if you dont like to die - just dont die DUH!

im at a point where i cant seem to find any upgrades for my pyroclast miner
i am lvl 94 and everytime i get unexpected unpredictable and unavoiding oneshots
which i cant even notice because they either happen from outside the screen (yup game still feels like the camera is still zoomed in to near to the character ...) and/or they there are so many projectiles that it feels like its a oneshot
even though i used all possible defense layers i could get.

Justified Death Penalty?:
yeah im a big enemy of the Death Penalty even though i like the Game alot and its the best h&s experience i could ever get
but still i feel like 10% is to harsh
now you would argument with "if you cant level up then you dont deserve it"
or such things as "git gud" or even "if you dont like the death penalty then just simply dont die"
so let me tell you that
the death penalty made me left the leagues after a bit over 1 and half months of league start so if thats the intention of GGG then im a bit disappointed and actually started regretting alot of times ever spending money for this company

to casual or is the game to hard?:
no the game itself is ez even the boss fights seem pretty ez but then there are sentinels or vaal constructs that can devastate you from outta nowhere (offscreen). Not even the Sirus fight is that unpredictable like the random oneshots while mapping. Everything seems to have a exploding cluster mod on that explode as soon as i alch my maps and try to progress in level somehow
but yep thats how it worked the last leagues also...

git gud or get out?:
is this the politics of the game now?

what would they lose if there would be a league without death penalty?:
somebody who can explain that?
"There are Penalties in the Game, no one's complaining about them"
Chris Wilson Exilecon 2019
Last bumped on Jan 27, 2020, 4:25:35 PM
It's easy to get to level 95.
96-100 are luxury and should be hard.
No offense, but why do you need the levels anyway, you will still get one shot, and your dps will be roughly the same... so? Why care?

Why do you want to get 100? Is it the satisfaction of it? It wont really change anything.

If there was no penalty, then wouldnt the accomplishment be meaningless as well? The worst player in the game could just die their way to 100.

I think the main point is that your deaths, for the most part are controllable.

I just find it boring past 95.

You can survive if you stick to horizontal deleve, do blue maps, or breach rotas, and make it to 100.

Personally I like doing juiced up maps and Metamorphs, and im willing to concede when some madness happens.

I consider a character done between 90-95. Anything past that, as the previous poster said, is a luxury.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Last edited by DarthSki44 on Jan 17, 2020, 5:05:36 PM
Going to high map and dying gives less exp than going to yellow map and not dying. Just sayin.
"
trixxar wrote:
No offense, but why do you need the levels anyway, you will still get one shot, and your dps will be roughly the same... so? Why care?

Why do you want to get 100? Is it the satisfaction of it? It wont really change anything.

If there was no penalty, then wouldnt the accomplishment be meaningless as well? The worst player in the game could just die their way to 100.

there is no satisfaction for doing such thing
imo its just rediculous that getting to lvl 100 is part of a huge challange
so basically only a few get there and only by doing restricted stuff
and also you said if there would be no penalty like that everybody would die their way to 100
i dont thinks so because you have 6 portals and also you wont get back the map if you die 6 times and didnt got any from drops means basically you wont die your way up to 100 or it would take too long
the main thing what bothers me the most is that i somehow manage to not die until 20-50% and then i die to random stuff which is uncontrollable unless i run blue maps or the same delph depths

"
DarthSki44 wrote:

You can survive if you stick to horizontal deleve, do blue maps, or breach rotas, and make it to 100.

Personally I like doing juiced up maps and Metamorphs, and im willing to concede when some madness happens.

I consider a character done between 90-95. Anything past that, as the previous poster said, is a luxury.

my character is also done with 94 mostly and lvl 94 is ok for me to do
but as soon as i want to move further i cant get past it

well then you just suggest me not to aim for level 100 or past lvl 95

for me thats a poor game design
i actually would like to see how many people would play without a death penalty if there would be a extra league for it :)

i also kinda feel like nobody seen better penalty designs than that from poe which is absolutely horrible
other games did it better

"
Aynix wrote:
Going to high map and dying gives less exp than going to yellow map and not dying. Just sayin.

i know and still it takes ages ...

"
It's easy to get to level 95.
96-100 are luxury and should be hard.

for people like me its not hard its impossible
why is lvl 100 such a big deal in poe? in others there isnt?
is it grinding gear games or struggling to lvl 100 games?
why do other games give you the max lvl ez so you can concentrate on building up your character instead of not dying for a while and then dying just randomly and quitting the game cus you lose hours of progress??

like i said poor game design
Last edited by Wladicorist1 on Jan 17, 2020, 5:27:52 PM
"
Wladicorist1 wrote:
"
trixxar wrote:

there is no satisfaction for doing such thing
imo its just rediculous that getting to lvl 100 is part of a huge challange
so basically only a few get there and only by doing restricted stuff
and also you said if there would be no penalty like that everybody would die their way to 100
i dont thinks so because you have 6 portals and also you wont get back the map if you die 6 times and didnt got any from drops means basically you wont die your way up to 100 or it would take too long
the main thing what bothers me the most is that i somehow manage to not die until 20-50% and then i die to random stuff which is uncontrollable unless i run blue maps or the same delph depths

"
DarthSki44 wrote:

my character is also done with 94 mostly and lvl 94 is ok for me to do
but as soon as i want to move further i cant get past it

well then you just suggest me not to aim for level 100 or past lvl 95

for me thats a poor game design
i actually would like to see how many people would play without a death penalty if there would be a extra league for it :)

i also kinda feel like nobody seen better penalty designs than that from poe which is absolutely horrible
other games did it better

I didn't say that.

I said if you want to get to 100, you cant be doing ridiculous t16 and Synthesis maps, delving past 500, and/or rippy metamorphs.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
I didn't say that.

I said if you want to get to 100, you cant be doing ridiculous t16 and Synthesis maps, delving past 500, and/or rippy metamorphs.

misunderstood cus bad english as you may notice :D
I find the 10% xp penalty for dying a bit outdated but that's just me. I get ppl are like, but 100 should be hard!

But on the other hand, why should it be hard? There's no real reason for the penalties imo, other than making ppl frustrated, especially with the BS one-shots we have in the game sometimes.

There's no good reason for the death penalty in the game imo.

/edit/ I basically can't die from mapping (except for when some ghost went lol, yes you can and blew me up through 14k ES in 0.5s) and I'll probably reach 98 tomorrow because all I've been doing is farming Sirus, but still, the 6 portal thing is incentive enough to not die your way through boss encounters/etc.
Last edited by bluesylph on Jan 17, 2020, 5:33:47 PM
every defense layer? ever tried to dodge things?
"Now all that's left is for you getting on your knees."
if you know thanks me:) i'm dying to find out x'D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info