if you dont like to die - just dont die DUH!

every defense layer? ever tried to dodge things?
"Now all that's left is for you getting on your knees."
if you know thanks me:) i'm dying to find out x'D
I cant die if I don't want to die. Do tier 15 maps + metamorphs all day, leave more dangerous fights like guardians for later = no problem. I leveled from 30% level 96 to level 97 deathless this way. But right now I don't care. I do 8 modded guardian maps, die sometimes, it doesn't bother me.
"
Wladicorist1 wrote:
... imo its just rediculous that getting to lvl 100 is part of a huge challange...

This is the crux of the issue. You simply disagree with GGG (and lots of other people) on this point. The death penalty is not going to change simply because you are in the minority here
Death penalty should stay! And this is comming from a melee player not following a meta build!
Player issues

Nothing to see here

Death's avoidable unless you lag 24/7 which in that case why are you playin?
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Player issues

Nothing to see here

https://youtu.be/FkHvs_jfrOU?t=25
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2742714
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2738930

i agree death is avoidable, but that isn't because of game mechanics or defenses or even moving. GGG has nerfed defenses time and time again over and over and over. even just manually dodging has its limits with the crazy screen clutter we've had since betrayal league introduction.

death is avoidable by avoiding death risky content. ya. super fun

i don't care about dying cause i don't care about XP. 10% xp loss, who gives a shit. you only care if you want to get to level 100, which doesn't do anything. but GGG needs to stop nerfing defenses over and over. BALANCE them sure.
and if their nerfs are balancing, than clearly they just want people to die over and over - and clearly they only want a couple of builds to be considered defensively viable, which is a problem in and of its own.

its why the community constantly relies on "a good offense is a good defense". because at this point there isn't a reliable defense. if there is it only belongs to one-two ascendancies, with specific items/builds/and like full investment to get that way
"hardcore arpg experience"

rofl irl.
"Parade your victories, hide your defeats. Mortals are so insecure."

Once you break the cycle of fear no angels or demons can whisper you their sweet nothing words.

Retired since crucible.(Not a free tester anymore for a multi billion dollar company).
"
WickedSausage wrote:
Death penalty should stay! And this is comming from a melee player not following a meta build!

It is not that I am in favor of the reduction or cancellation of the penalty, but at least if you are going to give your opinion you should do it with "knowledge of the cause". A quick glance tells me that your highest level character is 92... And it's not about "elitism" but that way you have no idea about anything.

Being a normal player with a character in level 99, you can spend a week playing and for a little carelessness, or by lag, die and lose all that progress or even more in just 1 second. At that level it's the same as playing Hardcore even if you are playing in Softcore. I understand the reasons...
Bethesda is known for having good ideas and terrible realization of them. GGG is a Bethesda subsidiary or what?
"
xMustard wrote:
"
Player issues

Nothing to see here

https://youtu.be/FkHvs_jfrOU?t=25
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2742714
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2738930

i agree death is avoidable, but that isn't because of game mechanics or defenses or even moving. GGG has nerfed defenses time and time again over and over and over. even just manually dodging has its limits with the crazy screen clutter we've had since betrayal league introduction.

death is avoidable by avoiding death risky content. ya. super fun

i don't care about dying cause i don't care about XP. 10% xp loss, who gives a shit. you only care if you want to get to level 100, which doesn't do anything. but GGG needs to stop nerfing defenses over and over. BALANCE them sure.
and if their nerfs are balancing, than clearly they just want people to die over and over - and clearly they only want a couple of builds to be considered defensively viable, which is a problem in and of its own.

its why the community constantly relies on "a good offense is a good defense". because at this point there isn't a reliable defense. if there is it only belongs to one-two ascendancies, with specific items/builds/and like full investment to get that way

first guy stacked crit, accuracy and damage on an extra damage map, probably T8 atlas too(sextnats?) and ofc the bird is gonna slamdunk him, he was also "moving" but in fact he stayed perfectly on the bosses slam aoe whole time

second guy dashed into a martyrpack.. yeah i know but you should assume thats gonna happen at some point(again, was it a torment map-->then you should be extra alerted that there might be martyr anywhere, just like DD totem on a totem map)

you dont need to avoid content(maybe some bosses)but you need to play it perfectly aka not do stupid things.

this game used to be a game where you needed to READ mapmods and then even skip some bosses, like in 1.0 running -max hasted Piety was considered suicide.

i think this was also the reason why people hated bestiary/betrayal, they couldn't understand what extra mods does to monsters.

i blame powercreep, people one-shotting everything and killing bosses in 2 hits does this... you can ignore every map/sextannmod and still do everything.

ha-ha
d:-D*
I would say that using challenges as something thats easy is kinda weird. Challenges are totally arbitrary and not part of core gameplay. Getting X challenges is less part of the game than killing uber elder or A8 Sirus, its just this random listing of tasks, used by some, ignored by others.

Changing a core gameplay mechanic just for the sake of some random challenge, thats pretty niche.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info