[3.9] Bane/Blight Indigon Pop Occultist - Very fast, amazing sustain, beginner friendly

"
thedeathbeam wrote:

Its always nice to see people with good taste in music :d

Oh btw, I noticed that you are using Arakaali Fang in your DO setup, that is definitely very interesting. How is it working out for you?

I've been an ACDC fan since 1980. First concert I saw was Scorpions, Love at First Sting. The crowd was bouncing a giant inflated ball around in the Cleveland Coliseum. Someone spiked the ball into the guitarist's face by accident(?) during a solo and almost knocked him off stage.

Anyway, I'm obsessed with Arakaali Fang/spiders and tried them in a variety of builds with moderate success. I hate the desecrate/worms method of generation so I've actually been looking for a build that can kill on its own. TBH I have not even looked to see how much of a boost (if any) the spiders are getting from your Death's Oath tree. Thematically it's reasonably inline with your build here too, always a plus.

I have not finished putting the build together, so it's hard for me to say how well it will work out but so far it's ok and its fun. I just swapped in Saffell's Frame (reduced righteous fire degen) and updated the gems on the fang to Minion damage-Withering touch-Melee splash. Not sure when you looked at the character, so I am not sure if you saw those. I ran like 2 mob lvl8x depths and clearing damage is not at all bad but not quite awesome - but my gems are underleveled. Kind of squishy and sometimes the regen kind of stalls. I have not figured out a satisfactory keybinding so I'm kind of flailing at times. :)

I ended up respecing my necro, so I'm level 92. I have a bit of currency so I should be able to pick up the transcendent spirit and get the anointment. Since your Death's Oath tree is level 100 what would you drop from that if you were me? And/or if you have any suggestions to try out with the spiders. I'm kind of hesitating on the anointment since I am not sure if that will be best for this variation.
Last edited by redmalloc on Feb 11, 2020, 1:26:27 PM
"
redmalloc wrote:
"
thedeathbeam wrote:

Its always nice to see people with good taste in music :d

Oh btw, I noticed that you are using Arakaali Fang in your DO setup, that is definitely very interesting. How is it working out for you?

I've been an ACDC fan since 1980. First concert I saw was Scorpions, Love at First Sting. The crowd was bouncing a giant inflated ball around in the Cleveland Coliseum. Someone spiked the ball into the guitarist's face by accident(?) during a solo and almost knocked him off stage.

Anyway, I'm obsessed with Arakaali Fang/spiders and tried them in a variety of builds with moderate success. I hate the desecrate/worms method of generation so I've actually been looking for a build that can kill on its own. TBH I have not even looked to see how much of a boost (if any) the spiders are getting from your Death's Oath tree. Thematically it's reasonably inline with your build here too, always a plus.

I have not finished putting the build together, so it's hard for me to say how well it will work out but so far it's ok and its fun. I just swapped in Saffell's Frame (reduced righteous fire degen) and updated the gems on the fang to Minion damage-Withering touch-Melee splash. Not sure when you looked at the character, so I am not sure if you saw those. I ran like 2 mob lvl8x depths and clearing damage is not at all bad but not quite awesome - but my gems are underleveled. Kind of squishy and sometimes the regen kind of stalls. I have not figured out a satisfactory keybinding so I'm kind of flailing at times. :)

I ended up respecing my necro, so I'm level 92. I have a bit of currency so I should be able to pick up the transcendent spirit and get the anointment. Since your Death's Oath tree is level 100 what would you drop from that if you were me? And/or if you have any suggestions to try out with the spiders. I'm kind of hesitating on the anointment since I am not sure if that will be best for this variation.

Lmao, that is amazing. I sadly never went to AC/DC one because they did not really had tours near my country and I don't really travel much.

Spiders are getting some damage from the chaos debuffs mostly, I checked your char and I think they were doing like 300k dps in your setup, what is, well, solid I guess :d Saffels is interesting choice, I guess that makes you a bit tankier.

For tree at level 92, I would probably go for something like this: https://pastebin.com/q5BeiQRs. Because of fang you can drop the poison nodes that were for PB as you get 15% global poison chance from fang. And even with DO and spiders, imo arcane is still best annoint for survivability. But for damage Sovereignty would be huge for DO. But just for DO, do not really affects blight and PB. Corruption is close to Sov damage boost so that is good pick too.

Also getting lvl 21 PB is pretty huge for clear speed so i would recommend just buying that one asap. And for DO, just go for woke gems straight away, they are cheap at lvl 1 and they are huge (mainly stuff like swift affliction with quality).
My builds:
Scourge Arrow Poison Prolif Pathfinder - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2551841
My site:
https://mapsofexile.com/
I really appreciate your help. I'll give it a go and let you know how it works out. Spiders are super fun, especially in narrow maps and delve. They become a stream of invulnerable lemmings of death.

Oh yeah, if you have a different idea than Saffels let me know. Like I said I figured it might help with the regen a bit but I can't say I put much thought into it.
Last edited by redmalloc on Feb 11, 2020, 6:53:23 PM
"
redmalloc wrote:
I really appreciate your help. I'll give it a go and let you know how it works out. Spiders are super fun, especially in narrow maps and delve. They become a stream of invulnerable lemmings of death.

Oh yeah, if you have a different idea than Saffels let me know. Like I said I figured it might help with the regen a bit but I can't say I put much thought into it.

Well, when using shield you can go for cheesy +lvl setup for plague bearer that would give you lvl 30 one with +2 vix lunaris with +1 corruption, that could be fun.
My builds:
Scourge Arrow Poison Prolif Pathfinder - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2551841
My site:
Ok stupid question. How am I incubating poison damage for plague bearer?

Death aura does not hit, RF does not hit, I don't think the spider's damage counts.

I mean it sort of works and PB works but the incubating seems very inconsistent. Sometimes it works and other times it does not.
"
redmalloc wrote:

Death aura does not hit, RF does not hit, I don't think the spider's damage counts.

I mean it sort of works and PB works but the incubating seems very inconsistent. Sometimes it works and other times it does not.

Its stacked purely from explosions like profane bloom and asenath
My builds:
My site:
"
thedeathbeam wrote:
"
redmalloc wrote:

Its stacked purely from explosions like profane bloom and asenath

Ah, ok right. Thanks.
Hello,

Thank you for the guide. I have been looking for a chaos DOT build using bane that has good single target damage. Your build is exactly what I was looking for. I’m planning on league staring it for 3.10 and focusing just on this character.

I have a couple questions:

1) Do you think the change to the enduring modifier will hurt the build much?

2) I’m on console and mobile using an online POB and cannot see the bandit choice, what would you recommend?

Thanks much appreciated!
Last edited by Drouse2 on Mar 13, 2020, 2:26:34 PM
Sorry if this already got answered somewhere, but can i make this build viable without the gloves? I am in SSF so i am very restricted and i would love to try the build but dont have access to the gloves (yet)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info