LL Pyro Mines Max Block/Spell Block with ES on Block -13.2 Mil DPS- Destroy anything in your path!

This is my first build posting on the forums. This most likely will not be a full build guide since there are several out there of different variations that cover similar builds, however mine is here to point out the Block and ES When Block version, also to have a reference to send people when they ask questions about the build.

CAUTION: MAY REQUIRE SUNGLASSES TO PLAY THIS BUILD
Spoiler

Pros and Cons:

Spoiler

Pros:
-Insane DPS and Single Target / Kill everything with ease
-Medium speed Map clear, not just a boss killer
-More on killing, Metamorphs/T16/Sirus/Uber Elder all dead or phased with one mine detonate
-Can run literally any map, on reflect maps just unsocket Purifying Flame and Wave of Conviction

Cons:
-Medium speed map clear / Not a race car
-Legion mechanic is lacking because its not ED Contagion
-Lower end of headhunter viability, just feels .... meh
-Not for people with Epilepsy
-Everyone will ask you to come kill things for them when their meme builds fail

Videos
Spoiler

T16 Minotaur Map 3.9 ----> https://youtu.be/26rF9oJsIfo
Full Shaper Kill 3.9 ----> https://youtu.be/xn_b4M2eh50
Regular Elder 3.9 ----> https://youtu.be/sGCOIBZvcXU
Uber Elder 3.9 ----> https://youtu.be/_myxLEysKUo
Sirus Deathless 3.9 ----> https://youtu.be/GAQLXyw0tA0

Damage Numbers and Defenses
Spoiler

With Auras

With Auras and Flasks

Defenses with Flasks

PoB Link
Spoiler

Please note I have a Lethal Pride in the socket by CI, which doubles your block chance and does not actually give me CI. That is how you reach block cap and spell block cap with this build. I have deselected CI and put the point in the curse duration point next to it as a place holder, however when actually playing the build USE THE CI NODE WITH LETHAL PRIDE!!! VERY IMPORTANT
https://pastebin.com/HiDeJU88

Lethal Pride and how to cap your Block/Spell Block PLEASE READ

Spoiler

Timeless Jewels are a bit of an oddity in this game. They do not show up, nor do the changes they make to your tree, in PoB. In addition to changing the Keystone properties, Lethal Pride has an additive property, which means it can add nice little bonuses to your nodes. It should also be noted that you can get +20% fire resistance on a node so focus on capping cold and lightning first and if you run out of room / cannot afford all the gear to cap your fire res look for it in your nodes here. (I spent 10ex buying a belt to cap my Fire resistance so I could use my new 30% MS 216 ES boots, then I rolled my jewel and to my surprise I had a 20% Fire Res node. Don't be like me.)

Where do I place my new found jewel?
Spoiler

This is where the jewel changes your CI node

Kiloava - *Required*
Spoiler
This is the only thing required of your Jewel. You can divine these jewels and it will change the name of the General, and the number associated with them. Kiloava will then change your Keystones to this:

So, I have Kiloava.... Now what???
Spoiler

Now you go through and look at your other nodes while the jewel is socketed, and with some luck they will be things that benefit you. Unfortunately this is a Melee focused jewel so you will likely get many things that do not help the build. However, the small passive skills will all have between +2 to +4 extra STR. In total I had +56 strength, not including the Physique node I am using. This is huge and means you do not need to have any strength on your gear!

My Lethal Pride Additions

Spoiler

I ended up getting a few good nodes along with a few dead nodes after around 10 ex worth of divining. It's all luck unless you want to scour the forums for jewels and hope you do not get scammed.

Skill Gems and Links
Spoiler

Chest:
Pyroclast Mine
Conc Effect
Combustion
Minefield

Trap and Mine Damage
Inspiration

My Gear / Gear Breakdown

*Note when buying your rare pieces you will need ~23 DEX on some piece of gear or the tree. I chose to just take the Alacrity node for now instead. YOU DO NOT NEED ANY STR! (See Lethal Pride Section)*

Spoiler

Helm:

Priorities on helm: Enchant of +2 Proj > -9 Fire Res to Enemies > High ES > Any resists you can aquire, possibly STR or DEX depending on your requirements

Body Armor:

Shavronne's is a MUST for LL. Focus on high ES, then move to a +2 or +4 Shav's if you can afford it. Going from "regular" 6-Link to a +4 was a 42% sheet damage increase for me on PoB, however it did not struggle with damage before that by any means.

