The mechanics thread - beta edition (in depth FAQ)

"
ziiion wrote:
thx, i have another question..

if i link a enduring cry + item quality gem

will my general all purpose item quality% go up or it wont do anything, since usually this gems are associated with skill kill?

if it updates the all purpose item quality%, if i activate the passive where i share endurance charges with the party will it also pass the %item quality?
The increased item quantity gem only affects drops from monsters you kill with the linked active skill.
You don't kill any monsters with enduring cry.
I have one question. If you get hit and you have energy shield, does it factor in your armor before applying damage to your energy shield?

Thanks
from the first page:
"
Hit & damage calculation order of effects
There are a number of steps involved in deciding whether an attack hits or not and how much damage is done:

* Evasion is checked first
* If the attack is not evaded, then blocking is checked
* If the attack is not blocked, then calculate damage reduction and resistances
* Subtract damage from energy shield/life

so yes.
Do magic/rare monsters give more experience than their normal counterparts? If so, how much more?
I think so its little too big differance between magic damage and physical damage. Withes can make easly self chaos mealstorm when duelists or maruders have a big problems ...
duelist dieing often like witch and doing 10 time less damage. When my cleave got 170-360 damage i have to atack mobs like 40 times to kill one mob with skill. When withes using just mayby 5-7 fireballs. Propably i think so , well im not 100% sure but mobs have too much physical armor. And duelist really dieing every 1 hit blue zombie or something like this .
damage duelists and maruders its rlly not the same like magic damage from withes. Withes got chance hit every time and harder. When physical damage have chance to hit and sometimes its much lower , minions dont have magic ressists or got too low :) , when psyhical damage its just propably mayby 30-40% total damage what do u have.

Sorry for my english.
Last edited by luckyzi on Oct 9, 2011, 5:29:39 AM
"
Roosta wrote:
Do magic/rare monsters give more experience than their normal counterparts? If so, how much more?

I can't say for sure but I would assume they give more xp. How much is anyone's guess. You could try testing it by recording the XP gain from normal and champion versions of the same monster.
"
Malice wrote:
"
Roosta wrote:

I can't say for sure but I would assume they give more xp. How much is anyone's guess. You could try testing it by recording the XP gain from normal and champion versions of the same monster.

From some of my earlier tests, I found that magic enemies give about two times the experience, and randomly spawned rare enemies give about three times the experience.

Placed rares (uniques?) such as Oozeback Bloom in Mud Flats or The Really Big Crab in Flooded Depths seem to give different multiples of experience.

Also, different numbers of affixes on magic enemies do not change the amount of xp received ie a Dripping Dead of Flames gives the same amount of experience as a Savage Dripping Dead of Flames.
And as it is such so also as such is it unto you
Last edited by IMDisappoint on Oct 9, 2011, 10:54:21 AM
"
luckyzi wrote:
when duelists or maruders have a big problems ...

What?

What you say?

*appears confused*

Youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzudxtilpQP_CzgbmkYmW4w

Twitch:
https://www.twitch.tv/uberj4ger
"
luckyzi wrote:
I think so its little too big differance between magic damage and physical damage. Withes can make easly self chaos mealstorm when duelists or maruders have a big problems ...
duelist dieing often like witch and doing 10 time less damage. When my cleave got 170-360 damage i have to atack mobs like 40 times to kill one mob with skill. When withes using just mayby 5-7 fireballs. Propably i think so , well im not 100% sure but mobs have too much physical armor. And duelist really dieing every 1 hit blue zombie or something like this .
damage duelists and maruders its rlly not the same like magic damage from withes. Withes got chance hit every time and harder. When physical damage have chance to hit and sometimes its much lower , minions dont have magic ressists or got too low :) , when psyhical damage its just propably mayby 30-40% total damage what do u have.

Sorry for my english.

Are you using enough life leech? Are you depending on evasion only to survive? Evasion only is a know problem in 0.9.2 and is being fixed in 0.9.3 by the devs.

Placeholder.
Note:
Minion damage allocation and type clarification(killing blow, elemental support/etc)
Section for comprehensive experience gain tables(gems, characters, party/ unk.)
Please note I have not completed analysis of the entire thread's contents, and intend to edit this post to reflect a more accurate and directed approach to mechanics questions upon further review.)
Patience is a virtue.
Last edited by Nazaxprime on Oct 13, 2011, 8:56:04 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info