The mechanics thread - beta edition (in depth FAQ)

Is there any reason for why rangers have the lowest health and mana gain per level out of all of the classes?

#Chris: dont quote me on that
If I had to guess, it is because they combine the best of melee physical classes and ranged caster classes.

They can stay out of face pounding range while having melee's mana management.
"
konfeta wrote:

They can stay out of face pounding range while having melee's mana management.

I thought that too, but witches can kite the same and yet they have receive double the mana. Furthermore their health is almost a nil value, once their energy shield is out they're in deep trouble.
#Chris: dont quote me on that
Witches Wand attack doesn't really compare to the Bow.
"
Centaur31 wrote:
Very nice list. I did notice 2 skills missing, though:
* Detonate Dead (an attack spell)
* Phase Run (part weapon skill, part other)

Thanks for this.

I have no experience with phase run, can anyone confirm ifs activation time is affected by cast speed and/or attack speed?

Also, do support gems add to the damage done by the attack (can be tested easily with added cold damage, watching if the cold effect plays on the monster that gets hit)?

"
Xapti wrote:
I am fully aware how it works, I think you just misinterpreted what I was saying.

Ah, yes I read the thread in the skill feedback forum only after I posted that.

I'm curious to know how you tested it, I definitely seem to do more damage with a +100% physical damage weapon than an 0% weapon of the same base type.
Last edited by Malice on Aug 17, 2011, 8:29:42 AM
Anyone knows whenever +AoE increases by additive radius or actually increasing total area by the said %?
"
konfeta wrote:
Anyone knows whenever +AoE increases by additive radius or actually increasing total area by the said %?

I would assume it increases the normal unmodified radius my a percentage (but can't say for certain).

It would be nice to have the radius listed somewhere in the skill description/tooltip.
Last edited by Malice on Aug 17, 2011, 10:25:50 AM
Burning also makes monsters run away in fear for the duration. Not sure if it works on all monsters, since bears and other large enemies do not seem to move away when set on fire. However, this could have something to do with their slow movement speed and stun from being continually attacked.
"
malariacode wrote:
Burning also makes monsters run away in fear for the duration. Not sure if it works on all monsters, since bears and other large enemies do not seem to move away when set on fire. However, this could have something to do with their slow movement speed and stun from being continually attacked.

Thanks, forgot about that one.
"
Malice wrote:

I have no experience with phase run, can anyone confirm ifs activation time is affected by cast speed and/or attack speed?

Phase run is affected by casting speed for sure. I don't know if it is also affected by attack speed though.

One question :
I know blue monsters can give you items with (area level + 1) level requirment, and yellow ones (area level + 2). But the item level is still the area level (checked with /itemlevel).
So you can have an item 60 which is only itemlevel 58 for exemple ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info