Arctic Armour

"
topeight wrote:
Worthless gem. What kind of melee character isnt BM. Yet another tool for ranged and nothing for melee. =( When is that melee buff coming.

Ever heard of CI melee shadow? Why do you think this skill is Dex/Int? I cant wait to try it out...although I hope it scales well...-6 damage is like a Crown of Thorns gem....and we know how well those Crown of Thorns sell....
IGN: Cimos_Baller
"
NagiSoi wrote:
It should work really good with righteous fire i think.

Id be interested to know if it even works with righteous fire. Because it says when hit and Righteous fire doesn't technically hit you. You just burn. So yeah...
After some discussion with Neonspyder and retrospectively thinking about it, it actually was a good idea to make it mana-specific. Consider the fact that Blood Magic users gain access to ungodly amounts of regen coupled with the scaling damage reduction would make AA almost mandatory to take.

It also scales REALLY REALLY well for multiple smaller hits. Imagine tentacle titty monsters having all of their shots (which are half physical, half fire) reduced by x amount.

But I was told that this wasn't really taken into consideration.
Last edited by Lyralei on Mar 19, 2013, 10:34:58 PM
"
Cimos21 wrote:
-6 damage is like a Crown of Thorns gem....and we know how well those Crown of Thorns sell....
-6 damage is something like 90-120 armour. I dont think I even have 90-120 armour from ALL of my gears at lvl 10 against Brutus.
Please pardon my bad english
"
rephikul wrote:
"
Cimos21 wrote:
-6 damage is like a Crown of Thorns gem....and we know how well those Crown of Thorns sell....
-6 damage is something like 90-120 armour. I dont think I even have 90-120 armour from ALL of my gears at lvl 10 against Brutus.

Really, that much armor? -41 at lvl 9 so thats (41/6)*100=that is about 684armor and if you have inner force thats extra -12 that is extra lets say 200 so with inner force at lvl 9 skill gem that is about 900armor seems nice but the mana usage is huge, or i am missing something?
"
Cimos21 wrote:
"
topeight wrote:
Worthless gem. What kind of melee character isnt BM. Yet another tool for ranged and nothing for melee. =( When is that melee buff coming.

Ever heard of CI melee shadow? Why do you think this skill is Dex/Int? I cant wait to try it out...although I hope it scales well...-6 damage is like a Crown of Thorns gem....and we know how well those Crown of Thorns sell....

There's no way you can support that gem as a CI character. Only way to support the mana cost is Eldritch Battery.
Base duration 1 second? How does it scale at higher levels? If I have to recast every two steps, that will be so annoying...

Also, mana drain is too damn high D:
* Cheers from Argentina, the land of ping and packet loss *

#HYPEGATE

GMT -3
kinda dissapointing this skill cant be used with BM another defensive skill but not for melee
"
peroquenariz wrote:
Base duration 1 second? How does it scale at higher levels? If I have to recast every two steps, that will be so annoying...

Also, mana drain is too damn high D:

That would be the duration of the Ice on the ground, not the buff. The buff lasts until you deactivate it, or until you run out of mana. I've found that this is the kind of skill that is most efficient when toggled as required, rather than being left on as a constant buff. Experimentation from you guys may prove otherwise!
Balance & Design
not working with righteuousfire ((((
IGN _morty_

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info