The mechanics thread - beta edition (in depth FAQ)

"
Utukku wrote:
"
Malice wrote:
I have no experience with phase run, can anyone confirm ifs activation time is affected by cast speed and/or attack speed?

Phase run is affected by casting speed for sure. I don't know if it is also affected by attack speed though.

Thanks, that puts it in the same category as blood rage.

"
Utukku wrote:
One question :
I know blue monsters can give you items with (area level + 1) level requirment, and yellow ones (area level + 2). But the item level is still the area level (checked with /itemlevel).
So you can have an item 60 which is only itemlevel 58 for exemple ?

It used to be that you could not get an item that was above the monster level of an area, although that seems to have changed.
I'm not sure exactly how it works now.
I actually droped 2 lvl60 requirment item with item level 58 (on yellow level 58 monsters), so that's basically what I said.
I have a question about the base stats and what they do.

What does having an additional stat do aside from allow you to use more items, skill gems?

Does increasing your Dex by 2 increase any important stat? Does it increase your chance to hit?

I know STR doesn't add health, but does it add physical damage?

"
Renixian wrote:

What does having an additional stat do aside from allow you to use more items, skill gems?

Does increasing your Dex by 2 increase any important stat? Does it increase your chance to hit?

Currently, attributes don't do anything at all besides let you meet the requirements for gear and skills.

I believe that this will change in the future though.
"
Malice wrote:
"
Renixian wrote:

Currently, attributes don't do anything at all besides let you meet the requirements for gear and skills.

I believe that this will change in the future though.

Yeah I saw the manifesto, good change to actually have them do something. Characters need a bit more base health and definitely a lot more base hit.
Very educational post!

I have a question:

How does Life and Mana leech work?

Let's say I have 1% of Physical Attack Converted to Mana - now to get one point of mana back I would need to do 100 physical damage.

My current character doesn't do nearly that damage, so... will I get any Mana Leech at all?

Say I swing 10 times, doing 10 damage each time, will I get one point of mana after the 10th swing? Are decimals saved and kept until you have a full number? Are they discarded? Rounded?

Edit: Also, where does damage reduction come into this? Can we safely assume that leech is calculated after damage reduction?
Joined Closed Beta 20th August 2011
Last edited by dopefish on Aug 20, 2011, 4:47:39 PM
I'm wondering when do we get disease and poison spells along with curses as well... That has had me quite flustered cause they were explained on the witches trailer and page. Hopefully we will still get them so far I'm loving the fire spells and ice spells and with the critical multipliers adds more impact to my blows and I can increase my depth of damage with spell damage increase.
I can see the first witch being made then a comment by the villagers. Villagers: KILL IT WITH FIRE!!!!
just found out about this thread, very nice this clears up so many things.
"
Utukku wrote:
One question :
I know blue monsters can give you items with (area level + 1) level requirment, and yellow ones (area level + 2). But the item level is still the area level (checked with /itemlevel).
So you can have an item 60 which is only itemlevel 58 for exemple ?

Yes you can (imo)! :)
I found a sword in 36lvl area with 37 lvl req to use it.
Its itemlvl is 36 not 37.
Last edited by ness on Aug 20, 2011, 9:36:09 PM
"
dopefish wrote:
Very educational post!

I have a question:

How does Life and Mana leech work?

Let's say I have 1% of Physical Attack Converted to Mana - now to get one point of mana back I would need to do 100 physical damage.

My current character doesn't do nearly that damage, so... will I get any Mana Leech at all?

Say I swing 10 times, doing 10 damage each time, will I get one point of mana after the 10th swing? Are decimals saved and kept until you have a full number? Are they discarded? Rounded?

Edit: Also, where does damage reduction come into this? Can we safely assume that leech is calculated after damage reduction?

I believe the leech is rounded to the nearest whole number. So with 1% leech, doing 49 damage will net you nothing at all, but doing 51 damage will net you one point of hp/mana.
I can't say for certain but I would assume this comes after any damage reduction (I would be surprised if it didn't).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info