[3.14] Kami's Life | LL | CI CoC Ice Nova Assassin | all Content | deep Delve | max Block

just switched to this from spectre build(following juju's build), and i have to say mapping is good, very fast clearing, however, im struggling at bosses. Normal t16 bosses are fine, but those shaper, shaper gurdians, elders one shot me no matter what i do. Boss dps is a bit low too so I am just wondering what can i improve from now, besides get higher level.

Also, i somehow can not fit in all auras that juju have, hatred, discipline, herald of ice and precision, always there is one left out. And help would be appreciated!
"
RNE0916 wrote:
just switched to this from spectre build(following juju's build), and i have to say mapping is good, very fast clearing, however, im struggling at bosses. Normal t16 bosses are fine, but those shaper, shaper gurdians, elders one shot me no matter what i do. Boss dps is a bit low too so I am just wondering what can i improve from now, besides get higher level.

Also, i somehow can not fit in all auras that juju have, hatred, discipline, herald of ice and precision, always there is one left out. And help would be appreciated!

I@m no expert, but right off, I see that you need the reservation reduction on the shield and reservation reduction for herald or other skill on your helmet, and enlighten lv4. This might help you.
Last edited by phoenixone on Oct 28, 2020, 3:56:15 PM
@RNE: I don't run the same setup (and I have mana reservation shield), but Juju has extra attributes and mana on 2-3 pieces of gear. That is probably enough to push his mana pool high enough to run precision.

If my math is correct: with enlighten 4 and the mana reservation wheel, you are looking at 83% mana reservation from hatred + herald + discipline. Which would mean you need 168 mana free after all that to run a lvl 21 precision. Basically you need about 1000 flat mana

https://poe.mikelat.com/#qdm=_m/tNrp.8c/mkFo6rC.

always have this bookmarked!

Regarding survivability: Juju has WAY more ES than you do! Running HH in this build is great for mapping but terrible for bossing. Running dual circles also hits you with no assassin's mark and less ES. You probably have almost 1k if not 2k less ES than Juju does.
Last edited by jsuslak313 on Oct 28, 2020, 4:48:06 PM
If you want an easy HUGE boss dps increase, drop tranquility and anoint whispers. Grab an assassin's mark ring with added cold damage to spells (maybe spell damage too). That will probably increase your single target dps output a good 20-25%

Also drop HH for big bosses in favor of a crystal belt with damage mods and you can push it even further while also having more survivability
Last edited by jsuslak313 on Oct 28, 2020, 4:52:35 PM
"
phoenixone wrote:
"
RNE0916 wrote:

I@m no expert, but right off, I see that you need the reservation reduction on the shield and reservation reduction for herald or other skill on your helmet, and enlighten lv4. This might help you.

i have lv4 enlighen linked to hatred, discipline and herald of ice too, also i notice a lot of people dont run mana reseved mod on all their items, only the sovereignty node, but they wuold fit in all auras. I just cant figure out why i can't. So maybe im just too low level?
nah RNE, read my post!

Load up Juju's PoB and you see he has 1300 mana. With all auras running, 5% unreserved. You need at least 1000 to run all 4 with basically zero mana remaining

Nothing to do with your level, except perhaps missing Intelligence nodes that would boost your mana a little.

Easy way to figure out how much mana you need to ADD to get to the required amount for running precision 21 and still have enough for any skills: the 83% reserved from your % auras will always be 83% no matter what. Which means any 1 mana you add really gives you .17 usable mana. So for example, if you are 40 mana short of running precision and having enough for skills, you need to add 40 / .17 = 235 flat mana either through gear or more intelligence and gear.
Last edited by jsuslak313 on Oct 28, 2020, 5:35:11 PM
"
jsuslak313 wrote:
If you want an easy HUGE boss dps increase, drop tranquility and anoint whispers. Grab an assassin's mark ring with added cold damage to spells (maybe spell damage too). That will probably increase your single target dps output a good 20-25%

Also drop HH for big bosses in favor of a crystal belt with damage mods and you can push it even further while also having more survivability

i have a crystal belt, it adds maybe 1k ES to my current 4k. But still, even with crystal belt, i was one shotted by minotuar last night lol. I was just fooling around HH, never a big fan of it tbh. I will buy a assassin mark ring to give it a try tonight.
well to not get fucked by big hits you either need well over 7k ES, or you need to pray you block. No physical reduction for us means that any attack from a boss we don't block, dodge, or isnt mostly elemental, we will die from.

Luckily the vast majority of heavy physical attacks from bosses are easily dodged

For minotaur with such a low ES pool, you just gotta be ready to stop attacking and juke his charge
Last edited by jsuslak313 on Oct 28, 2020, 5:40:02 PM
"
jsuslak313 wrote:
well to not get fucked by big hits you either need well over 7k ES, or you need to pray you block. No physical reduction for us means that any attack from a boss we don't block, dodge, or isnt mostly elemental, we will die from.

Luckily the vast majority of heavy physical attacks from bosses are easily dodged

For minotaur with such a low ES pool, you just gotta be ready to stop attacking and juke his charge

i think i ran through juju's setup multiple times, couldnt find any mana reserved node/mods on gears. Do you think you can point them out to me?
you already have them, the sovereignty wheel.

He has no mana reserve mods on gear, he has +flat mana on gear and +intelligence which equals more flat mana. Again, if you don't have 1000+ flat mana then you can't run all 4 auras
Last edited by jsuslak313 on Oct 28, 2020, 5:54:50 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info