Weapon:
There are SOOOO many options here and these you can find relatively cheap as well. +1 to gems is very big, I also prefer to have a "Trigger" crafted on it for my WoC and PF. I used PoB Item-Tester to generate my highest DPS boost after my tree was set and gear was ready.

Shield:

A few things are a MUST HAVE for survivability:

Chance to Block Spell Damage - you can get this from other sources as well, but I prefer to get the 12% from my shield so I can use points in the tree more efficiently.

ES when you Block - HUGE for defense. Must have

The higher the ES the better pretty much goes without saying here. Another notable I have debated losing some ES for was +1 to fire spell skill gems as it is another significant DPS boost.

First Ring (Mandatory IMO):

Astral Projector is another must in my opinion. Since Pyroclast Mines has the "Nova" tag, and with the way the mines act, when you have the ring on the mines target an enemy then teleport to its feet and begin their damage there.
This is nuts for clear speed / mobile enemies as you can just keep throwing mines while you dodge attacks and they find their home. (Not like you will need long, but the principal is there)

Secondary ring:

I used an Incursion ring with +Flat ES, +% ES and as many resists as I could find.

Gloves:

I chose to go heavy on DPS here because I had bought a great ring / high resists. The Spell Crit corruption is optional, but very nice. If you cannot afford these/a high res ring, then just find some high ES/Res Sorc or Fingersless gloves.

Belt:

High ES and %ES (Crusader's Influence) were my priorities here, along with any resists I could get as well.

Boots:

This is my last piece to upgrade still. Movement speed is a must, ES and any resistances you still need

Flasks:

Rumi's gets you to capped Block/Spell Block (75%) and is vital for your survivability

Bottled Faith is another very big DPS increase for this build, try to buy a cheap one and divine the crit as high as you can or just buy a perfect one if you are rich

The remaining flasks can be whatever you like, I prefer an Enduring Mana of heat, so I never run out of mana and never get frozen. Quicksilver of adrenaline and diamond flask for crit build. I may switch from quicksilver to Dying Sun on UE and Sirus for even more DPS??? Do not need it whatsoever but more damage is fun right?

Shoutout to the guy that helped theory craft with me on this build. Matin, The resident potato
Last edited by CSBro on Jan 16, 2020, 1:34:11 AM
Last bumped on Jul 20, 2020, 1:05:27 PM
Can you give your POB ?
"
Ghardahan wrote:
Can you give your POB ?

Done
Do you have any game play vids?
"
careface89 wrote:
Do you have any game play vids?

Loading some now, will do Sirus tomorrow probably.
Conceptually, I think this may be one of the better mine builds since it does have a defensive mechanic other than a high ES value and no damage mitigation. Having some form of Block and Spell block with the high ES on a LL Shavs seems like a better alternative to others.

Many people complain about miners currently having little to no mitigation and have to rely on high eHP to survive, but isn't always the case even if they're running with say 7k+ life or ES.
"
reciprocate wrote:
Conceptually, I think this may be one of the better mine builds since it does have a defensive mechanic other than a high ES value and no damage mitigation. Having some form of Block and Spell block with the high ES on a LL Shavs seems like a better alternative to others.

Many people complain about miners currently having little to no mitigation and have to rely on high eHP to survive, but isn't always the case even if they're running with say 7k+ life or ES.

Thank you very much for saying so!
Never really played a mine build. Put this one together today to see how it goes.

I can't afford the clarity jewel or bottled faith right now though.
Also, the stats on your shield are very expensive. I tried to craft one, but ended up just buying a lower block value one. I only get up to 74% spell block with flasks running.

Thanks!
"
stratx wrote:
Never really played a mine build. Put this one together today to see how it goes.

I can't afford the clarity jewel or bottled faith right now though.
Also, the stats on your shield are very expensive. I tried to craft one, but ended up just buying a lower block value one. I only get up to 74% spell block with flasks running.

Thanks!

The gear looks like a great start, should be able to do everything. Try using the last node in "Arcane Guarding" wheel on the tree to get to 75% spell block for now and when you can afford the higher tier just respec the point.
Im currently using the same setup, but with BL. Just wanna say that for gloves, nothing beats Machina Mitts IMO. Since everything got oneshotted with minimal investment anyway, the leech is just way too good for defense.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info