The current state of PS4 POE 3.9

I am becoming increasingly frustrated at the lack of focus being given to the state of the game on PS4. It is absolutely impossible for any dev to have played the game and not be embarrassed by it's performance.

If the answer is significantly dumbing down the graphics then please dumb down the graphics until it is in line with the capabilities of the console.

Some examples from yesterday which are purely down to the state of the game:

- Shaper - When he casts his purple projectiles the game freezes up completely. When it unfreezes I am dead to his beam.

- Sirius - When he casts his 4-beam on final phase the game freezes up completely. When it unfreezes I am dead. Examples here of losing all 6 doors to this: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2757047

- Any map with shock on ground, desecrated ground - have fun with those, serious lag throughout and toss a coin if you live or die when you run into a big pack.

- Guardian maps - when a guardian spawns in a map they create an explosive effect - RIP FPS, again, can be 50/50 live or die.

- I used 32 sextants to juice up every watchstone. The resulting maps were riddled with freezes and were generally unenjoyable, it just cannot handle that much going on. The PS4 has a static performance threshold and the bar should be set for worst case scenario, then optimised.

- Game crashes - I would say an average of 1 per hour. This can be running a map, standing in my hideout or opening my inventory.

Trading Improvements

I LOVE trading! The UI on console could do with some love. Some suggestions:

- Give an option to show ONLY the items you are filtering for instead of having to trawl through 300+ pages.

- Give more intuitive options for filtering items. Typing "increased maximum life" "to increased maximum life" "lightning resistance" on console is not fun. Perhaps allow opening a checkbox list of possible mods which can be ticked for simpler filtering.

- In addition if you were looking for something really particular, a "minimum value" entry box next to each of these to really drill down on those items with only > +30 strength.

- When a trade is accepted and the item is removed from the trade, remove the trade from the list as currently it still counts as an active trade.

- When you receieve an offer on an item, show a small indicator somewhere on the screen to remind you it requires attention.

- Allow each item price to be non-negotiable. So if user x decides to spam me 1 chaos for my Lioneye's Fall he cannot even publish the trade. If the offer matches the price then it publishes.

- Allow items in your premium tabs to be marked as "Not for sale". I don't want to keep getting bids for all of my fusion orbs etc. I may however want to be selling my sextants, oils and other items.

- On the sent offers tab you show a little arrow on the left to indicate whether the offer is expanded or not. Replace this with a green, amber or red light to show whether the player is online, offline or afk.

- Small QOL - in the "sent offers" tab, make it slightly taller so that you can see all 10 trades, currently only 9 are in view.

Controller Mapping Options

"Playing claw" should not be the only option to maximising my DPS/survivability through flask usage. I do not play claw and can only run 2 types of flask (L1 and R1). This greatly reduces my potential in both aspects.

It would be nice to have some options for this. Perhaps holding L2 or R2 also switch the flasks which are selectable using L1 and R1, this way we could run 4 flasks without needing to take our thumb off the movement stick?

Misc

- There are no slots for harbinger, ancient, engineer or binding shards in the currency tab.

- There are no slots for the blessings (of xoph, tul etc) in the fragments tab.

- My friend plays on PC and tells me that on Jun missions they get 3 x Jun encounters.....why do we only get one? He can progress his safehouses at triple our speed.

- Some Cassia encounters cannot be complete. The enemies stop spawning and leaves the encounter endless.

Please understand that I want to continue loving this game, but you are making it very difficult.

Pidge.
Last edited by Pidge_1 on Jan 29, 2020, 11:05:20 AM
Last bumped on Mar 1, 2020, 3:00:40 AM
WELL said!!! I’d like to add something how ever, why do ps4 not get a chat window to open chat and try to lead people to items your trying to trade? And why is it so dang hard to find people to run maps or do anything in the game with? I guess I’m a solo forever player.
This is the most well put together post about this so far. Ive been playing PoE since perandus came out on pc, and ggg has almost always put care and effort into their work. But i dont think a single employee has ever tested out the game on ps4.I just lost a sirus level 8 fight to a hard console crash because of it. This is the 3rd one it two days. Ive changed my build three fucking times this league in hopes that my frames would increase or atleast stop creating frame loss. Ive bought a shit ton of mtx's in hope that my money would be put in devolpment of PoE on console. This is bullshit.
This game feels more and more like the lottery, you can try all you want and will not get anywhere and less you get very lucky on drops even with something as simple as maps, can watch streamers get drops after drops after drops after drops after drops after drops, I do believe because they are streaming, all I ever get from red maps that I have to buy from other players is white maybe and just a slim maybe one or two yellow maps, it’s been days since I’ve seen a red map drop, this is the third league I have played in, it just keeps getting worse, i’ve seen maybe one exult drop this entire league, don’t want no pity but I just recently had open heart surgery this is my past time this is all I get to do since my surgery, so I have a lot of time to play this game it’s my hobby but I’m starting to look for a new one because I don’t have time for the lottery.
That's the core of the game I'm afraid. It's a similar addiction to gambling.

Crafting, slamming chaos/ex, divines, drops, it's all RNG and we do it for the feeling when we hit gold :)

I've been running awakener 8 for 2/3 weeks solid and have definitely not noticed an increase in high-end drops compared to running T16s in Blight.

"it’s been days since I’ve seen a red map drop"....are you sure? I sustain very well on red maps, the only thing I start to run low on are Chisels but that's to be expected.
Last edited by Pidge_1 on Jan 29, 2020, 5:23:17 PM
Yea I’m sure, I can’t find any red maps, I’m stuck on stone 17, I can’t spwn any of the bosses because no maps but yello and don’t got a crap ton to trade for them, I’m saving up some chaos to try to make a run at it, I try to stick to maps that I have the tower with 4 stones in it but not got lucky at all, I trip over chisels, I have over 200, just no maps to put them on...
Couple of things:

There are slots for xoph type blessings and shards in the scarabs tab. Also includes space for legion shards and map pieces for atziri and the new stuff for elder and shaper.

We get a single jun encounter with (supposedly) triple rewards. Instead of 3 at a time.

The blight encounter lock ups were fixed in the last patch.

My guess is they are waiting it out until the PS5 comes out. It would solve graphic lag and most people will upgrade to PS5 (not me though)

Hope I'm wrong but then they need to address these issues. Right now not a single complaint gets addressed.
[Removed by Support]
"
Zestrenocya wrote:
Couple of things:

There are slots for xoph type blessings and shards in the scarabs tab. Also includes space for legion shards and map pieces for atziri and the new stuff for elder and shaper.

We get a single jun encounter with (supposedly) triple rewards. Instead of 3 at a time.

The blight encounter lock ups were fixed in the last patch.

- There are no slots for blessings, period.
- Jun can still drop 1 person to talk to as a minimum. On PC that still would be 3 minimum which means they progress safehouses 3 times quicker.
Any chance of fixing the graphical lag or server lag because when I was playing I had an issue where my character just stopped and then resumed.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info