[3.13] SIEGE BALLISTA HIEROPHANT Build > Iron Commander & 15 Ballistas! CHEAP LEAGUE STARTER!

Yo Guys, so i did some math based on my final build in Harvest:

go check out my setup on my char "MopsenderMoritz". This Guide was a baseline and i did some changes overall.

So here are the numbers for 3.13 compared to 3.12:

3.12:
2,272,700 mil (15 Ballistas = 34 mil shaper)

3.13:
w/ multiple totem support: 1,583,590 mil (18 Ballistas = 28,5 mil shaper)
w/ inspiration: 2,629,850 mil (16 Ballistas = 42,1 mil shaper)

As you can see, pretty substantial nerf if we want that qol of placing 2 at a time BUT a very nice single target damage buff if we dont use multiple totems.

We just have to wait how "clunky" it is to play without MTS and if its an option in general.

Regarding Siege Ballista lvl 22:

Good luck crafting a rare ammy that beats Astramentis^^ This has to be mirrortier to be able to replace Astramentis. Sure u could get 1 more ballista but u WILL loose dex if its not mirrortier...so yeah.
Way easier would be a +1 corrupt bodyarmor, just a hint :)
"

Good luck crafting a rare ammy that beats Astramentis^^ This has to be mirrortier to be able to replace Astramentis. Sure u could get 1 more ballista but u WILL loose dex if its not mirrortier...so yeah.

It is even more than just that. The 140 Str and Int(Astramentis) combined with Hyrri's Demise gives alot damage, which you dont get with the +1 skill amulet.

"

go check out my setup on my char "MopsenderMoritz". This Guide was a baseline and i did some changes overall.

3.12:

3.13:

As you can see, pretty substantial nerf if we want that qol of placing 2 at a time BUT a very nice single target damage buff if we dont use multiple totems.

We just have to wait how "clunky" it is to play without MTS and if its an option in general.

League starting with this build feels really rough though. Tested some runs today and it's just got no damage until way later investment. Of course you can go the HFT / FP but you need to either have the gear to support this (aka. Soul Mantle for FP) or deviate from the tree to heavily support HFT and therefore would need a large amount of regrets to spec back into Siege Ballista.

Build is really great outside of league start though and I can see swapping between Multi totem and Inspiration as you mentioned depending on bosses, etc.
"
illuminate89 wrote:
"

3.12:

3.13:

League starting with this build feels really rough though. Tested some runs today and it's just got no damage until way later investment. Of course you can go the HFT / FP but you need to either have the gear to support this (aka. Soul Mantle for FP) or deviate from the tree to heavily support HFT and therefore would need a large amount of regrets to spec back into Siege Ballista.

Build is really great outside of league start though and I can see swapping between Multi totem and Inspiration as you mentioned depending on bosses, etc.

yes you are totally right, leveling siege ballista sadly is a pain. i plan to just start with freezing pulse totems and a dedicated tree and play this until i can afford iron commander + rain of splinters + 2 fluid motions + round about 50 regrets. And yes i think this swap will happen in early maps, swapping mid-leveling is a fking pain without some base items^^
ok so 6l need have white socket and will switch cold pene with MTS at maps/boss
but problem will cast 16x1 totem with 250+- mana XD
"
"
illuminate89 wrote:
"

3.12:

3.13:

yes you are totally right, leveling siege ballista sadly is a pain. i plan to just start with freezing pulse totems and a dedicated tree and play this until i can afford iron commander + rain of splinters + 2 fluid motions + round about 50 regrets. And yes i think this swap will happen in early maps, swapping mid-leveling is a fking pain without some base items^^

i only had problems till Rain of Splinters, after that it was a smooth sailing tbh. Before that it was quite painful
https://www.twitch.tv/angry_roleplayer
All builds: http://www.angryroleplayer.com/path-of-exile-builds/
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2143469
Yeah, I played this build 3.10 and the first 3-4 hours I was near-useless. Helps to level this build with a friend or in a group who can carry you at the beginning.
"
"

i only had problems till Rain of Splinters, after that it was a smooth sailing tbh. Before that it was quite painful

You are definitely the expert (and the guide author) so not to disagree with you here haha but if you played this build prior to the buffed bosses, etc that happened in 3.10? (I think) then I would be in agreement. However, with the buffed boss hp throughout the acts/mapping the single target is just horrible even with rain of splinters. Act/Map clear however was still decent.

I honestly think the build is great but you need that "base" level of dex/gear before it can shine and it may be rough until then.

@Qbaker, I agree with levelling with FP/HFT though and then just saving the regrets etc to swap into.
"
illuminate89 wrote:
"
"

You are definitely the expert (and the guide author) so not to disagree with you here haha but if you played this build prior to the buffed bosses, etc that happened in 3.10? (I think) then I would be in agreement. However, with the buffed boss hp throughout the acts/mapping the single target is just horrible even with rain of splinters. Act/Map clear however was still decent.

I honestly think the build is great but you need that "base" level of dex/gear before it can shine and it may be rough until then.

@Qbaker, I agree with levelling with FP/HFT though and then just saving the regrets etc to swap into.

I did this build in metamorph league, after all boss buffs. IT was awesome for bosses and i exploded most juiced up metamorphs in the second phase as well
https://www.twitch.tv/angry_roleplayer
All builds: http://www.angryroleplayer.com/path-of-exile-builds/
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2143469

The thing is, rain of splinters doesnt do anything for boss damage, it just lowers the damageoutput since the extra projectiles cant hit single targets anyways. rain of splinters is just for clearing purposes.

I played Siege Ballista every league since metamorph and put massive time in it to push it to the limits every time. Id say mid-league you can swap to SB early because we have access to leveling gear. But leaguestarting with early SB is a pain (testet it several times and it wasnt fun at all :D)

I just go the save way and save up curreny for basic buildenabling items till i switch (Freezing pulse totems are fun too and are strong anyways -> First Snow x2 Act 5 :)))))

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info