3.12 VB Assassin Caster/Any spell | Crackling Lance 21M dps A8 Sirus down | Videos |

"
Xiaobear6 wrote:
Big thx to OP for great build. Here is my Bladefall version:

Compared to Purifying Flame, Bladefall has a bigger AOE but you need Awakened Spell Cascade. It also has higher maximum single target DPS, around 20 million DPS, but it's heavily reliant on intensity stacks. At 0 Intensity stacks, the DPS is only around 6 million.

This isn't a problem for Metamorphs, Conquerors, Sirius. The only place I found it be a slight problem is Uber Elder. You just need around 3-4 seconds of casting without moving to deal enough damage to kill/phase anything in the game.

I use concentrated effect during fights like sirus or uber elder, where you gotta be on the move 95% of the time. Intensify is pretty bad on movement fights where you can burst things down immediately

My issue with bladefall is that its hard to determine how and where the damage overlaps for awakened spell cascade, but its pretty great you made it work
My Builds/Stream

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2814713
Spoiler
"
Astarift wrote:
"
Xiaobear6 wrote:

Compared to Purifying Flame, Bladefall has a bigger AOE but you need Awakened Spell Cascade. It also has higher maximum single target DPS, around 20 million DPS, but it's heavily reliant on intensity stacks. At 0 Intensity stacks, the DPS is only around 6 million.

This isn't a problem for Metamorphs, Conquerors, Sirius. The only place I found it be a slight problem is Uber Elder. You just need around 3-4 seconds of casting without moving to deal enough damage to kill/phase anything in the game.
"
Astarift wrote:

I use concentrated effect during fights like sirus or uber elder, where you gotta be on the move 95% of the time. Intensify is pretty bad on movement fights where you can burst things down immediately

My issue with bladefall is that its hard to determine how and where the damage overlaps for awakened spell cascade, but its pretty great you made it work

I did some testing with a friend. Got 100% poison and cast Bladefall in various support combinations and asked my friend to report how many poison stacks he got. This is what I found about how Bladefall works.

The total number of blades is fixed. Increases/decrease to area of effect does not affect the AOE of each blade, but rather the area of the whole. This means less area = denser blades = more overlap and more hits on a single target.

So Concentrated Effect and Intensity not only adds damage per blade, but also how many blades hit a player sized target. A larger hitbox will also mean more hits. With just Bladefall-Awakened Spell Cascade, I got average of 2 hits per cast. Adding Concentrated Effect, I got 2-3 hits per cast. Adding Intensify with 0 Intensity, I got 2-3 hits per cast. At 4 Intensity, it rises to 5-7 hits per cast, average of 6.

If you assume on average, the hit is on the 3rd wave, then you discount the damage by 12% due to 6% less damage per wave. So at max Intensity, you'll have a 5x multiplier of the PoB DPS.

In actual gameplay, I've found this to be correct. Comparing to your videos of conqueror kills, Bladefall is noticeably faster. The Conqueror dies before casting its first ability. But the limitation is you must be able to prestack the Intensity. For Metamorphs, Conquerors, Sirus, you can start casting while they spawn and be at 4 Intensity as they start taking damage, then they will die/phase in around 2 seconds.

Uber Elder was the one fight where I couldn't prestack after the initial phase. If you have to dodge all the time, you cannot stack Intensity and DPS will be low. The other downside compared to Purifying Flame is that Bladefall does many smaller hits instead of 1 big hit. Although the area of effect is larger, it does not kill as cleanly. Sometimes stragglers outside of a pack will survive a single cast and you'll need to clean them up.

And the last thing is Bladefall is very graphics intensive so you'll need a good graphics card or suffer lower frame rate/graphics quality. I just really like the aesthetics of it and the very first league I played was the one they introduced Bladefall. Ever since then I've been wanting to play a LL Bladefall build, but never got around to it. Thank you for this build allowing me to Make Bladefall Great Again. :D
"
Xiaobear6 wrote:
Spoiler
"
Astarift wrote:
"
Xiaobear6 wrote:

"
Astarift wrote:

I did some testing with a friend. Got 100% poison and cast Bladefall in various support combinations and asked my friend to report how many poison stacks he got. This is what I found about how Bladefall works.

The total number of blades is fixed. Increases/decrease to area of effect does not affect the AOE of each blade, but rather the area of the whole. This means less area = denser blades = more overlap and more hits on a single target.

So Concentrated Effect and Intensity not only adds damage per blade, but also how many blades hit a player sized target. A larger hitbox will also mean more hits. With just Bladefall-Awakened Spell Cascade, I got average of 2 hits per cast. Adding Concentrated Effect, I got 2-3 hits per cast. Adding Intensify with 0 Intensity, I got 2-3 hits per cast. At 4 Intensity, it rises to 5-7 hits per cast, average of 6.

If you assume on average, the hit is on the 3rd wave, then you discount the damage by 12% due to 6% less damage per wave. So at max Intensity, you'll have a 5x multiplier of the PoB DPS.

In actual gameplay, I've found this to be correct. Comparing to your videos of conqueror kills, Bladefall is noticeably faster. The Conqueror dies before casting its first ability. But the limitation is you must be able to prestack the Intensity. For Metamorphs, Conquerors, Sirus, you can start casting while they spawn and be at 4 Intensity as they start taking damage, then they will die/phase in around 2 seconds.

