[3.12] Mana guardian Icestorm ~ Max Block/Spellblock UPDATED FOR HEIST

"
mochmaster wrote:
Can you post a PoB with budget gear?

Sorry for the lack of keeping up on the build guys, been sick and have decided to step away until the next league. I will be back once I am no longer sick. I will have the guide updated for next league too. One major piece of advice i give to everyone who is new to the build, is to watch me league start 1 time with the build on twitch, watch my methods and my process so you can learn how i do everything, then you will be so much less confused.
Would love thoughts on Split Personality gems. I know ascendent can get 40-80 int per and stacks them heavily. Our tree seems to go pretty far too, wonder if 1 or 3 of them could be worth dropping some other jewels or nodes?
UPDATED FOR 3.11
I WILL BE STREAMING LEAGUE START AGAIN LIKE USUAL
BIRTHDAY STREAM ON JUNE 20TH WHERE I WILL BE SUPER DRUNK
LETS GET SOME SEEDS AND PLAY SOME FARMVILLE BOIS.
With the minor new changes in 3.11, do you think Guardian will once again out DPS the Scion version? Do you think Scion will have less ES, now that it is limited to 2 split personalities?

Could you layout your pros and cons with league starting with guardian vs. scion?

Also....I'm curious what is main skill everyone is using to level that transitions easily to WI?
1) Ball Lightning Mines
2) Freezing Pulse
3) Straight Cyclone
4) Other... suggestion?

Cheers!
Last edited by St3rL3rd on Jun 18, 2020, 10:23:03 PM
"
St3rL3rd wrote:
With the minor new changes in 3.11, do you think Guardian will once again out DPS the Scion version? Do you think Scion will have less ES, now that it is limited to 2 split personalities?

Could you layout your pros and cons with league starting with guardian vs. scion?

Also....I'm curious what is main skill everyone is using to level that transitions easily to WI?
1) Ball Lightning Mines
2) Freezing Pulse
3) Straight Cyclone
4) Other... suggestion?

Cheers!

To be honest i usually level this setup as Freezing Pulse self cast and transition to ice storm at 40-50. I put a leveling guide in the notes on POB, but you can also level as herald of agony, its super easy on trade leagues. 4 Link quill rain with Rain of arrows + lesser poison + Faster attacks + life gain on hit, then put your herald of agony in a 3-4 slot too and boom it will murder everything while you shoot and run past it. However, Freezing pulse is very solid, especially with the changes to bitterdream, would be a solid leveling item. Could also level with Vortex once you hit level 28. I usually just stick to juicy cold spells and as soon as i can get some gear with int + ES on it i hard swap to CI, but its okay to stay life-based up until the 70s if youre feeling it.
Instead of Cyclone+CWC why not try arcanist brand? It'd free up a slot for a better support gem too
"
skyscan wrote:
Instead of Cyclone+CWC why not try arcanist brand? It'd free up a slot for a better support gem too
IF you're really asking this, you dont understand Icestorm at all lol. Do you realize how much icestorm would cost on arcanist brand? You would be oom in 1 cast. The reason you cyclone + CWC is because it costs 2 mana lol. Plus why change what's already amazing? This build does amazing dps, no need to change anything when it works perfect as is ;p
"
Do you realize how much icestorm would cost on arcanist brand? You would be oom in 1 cast. The reason you cyclone + CWC is because it costs 2 mana lol.

Even ignoring the huge mana cost, arcanist brand doesn't seem that strong at all. The nice thing about CWC is that you can totally ignore having to scale cast speed. You'd need something like 200%-300% increased cast speed on arcanist brand to make it equivalent to CWC, which means that, without scaling cast speed, you're looking at a huge DPS loss. There are also more loss factors in arcanist brand, so I really think it's not a good option.

I'm more worried about the fact that cyclone no longer offers stun immunity. If unwavering stance gets moved closer to the templar area (which it looks like is rumored), it might be worth the extra couple of nodes.
Can just plug in skyforth for stun immunity tbh
I am getting errors from POB for the tree.

IS there another way I can get a copy of the skill tree please.

Oh and Happy Birthday !!!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info