3.9.2b Patch Notes

"
japaloco wrote:
"
astral_ikar wrote:
Fucking shit- the only 100+mb patch is setup uping for 30+mins on SSD.
What da hell?

That's steam updater for you. It's been like that for years now and it won't be fixed. If you don't want to wait anymore just download the launcher out of steam.

It has happened to me plenty of times which also forced the game to uninstall itself and redownload, so to save all hassles just download standalone launcher lol ^-^
We've now finished restoring the maps that were destroyed by using Convert Maps. It's a best-effort restoration, and we've erred on the gifty side. I'm sorry that it took so long to get this done, and for the lack of communication - I didn't want to make any promises that turned out to be impossible.
Sweet patch!!
(Steam)MickeyDankMouse
(PSN)MickeyDankMouse
(Xbox)MickeyDankMouse
-MickeyDankMouse-
"
Thomas wrote:
We've now finished restoring the maps that were destroyed by using Convert Maps. It's a best-effort restoration, and we've erred on the gifty side. I'm sorry that it took so long to get this done, and for the lack of communication - I didn't want to make any promises that turned out to be impossible.

It didn't restore any maps from tiers 1-6, 9, 11, 14-15. And the maps that have been restored are like 1/5th of what I've lost (with an exception of Guardian maps, they seems to be back in full afair)

It's kinda funny that you were able to restore more Guardian maps than any other maps.

Last edited by jewelsy2 on Jan 17, 2020, 7:28:02 AM
zug
"
Morgoth92 wrote:
I am getting a break from this game. They are not fixing the most important things after 2 updates: orb of horizons still bugged (only rolling "natural maps"), map stash tab with no conversion available, all source of maps such as prophecies, delve, div cards only award lower tier maps. Basically after the 3.9 expansions we got a new Atlas, but less freedom to play as we want. Variety is the main thing I loved in PoE. Before we could farm an Uber Boss (Uber Elder), grind specific or different maps, thank to elder and shaper orbs. We could also full sextant lower tier maps, if we liked that. Now we can only farm Sirius, that's it. We cannot sustain single maps (for the horizon orb bug), we cannot sextant lower tier maps (since they will have only one watchstone available). Technically GGG reduced the amount of stuff you can do in the Atlas by 66%. You are not incetivized in investing hard on your maps (sextants, prophecies, scarabs) because you can already sustain generic high tier maps well but more importantly because the best strategy involves spamming maps as fast as possible without clearing to farm the conquerors. The best strategy is just spamming red maps until an influence spawns, and then just run white maps until you reached a citadel. I played from Beta, and this is not the game I once liked anymore. The design choice here is quite simple: they want to make investing in maps suboptimal to do, since the only true profit generator is now Sirus/Conquerors, and that's to make game easier for new players. It's outrageous how GGG is fixing any kind of bug but not the most important ones. Reddit is begging all days about more QoL on the map stash tabs and they just don't care, even that being top priority imo. So I'm getting a break, I will start to play again if I see changes to how GGG deals with hotfixes and expansion releases. Cheers

I agree with some of this except the 'make it easier for new players'

this is such an over convoluted system that no way is it easy for new players. I have also played since open beta and I despise this new map system.
Pacific (GMT -8) Time
"
Thomas wrote:

Thank you very much. From the heart.

I was very sad and mad when it happened. And even more because I wasn't sure if you were aaware of the problem and taking it serious. I do understand, that you didn't want to make promises that turned out to be impossible, but you would have saved everybody affected by the problem much anger and frustration by letting us know that you're still trying to find a solution.

Thanks again. I had abandoned all hope to see my maps ever again. Now I have a map tab full of my all-time favorite, Dunes, again. Everything's good now.

Good job, exiles!
Overwhelmed by Path of Exile? You might want to have a look at Wrecker_of_Days' beginner-friendly guides. One-click-wonders that do not require any specific items to conquer the campaign and the Atlas: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2606288/page/1
"
Madcow1120 wrote:
"
Morgoth92 wrote:
I am getting a break from this game. They are not fixing the most important things after 2 updates: orb of horizons still bugged (only rolling "natural maps"), map stash tab with no conversion available, all source of maps such as prophecies, delve, div cards only award lower tier maps. Basically after the 3.9 expansions we got a new Atlas, but less freedom to play as we want. Variety is the main thing I loved in PoE. Before we could farm an Uber Boss (Uber Elder), grind specific or different maps, thank to elder and shaper orbs. We could also full sextant lower tier maps, if we liked that. Now we can only farm Sirius, that's it. We cannot sustain single maps (for the horizon orb bug), we cannot sextant lower tier maps (since they will have only one watchstone available). Technically GGG reduced the amount of stuff you can do in the Atlas by 66%. You are not incetivized in investing hard on your maps (sextants, prophecies, scarabs) because you can already sustain generic high tier maps well but more importantly because the best strategy involves spamming maps as fast as possible without clearing to farm the conquerors. The best strategy is just spamming red maps until an influence spawns, and then just run white maps until you reached a citadel. I played from Beta, and this is not the game I once liked anymore. The design choice here is quite simple: they want to make investing in maps suboptimal to do, since the only true profit generator is now Sirus/Conquerors, and that's to make game easier for new players. It's outrageous how GGG is fixing any kind of bug but not the most important ones. Reddit is begging all days about more QoL on the map stash tabs and they just don't care, even that being top priority imo. So I'm getting a break, I will start to play again if I see changes to how GGG deals with hotfixes and expansion releases. Cheers

I agree with some of this except the 'make it easier for new players'

this is such an over convoluted system that no way is it easy for new players. I have also played since open beta and I despise this new map system.

Horizon orbs aren't even that huge of an issue. Dramatize it more, maybe they'll make it priority over crash bugs and shit disappearing.
SSF, because Path of Trade RMTers and bots suck.
"
jewelsy2 wrote:
It didn't restore any maps from tiers 1-6, 9, 11, 14-15. And the maps that have been restored are like 1/5th of what I've lost (with an exception of Guardian maps, they seems to be back in full afair)

It's kinda funny that you were able to restore more Guardian maps than any other maps.

The map tiers that are empty in the "Restored Maps" tab are the ones that *should* have converted successfully for your account. That is, those maps should still exist in your original map tab, albeit converted to the current series.

The restored maps are those that overflowed the capacity of your map stash during conversion. The end result is that you should now have the same number of maps at each tier as before the failed conversion.

We also restored all guardian maps, as the originals were converted to other random tier 16 maps (which you get to keep as well).

I hope this clears up what you're seeing.
"
Thomas wrote:

The map tiers that are empty in the "Restored Maps" tab are the ones that *should* have converted successfully for your account. That is, those maps should still exist in your original map tab, albeit converted to the current series.

The restored maps are those that overflowed the capacity of your map stash during conversion. The end result is that you should now have the same number of maps at each tier as before the failed conversion.

We also restored all guardian maps, as the originals were converted to other random tier 16 maps (which you get to keep as well).

I hope this clears up what you're seeing.

TY!
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info