Zabie's Scion Skelemancer | EZ Uber elder, Awakener 8 Sirus, 10m+ DPS, Extremely Safe

Hi my name is Zabie and for this league(Metamorph) I decided to get back into playing a summoner since I have not played it since ~Invasion League(yeah that was a LONG time ago), so this is my take on a skelemancer scion. This build can EASILY clear any content with correct play.

Pros:
Safe (tons of defensive mechanics, +~7k effective HP)
Strong (10m+ dps)
Can do ALL content
Price ranges from budget(.5-1ex) to 10-20 ex investment to min max.

Cons:

No Cyclone to spam offerings (Wand mod internal cooldown means less ES regen)
Have to self cast desecrate to consistently pop offerings
Skeletons Have to be spam cast at the start of the fight unlike other summoners (zombies) that have them permanently.

Offensive features

-14 skeletons
-3 specters (1 Host Chieftain, 1 Carnage Chieftain, 1 Ruins hellion) We take these specters because they grant rallying cry and buff all of our minions with frenzy and power charges. Both Chieftans can be found in the Ashen Fields, and the Ruins Hellion can be found in The Quay.
-11 zombies
-Carrion golem
-Animate Guardian
-Pride
-Skitterbots
-Dread Banner

Defensive Features

-With my current gear and spirit offering up im at 5,092 life and 2,597 energy shield
-51% Attack Block
-25% spell block
-Blasphemy-Temporal Chains
-Aspect of the Spider
-All nearby Enemies are Blinded **if you are using the proper chest piece**

Ascendancy

-For your first ascendancy you are going to go Witch-Necromancer and the Path of the Witch
-Necromancer will buff your minions immensely.

Now you may ask, "Zabie, why dont you just go witch instead of playing scion? You are missing out on Bone shield and +2 minion gems!" And i would say you are right I am missing that.

-But for my second ascendancy choice I go Guardian! Being a guardian as my second choice grants all of my nearby allies (minions) onslaught if atleast 5 are nearby on top of many other defensive mechanics.

Path of Building
https://pastebin.com/yMLev6Wj
In the path of building you may notice my amulet has 3 anointments on it, I customized the item in order to bypass being unable to properly use thread of hope on POB, I also have a fake Elegant Hubris Unique Jewel socketed in so the actual values to look for on it are Victario ~107000, this will grant slumlord + some needed resists on the tree (50% nodes)

Gear
Just as a little heads up, This is my "Min Max" gear that I personally crafted every single piece of and your gear and be expected to look similar to this for the most part. I am still working on a Bone Helmet, but its pretty hard to top my current one :P.

Also I suggest you take a look at my Jewels either on the Path of Exile website passive tree on my character or on my path of building.

Between corrupted jewels, nodes on the tree, my amulet, and shield I reach 42% reduced mana reserved on 3 auras, and 27% reduced mana reserved on the other two. Because I take so much reduced mana reservation it allows me to run 5 auras.

Animate Guardian Gear

-Kingmaker
-Garb of the Ephemeral
-Mask of the Tribunal
-Thunderfist (can corrupt with a curse on hit if u dont run blasphemy temp chains)
-Victario's Flight

This setup is absolutely insane for buffing our other minions.

Thanks for taking the time to read through the guide! Any input would be appreciated and you can find me playing this and many other builds at Twitch.tv/Zabie
Last edited by zabwazay on Feb 11, 2020, 7:47:29 PM
Last bumped on Apr 25, 2020, 4:07:19 PM
+1 GOOD BUILD
It insta phases Sirius on A8! god tier build
q:^] big sirus dam
Last edited by zabwazay on Jan 30, 2020, 8:11:59 PM
How does one level this? Would be my first time playing a summoner. Feel like playing Scion instead of Witch.
Can just level it as a summoner, you start out with the scion mana nodes and connect it to the tree, then respec the points out later when you unlock witch start, just pick up the summoner gems as you get them, summon skeles, zombie, specters, carrion golem, wait until atleast level 80 to use the animate guardian.
obviously at the market I cant find "enemise are blinded" and +offering bonuses armor. I have to pick one of 2 bonuses. Sooo... what is better to take ?

I would be nice to know from where spectres are summoned.

Last edited by ruubel on Feb 11, 2020, 2:55:36 PM
Has potential , also potential for improvements.
Breezed to level ~33 yesterday. Did lab at ~27 ...
With a tabula and 3 then 4 then 6 link Skellies I bet you can go to act 10.

Looking at a hungry loop for animate guardian.

Only issue is that the min/max gear is beyond ridiculously expensive this league with everyone and their mates playing some form of summoning build.
@Dofolo
Spoiler
"
Dofolo wrote:
Has potential , also potential for improvements.
Breezed to level ~33 yesterday. Did lab at ~27 ...
With a tabula and 3 then 4 then 6 link Skellies I bet you can go to act 10.

Looking at a hungry loop for animate guardian.

Only issue is that the min/max gear is beyond ridiculously expensive this league with everyone and their mates playing some form of summoning build.

I took the path of crafting my own min max gear and it ended up being ~70k
alterations in rolls, I appreciate the input, One overwhelming thing I forgot to revert back was swapping brutality back in for melee phys, I had swapped it out to test things.

Also, if it helps to know, prioritize crafting the amulet first, then aspect of the spider redeemer ring+ a reduced mana reserved shield to be able to get 5 auras/curses, then body armor. That was my crafting priority, the rest just fell in after those pieces. You can run Queen's Escape two handed sword (I think thats what it's called) until you can afford a decent convoking wand that will hold you over until you manage to craft a +1/+1 wand.

@ruubel
Spoiler
"
ruubel wrote:
obviously at the market I cant find "enemise are blinded" and +offering bonuses armor. I have to pick one of 2 bonuses. Sooo... what is better to take ?

I would be nice to know from where spectres are summoned.

I would prioritize enemies are blinded over offerings if you had to pick one. The blind adds way more protection than the offerings add dps+protection.

Both of the chieftans are in Ashen Fields, and Ruins Hellion are found in The Quay, I also have edited it on the guide, thanks for the suggestion.
Last edited by zabwazay on Feb 11, 2020, 7:30:53 PM
The items you mention in your reply start at 7 to 10ex market :) (the armor +blind or +2 wand)

Can you alt a wand to +2 ? That'd be much cheaper probably.
Speaking of suggestions, I do not know, how to link itmes here but "Prism guardian" unique shield is very adequate and cheap option.

It has blood magic, damn.Reached lvl 68 and tried.

Last edited by ruubel on Feb 12, 2020, 4:10:41 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info