Celebrating Seven Years Since Open Beta

and the old auras still look better than most of the MTX's we have today
generally dangerous
After 11,000 hours I can say i love this game. I still play it every week. I can remember every meta, and back when i joined the meta was max block BOR and old incinerate that used to shotgun. I will continue this game and be at exilecon when 2.0 comes out.
Memba old vaal pact
Congratulations from my side :)

I tried the play the game a few times when it was in the beta, and when it was finally eventually released. I deinstalled the game for various reasons and never touched it again until 2018 when I coincidentally saw a Streamer playing PoE on twitch. Then I looked for a build guide on YouTube and gave it an other try.

Now, 2800 hours later, the air is a little bit out, as some of you chances you made in the past (especially with 3.9) reminds me of the state of the game which causes me to deinstalled the game back in the days.

For the future I hope/recommend, that you keep going on with you great work, but overthink your practice to balance the game around streamers and the top 1 % of the players.

To add: By the fact, that I take time off at a league start and finish my goals within the first 3-4 weeks, I won't get rid of the feeling, that I am constantly playing a beta. That drains my motivation more and more and will eventually result in looking around for alternatives.

Best regards,
Timo
"The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried." - Stephen McCranie
Oh boy look at that nice slow gameplay of Kripp with his Burning Discharge character... no clutter, no crazy effects, no stress... how much this game has changed :O
Happy birthday GGG !
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
It's still your best trailer with great Dominus' voice actor :)
Thank you for the GAME :)
Cheers for a wonderful 7 years! This game is a million times better than Diablo 2. Also without a doubt the BEST RPG of this DECADE [2011-2020]. Yes RPG (not only ARPG)

I still got a mp-4 of that open beta trailer on one of my external harddisks. Amazing trailer. Pity I don't have the videos of witch, duelist and templar.

Also I expect a BIG PARTY when you guys hit 10 years and special events in POE!

When I have time, I might upload an old POE article.
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
Last edited by Reinhart on Jan 29, 2020, 2:55:36 AM
7 years - still no stash management to speak of, no inventory sorting option/button like in Torchlight and many other games. Multiple bugs, lack of communication, etc...

I liked the NZ company better than the current Chinese one. Feels like PoE as we know it - no more.

Been here 7 years since beta, lately really dont like how things are being handled in the game. Terrible
"All the small details". Right.
Last edited by Inscaped on Jan 29, 2020, 3:16:27 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info