the game is going to go up over time to reflect their "free" expansions. That's not going to work.
I'm sure it will keep people entretained enough when they are sick of alpha testing TGGG new leagues.
"Parade your victories, hide your defeats. Mortals are so insecure."

Once you break the cycle of fear no angels or demons can whisper you their sweet nothing words.

Retired since crucible.(Not a free tester anymore for a multi billion dollar company).
"
Xystre wrote:
I'm sure it will keep people entretained enough when they are sick of alpha testing TGGG new leagues.

And for people sick of hunting down items that have the ability to break their crafts, setting them back for the sake of playtime retention, all in the name of stopping gold farmers...who still farm currency anyway.

And as for it being Basic, they didn't show the full Gate of Fates in the trailer, and that won't be available until later this week anyway. Partially rivals PoE's skill tree...but not by much.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info