Arctic Armour

"
NagiSoi wrote:
"
rephikul wrote:
"
Cimos21 wrote:
-6 damage is like a Crown of Thorns gem....and we know how well those Crown of Thorns sell....
-6 damage is something like 90-120 armour. I dont think I even have 90-120 armour from ALL of my gears at lvl 10 against Brutus.

Really, that much armor?
1 damage is negated for roughly every 20-15 armour against mobs around your level depending on the servery of the hit. -41 damage is a whooping 615-820 armour. Lvl 13 molten shield gives around that much, cost 60 mp to activate and melt in 2 seconds. So this skill is pretty decent if you can keep it up. Doesnt work with blood magic so it's worthless for actually melee classes, though.
Please pardon my bad english
Last edited by rephikul on Mar 19, 2013, 11:00:56 PM
"
I don't understand the intended usage of this skill.

I think he just said it:

"It does mean Arctic Armour is really good against lots of small hits of fire or physical damage. Flamethrower style enemies are a strong point of the skill."

This skill is another nerf to voidbearers, except instead of a nerf it is a buff to the defenses against voidbearers. I am sure there are countless other skills this will be useful for, but only situationally (walk into a room with 100 archers all firing at you at the same time). I am starting to see this as an "OH SHI@#" skill for when you get bombarded with fire or physical dmg attacks.
IGN: Cimos_Baller
I have a question for you mark. Or any dev.

Will the damage reduced by Arctic Armour count towards the amount required to explode for Molten Shell?
"
Cimos21 wrote:
"
I don't understand the intended usage of this skill.

I think he just said it:

"It does mean Arctic Armour is really good against lots of small hits of fire or physical damage. Flamethrower style enemies are a strong point of the skill."

This skill is another nerf to voidbearers, except instead of a nerf it is a buff to the defenses against voidbearers. I am sure there are countless other skills this will be useful for, but only situationally (walk into a room with 100 archers all firing at you at the same time). I am starting to see this as an "OH SHI@#" skill for when you get bombarded with fire or physical dmg attacks.

Sadly, no. Physical archers will still rape you, regardless of them shooting you at the same time or not.

Voidbearers are actually *the only* enemy I can think of, against which this skill is really useful and worth its cost.
IGN: Neonesis / Violetlight / Sirencurse /... I have too many alts...
I like to hang out in Global sometimes.
"
Lionguild wrote:
I have a question for you mark. Or any dev.

Will the damage reduced by Arctic Armour count towards the amount required to explode for Molten Shell?

No, because Molten Shell absorbs the damage BEFORE Arctic Armour applies its flat damage reduction.
IGN: Neonesis / Violetlight / Sirencurse /... I have too many alts...
I like to hang out in Global sometimes.
List of support gems that work with this?
IGN: ragol
Eldritch Battery + Ethereal Knives skill... helps against reflect since ek is physical and almost always has added fire damage.
"
Pioneer2 wrote:
List of support gems that work with this?

increased duration

End of list

Really big let down.

They need to make a deffensive skill that works like point blank, and the closer you are the the source of the damage the less damage you take.
You guys forgot to take into account the ground ice with both reduce run speed and attack speed. This is a pretty good GTFO skill. I cant log in now but if the ground ice area is big, it's an excellent tanking skill too.
Please pardon my bad english
"
rephikul wrote:
You guys forgot to take into account the ground ice with both reduce run speed and attack speed. This is a pretty good GTFO skill. I cant log in now but if the ground ice area is big, it's an excellent tanking skill too.

If that's the case, it will probably be another one of those skills mele leaves at level 1 because they can't keep up with the mana cost of leveling the gem.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info