Uber Elder was the one fight where I couldn't prestack after the initial phase. If you have to dodge all the time, you cannot stack Intensity and DPS will be low. The other downside compared to Purifying Flame is that Bladefall does many smaller hits instead of 1 big hit. Although the area of effect is larger, it does not kill as cleanly. Sometimes stragglers outside of a pack will survive a single cast and you'll need to clean them up.

And the last thing is Bladefall is very graphics intensive so you'll need a good graphics card or suffer lower frame rate/graphics quality. I just really like the aesthetics of it and the very first league I played was the one they introduced Bladefall. Ever since then I've been wanting to play a LL Bladefall build, but never got around to it. Thank you for this build allowing me to Make Bladefall Great Again. :D

Thanks for the explanation on how much bladefall gets to hit, seems pretty solid when u combo it with conc, intensify and awakened spell cascade. Didnt think of using poison/golden rule to test the number of hits thats a pretty good gauge.

For uber elder ill suggest dropping intensify and replacing it with another damage support gem, prob gotta make do with the less but more consistent dps over the burst

I tried a CoC bladefall+firestorm build, it did not end well, because it was so laggy i couldnt play the game. Granted that i did it with increased aoe and stuff to literally clutter my screen with falling blades and fire
My Builds/Stream

Hey I am confused why flesh and stone is used. Can someone mind explaining to me why it's worth using over another aura? Thanks. Loving the build btw, absolutely melts bosses and the clear isn't too bad!
"
aowamplfiy wrote:
Hey I am confused why flesh and stone is used. Can someone mind explaining to me why it's worth using over another aura? Thanks. Loving the build btw, absolutely melts bosses and the clear isn't too bad!

We only use flesh and stone in sand stance.

The issue with ES builds are that they tend to not have strong mitigation, where we instead have a bulk of ES. Flesh and stone helps here because it gives us less damage taken from ranged attacked and we blind nearby mobs
My Builds/Stream

Cool, thanks! That's what I figured but wanted to make sure. Is there any chance you could check my character and let me know how I could min max from here? I have about 80 ex to drop but I'm really not sure what else I can do. I haven't been rerolling the timeless jewel because I'm not sure what else I could reallocate in the skill tree to get the nodes without dropping to extremely low ES(only at 6.6k atm). Appreciate the help :D here's the link to my character.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/aowamplfiy/characters
Also I only am able to get up to 10m dps in PoB which seems low to me but I could be doing something very wrong as I've just started playing this league and it's all still a bit confusing to me. Don't mean to bother you but if you wouldn't mind checking out my PoB I would happy to give you a few exalts in game if you want :D

https://pastebin.com/7AWn9k6U
"
aowamplfiy wrote:
Also I only am able to get up to 10m dps in PoB which seems low to me but I could be doing something very wrong as I've just started playing this league and it's all still a bit confusing to me. Don't mean to bother you but if you wouldn't mind checking out my PoB I would happy to give you a few exalts in game if you want :D

https://pastebin.com/7AWn9k6U

Your PoB seems to be outdated, the passive tree doesnt directly reflect what you have on your character tab in here(PoB doesnt have unnatural calm allocated)

Throatseeker isnt better than doomcast cluster, having close to 100% crit(with bottled faith) allows you to drop diamond flask(you literally get like 3-4% crit chance with this flask, its not worth a flask slot) and pick up a wise oak. You will still get the bonus damage from wise oak, just less so on the defensive.

You seem to have less passives than your supposed level, type /passives in game to see what you missed out

Use this PoB link, its closer to what i have
https://pastebin.com/1EKxB0Sw
I would focus more on getting ES if i were you, i wont feel safe going below 7k ES, helm enchant is absolutely not required, i would go for a 350+ ES helm, thats 1 of our main bulk of ES. Ill drop the helm so i can balance resist for wise oak, which is a huge defensive/dps boost

You get around 11m with my edited PoB on bosses. The PoB you sent me has damage on non bosses(which has inflated dps because non bosses dont have 50% elemental resist)

Your rings/amulet/belt seems to have no quality, gotta use tempered catalyst on the amulet and belt, turbulent catalyst on the rings. We get quite alot of bonus ES with the catalysts

If you do have high budget to spend, get a circle of anguish with + power charges(very very expensive), a corrupted shavs with + aoe/duration/socketed gems(20-30ex) for damage, +max res, max es% for defensive.
Another way to increase dps is also to get a warlord influenced helm with good enough ES/res and +1 power charges. Power charges increases our dps massively(you get like 1.7m more dps per power charge)
My Builds/Stream

Cool thanks for all the help mate, appreciate it! Got the ES much higher with the catalysts and a few more points in the tree and yeah I was actually missing a couple of the passive points. I will also be missing 2 from bandits because I helped alira with my cast on crit build initially but no big deal, leagues almost over anyway.
"
aowamplfiy wrote:
Cool thanks for all the help mate, appreciate it! Got the ES much higher with the catalysts and a few more points in the tree and yeah I was actually missing a couple of the passive points. I will also be missing 2 from bandits because I helped alira with my cast on crit build initially but no big deal, leagues almost over anyway.

We help alira for bandits, so no changes there required
My Builds/Stream

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info