Wolcen Hype Release!

"
Johny_Snow wrote:
Heh, trust me, I've been with grim dawn since its beta and they never treated their customers this badly or showed as much greed as these amateur devs.

as the days roll on and the error reports keep coming, the scale of how large a disaster wolcen is atm just keeps growing hu?

i was in offline mode for first few days and for the most everything was fine with my game, i had the untargetable bats thing and that was it. the serves went down and no one could get online anyway.

now theyre back up and people are going online, the amount of bugs showing up in the online mode is scary. added to which the amount of reports im seeing of passive nodes that dont work, gear stats that dont work under certain circumstances, things you might not notice unless ur specifically testing in a very precise manor...

this game seems months away from a quality you could call releasable. it needs another 6 months, i feel like they have hardly tested it at all, or more likely have tested it, know its full of holes and released it anyway.

i had grim dawn since it was just act1 too, as far back as that they didnt have half these issues in their game. i feel like they had everything working securely very early on before they expanded the game out to a full thing.
I'm running a mage-tank build, already level 60.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2000203708

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2000203885

I'm actually invincible with these stats. Fighting level 75+ mobs at level 60, and I'm running max mods every time, and am unstoppable so far. The build is so tanky, that I can run into a greed shrine, and open all the chests at once, and spawn all the waves, face tank and spank all the champs, and my HP bar doesn't even move. With 76k HP and 60%+ resists, and 15% leech, it doesn't really matter if I choose the mod that gives champion mobs 56% more damage, and meteor effects.. I've actually tried to die before by selecting all the mods that give mobs additional damage, and trying to buff them as much as possible to no avail.

I stack Solar fall + Anomaly x2 + Bulwark DoT. And then I can use annihilation on top of all those, or attack with a staff to keep willpower up. Does plenty of damage.

Glass cannon builds really don't work very well in Wolcen. There is too much shit on the screen to avoid, and my brain just turns to mush at the idea of trying to play a build that has to kite or die. If I wanted to play a fucking bullet hell game, I'd get one of those R-type games with the space ships, or something like that. I don't do bullet hell in ARPGs.

I'm considering trying to scale this back a little and doing a 50/50 split on stats Toughness + Willpower, and maybe speccing into an ailment build. Because I'm so tanky that literally nothing can kill me. Even if I had 40k HP instead of 76k, I'm not really sure that would change the dynamic by a whole lot, maybe I wouldn't be able to open all the chests at a greed shrine at once, but other than that, I'm not sure I'd have a problem with 1/2 my total HP...

I had a problem early on with getting killed too much on a mage, and I said fuck it, I absolutely 100% completely and totally refuse to play this game as a bullet hell game, I'm not dodging shit anymore, stuck with that mindset, and the general idea still works at level 60 in end game, so why not stick with something that keeps working, and keeps getting results?

Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Feb 17, 2020, 10:11:07 AM
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
Destructodave wrote:
Well, there are gold dupes, infinite magic find stacking, and even crafting orb duping going on.

So even if the servers manage to make it back up after 40+ hours of downtime, its almost pointless to worry about anything you got online since its meaningless.

This game has so many of the worst possible bugs you can imagine for an Arpg, and the worst server issues I have ever seen, its almost like they were doing it on purpose in a satirical way.

its a single player game with co-op multiplayer. its not a trade game like poe. grim dawn is the same, i can load up grim dawn and dupe items, load gd defiler and make my character lvl100 with a billion gold and give myself 100 extra skill points etc.

you can load doom 2 from the early 90s, open a console and type in cheat commands, almost all games back then had cheat codes people would figure out to basically give urself various kinds of god mode.

its a game like that, its always been a game like that, i dont think it was ever supposed to be a secure trade economy game. you can cheat and mod all you want in single player/co-op games, youre only cheating yourself essentially. its just a game that you play. same with torchlight, titan quest, all these kind of arpgs.

Its not marketed that way. They even have aspirations of MTX cash shop ala PoE/D3, and leagues/seasons. Their goal is to cash in on the PoE/D3 online community. I mean the fact they dont even have an offline co-op shows that. Their only co-op is online; they want you online so they can eventually sell you MTX's. If you have a wide-screen monitor, there are people posting screen shots of MTX things off screen on the ultra-wide monitors.

Grim Dawn was never marketed towards online. Wolcen slapped an online mode into their game, to goad PoE/D3 players into playing it. Thats why its also more popular than Grim Dawn, too. Thats also why their very positive 90% rating or whatever it was, dropped to 58% Mixed when the servers were down 40 hours.

They also fixed the Magic find exploit, so that too shows they are trying to iron out issues with online play. This game is meant to be an online game with MTX shop, leagues, and whatnot, these guys are just clueless on how to pull it off, and at this point, seems more like a cash grab company than anything.

This game is just so riddled with bugs and issues, you almost think it has to be on purpose, but its not. These guys remind me of a guy who had someone else do his presentation/work/homework for them, and the professor/boss asks them to explain the work, and they are like, "Um..Hmmm..Lemme see..Hotfix next week? Dont know how to...ummmm..Small indie company" They actually have no clue what to fix or where to begin. They are waiting till next week to hotfix an offline issue of people's characters being deleted. I mean cmon now. They seem like someone handed them a game, said release this, and then when people have issues they dont have a clue what you are talking about.

Edit: "We would like to inform you that we will fix the gold/item dupe issues later this week. Actions will also be taken against accounts who abused these issues or took advantage of it. We recommend you don't accept trading from other players passing a massive amount of golds to you to avoid sanctions."

That is from their Discord. So, as you can see, they do have those online MTX's and gameplay in their sights.
Last edited by Destructodave on Feb 17, 2020, 3:59:45 PM
Gzzzz 127,000 players peak, shows you how desperate people are for new arpg.
We shall see in a couple of weeks if that "peak" will be at 10k. Enjoy the hype train for as long as it lasts,because hype trains can go off the rails pretty fast.

Don't get me wrong,competition is good,at least that would make tencent invest more in developers for bugfixing instead of hideouts. But this,this wolcen is just a passing hype train,cho choooooo.....2 weeks from now that number will be half as much,2 months from now peak is 10 max 20 k.
My biggest problem with it is that playing the game isn't fun. Fail.
"
ladish wrote:

You do realize that is wildly subjective?

I think the same thing when I see Kripp streaming Hearthstone and thousands watching him.

Like seriously?
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
"
ladish wrote:

I think the same thing when I see Kripp streaming Hearthstone and thousands watching him.

Like seriously?

ofc it's subjective, but I like arpgs a lot and wolcen is a very bad one.
"
ladish wrote:
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
"
ladish wrote:

Like seriously?

ofc it's subjective, but I like arpgs a lot and wolcen is a very bad one.

You do?

Which ones? 1 challenge in PoE?
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
"
DarthSki44 wrote:

You do?

Which ones? 1 challenge in PoE?

Here we go again... elitism in its purest state. I have zero challenges. Does that mean I don't like arpgs or that I'm bad at them?
Come on, you seemed smart... Intelligence can also be subjective.
Bethesda is known for having good ideas and terrible realization of them. GGG is a Bethesda subsidiary or what?
Last edited by Actkqk on Feb 17, 2020, 6:02:44 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info