What We're Working On - Metamorph Week Four

"
Fischguts wrote:
"
NightLander1 wrote:
Typing to this chat without 30+ challenges, yikes!


I bet you're fun at parties but yea would totally have more challenges if the game was playable for me.


Please fix the Windows 7 memory leak.


Support from Microsoft for windows 7 ends January 16th. You should expect the same from other developers.

It was free to upgrade to windows 10.(still is)

It takes less than an hour to use the windows media creation tool to upgrade to windows 10.
Arent metamorphs going to.ever freeze again? Omfg.
"
60x7 wrote:
GGG could easily fix this problem by either 1). Giving themselves more time between leagues for quality control or 2). Stop spreading themselves so thin by working on to many expansions at once. But since they probably won't do either of these, people should probably get used to the fact that new content is going to be buggy as fuck when it's first released.

it's ironic you say such thing but you have such huge invesment into this game money wise.[/quote]

Might just be the fact that I am already used to content being buggy... since its been this way for years. Obviously it doesn't bother me.[/quote]

cool story.. but us others dont care for buggy ass shit we donated money to[/quote]

You can keep pouring money into GGG sure, but maybe you should pour more money into your gaming rig instead. 3800X and 2070 Super here and I can run games 0 crash in parties with 3+ CoC users. This game may be old in terms of the gaming world, but this game does take a fair but of not a garbage computer. I have been happily playing this game since 2011, almost 10 years into it. This game has been out for more than 9 years, so sorry a game has adapted to the technology around it rather than trying to work well on your ancient and archaic system
I am the world's best path of exile player, I strong I kill all monster with amazing power
GGG Finally! Thank you vm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"
AdamSanders wrote:
Support from Microsoft for windows 7 ends January 16th. You should expect the same from other developers.

Ah, yes, the good 'ol "Oh, well MSFT wants everyone to swap to their newer, bloated, spyware-laden system, so that's good enough reason to demand everyone else punish anyone who doesn't follow what MSFT wants like good little robots."
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
its still fkng lagging and crashing. wht the fak you are doing ? fix the game already.
"
ACGIFT wrote:
"
AdamSanders wrote:
Support from Microsoft for windows 7 ends January 16th. You should expect the same from other developers.

Ah, yes, the good 'ol "Oh, well MSFT wants everyone to swap to their newer, bloated, spyware-laden system, so that's good enough reason to demand everyone else punish anyone who doesn't follow what MSFT wants like good little robots."

While I share your general feelings about Microsoft's new business model, you can't really expect developers to put time into ensuring compatibility with a deprecated OS. Every OS they support eats development time, *I* certainly wouldn't waste my time supporting an OS that has been deprecated by the maker of that OS.

Also you can opt out of the "spyware" at install time.

If your computer is a potato, you can also disable visual effects to get a more windows-7-ish interface.

There are other things you can't really get around as easily (I hate the new control panel, for example), but having a modern OS is worth the trade-off.
"
FIX AWAKENER FIGHT.

I'm at 6 awakener kills now, haven't noticed any major bugs with it. I know 6 isn't a ton, but if it is bugged it must be fairly rare.
"
ACGIFT wrote:
"
AdamSanders wrote:
Support from Microsoft for windows 7 ends January 16th. You should expect the same from other developers.

Ah, yes, the good 'ol "Oh, well MSFT wants everyone to swap to their newer, bloated, spyware-laden system, so that's good enough reason to demand everyone else punish anyone who doesn't follow what MSFT wants like good little robots."

Ahh the good o' Windows 10 is spyware parroting
"
While I share your general feelings about Microsoft's new business model, you can't really expect developers to put time into ensuring compatibility with a deprecated OS. Every OS they support eats development time, *I* certainly wouldn't waste my time supporting an OS that has been deprecated by the maker of that OS.

What I actually expect is that a developer to, y'know, work to ensure that their product works for all major segments of their audience. It's very tempting and convenient for devs to just say "yeah, just buy a hardware upgrade to run our ancient stuff," (this has been the mantra for all the poorly-made console-to-PC ports, for instance) it's still not being good to your customers.

GGG, like other developers, should not give any care at all what Microsoft calls "deprecated;" Microsoft is not their customer. They should focus on what their players are using. And as of back in August, Win7 had about 60% as many users as Win 10. (https://venturebeat.com/2019/09/01/net-applications-windows-10-windows-7-market-share/ - Win10's growth has substantially tapered off once the "free upgrade" offer expired years ago)

Simply put, GGG should not be caring about what Microsoft says. They should be caring that the game has severe technical issues for 30% of all users. (really, more than 30% because we'd have to exclude the almost-10% of MacOS users)

"
Also you can opt out of the "spyware" at install time.

Only some of it. "Basic" telemetry is mandatory and inescapable.

"
having a modern OS is worth the trade-off.

...It doesn't offer anything actually functionally "new" over 7. It's an exemplar of Microsoft's current strategy of "just change things to make them different as an excuse to sell it."
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info