[3.13] SIEGE BALLISTA HIEROPHANT Build > Iron Commander & 15 Ballistas! CHEAP LEAGUE STARTER!

I just hit act 6 and am getting smoked. Any help on what I can do to help me get through it?

Last edited by Arkaon on Mar 16, 2020, 1:37:31 PM
"
Piwwoli wrote:
Doing pretty well with this build. Early game / acts were pain in the ass and as someone else mentioned, Holy Flame Totems were pretty bad.

Here is my current PoB: https://pastebin.com/sZqAbrsp
Current Level: 83
Current DEX: 1085
Current Ballistas: 11 (5 linked)

Effective DPS is at around 140k / ballista. I just got into yellow maps and so far I can manage - Delirium does some instakills but normal content is just fine.

Trying to upgrade to Hyrri's Ire next when I get the money.

My modifications

- Running and Lightning Golems with Minion Life, Culling Strike, Greater Multiple Projectiles
- Running Dash with the new Second Wind support
- Skipping top right of the passive tree and focusing on the cluster jewel at the bottom (not sure about the jewels yet)

For lack of damage

- Hyrri's Demise, Iron Commander and Fractal Thoughts are must haves, as they scale your damage a lot by the DEX you have
- Try to get Astramentis and 2x Fluid Motions as soon as possible too, as they give you a huge DEX boost -> huge damage boost
- Brawn Jewel solves attribute problems with Fractal Thoughts
- Run with Silver Flask, Diamond Flask and Atrziri's Promise, if you don't have better damage flasks - they work well
- It is important to stack DEX, flat damage (like adds x to y phys/cold to attacks) and % increases in your rare gear. Any kind of flat damage increases work because of Fractal Thoughts 1% increased elemental damage per 10 DEX

Questions for the creator

- How do I search for the timeless jewel?
- What does the timeless jewel actually do?
- What's the timeless jewel's seed value range I need to have? Hard to find exactly 6624
- What do you think about skipping the top-right part of the skill tree and focusing on the cluster jewel at the bottom of the tree?

Seems really squishy no ? 3K life, dont you get one-shot all the time ?
Almost have the same but invested more in life nodes
"
Piwwoli wrote:

- What's the timeless jewel's seed value range I need to have? Hard to find exactly 6624
- What do you think about skipping the top-right part of the skill tree and focusing on the cluster jewel at the bottom of the tree?

Yep, I'm liking this build but I'm clueless about legion jewels and how they work, which means I also have no idea how to buy the right one.

A ELI5 on this timeless jewel would be great!

If they're crazy expensive or hard to find, what's an alternative option for the 5th socket? I noticed that "Careful Planning" is in Angry_Roleplayer's gear guide but not in PoB and I can't find anywhere it would be worth putting it in the current tree either.
Last edited by xw_ziggy on Mar 16, 2020, 7:58:50 PM
"
Dystant wrote:
"
Piwwoli wrote:
Doing pretty well with this build. Early game / acts were pain in the ass and as someone else mentioned, Holy Flame Totems were pretty bad.

Here is my current PoB: https://pastebin.com/sZqAbrsp
Current Level: 83
Current DEX: 1085
Current Ballistas: 11 (5 linked)

Effective DPS is at around 140k / ballista. I just got into yellow maps and so far I can manage - Delirium does some instakills but normal content is just fine.

Trying to upgrade to Hyrri's Ire next when I get the money.

My modifications

- Running and Lightning Golems with Minion Life, Culling Strike, Greater Multiple Projectiles
- Running Dash with the new Second Wind support
- Skipping top right of the passive tree and focusing on the cluster jewel at the bottom (not sure about the jewels yet)

For lack of damage

- Hyrri's Demise, Iron Commander and Fractal Thoughts are must haves, as they scale your damage a lot by the DEX you have
- Try to get Astramentis and 2x Fluid Motions as soon as possible too, as they give you a huge DEX boost -> huge damage boost
- Brawn Jewel solves attribute problems with Fractal Thoughts
- Run with Silver Flask, Diamond Flask and Atrziri's Promise, if you don't have better damage flasks - they work well
- It is important to stack DEX, flat damage (like adds x to y phys/cold to attacks) and % increases in your rare gear. Any kind of flat damage increases work because of Fractal Thoughts 1% increased elemental damage per 10 DEX

Seems really squishy no ? 3K life, dont you get one-shot all the time ?
Almost have the same but invested more in life nodes

Not really, no. Some deliriums, especially in tight maps, have been quite tough.

I've been playing different totem builds for around 1300 hours now, so that might have something to do regarding survival. It's 70-80% about movement, especially with fast builds like this with Phase Run too and especially now with Second Wind on Dash. Vast majority of monster attacks are some kind of AoE, melee or projectile attacks, so if you've got the movement down, you don't really get hit that much plus there is also the evasion layer (and Immortal Call) if you do.

I will be investing more on life after I get Hyrri's Ire and 6L to it. Flat from rings and gloves + maybe some flat and % increased from cluster jewels and amulet annoint (Heart of the Warrior perhaps).

I'm really interested in the cluster jewel though, so we'll see. If I can't make anything decent out of them I'll probably go with more life on the tree.

Currently I got these

Large Jewel

Medium Jewel

Small Jewel

"
xw_ziggy wrote:
"
Piwwoli wrote:

Yep, I'm liking this build but I'm clueless about legion jewels and how they work, which means I also have no idea how to buy the right one.

A ELI5 on this timeless jewel would be great!

If they're crazy expensive or hard to find, what's an alternative option for the 5th socket? I noticed that "Careful Planning" is in Angry_Roleplayer's gear guide but not in PoB and I can't find anywhere it would be worth putting it in the current tree either.

You can use these filters for example: https://poe.trade/search/orinirikotomoi

The important things are bolded:

Denoted service of # dekhara in the akhara of Asenath Passives in radius are Conquered by the Maraketh

The number on the jewel is also important, but it doesn't matter when buying one. You will have to reroll it yourself or you will never find the one you need. Just make sure the jewel has those two bolded things in it. You can see from OP's PoB that the one he uses (6624) has stats like this:

Timeless Jewels works just like any other jewel in a sense that you simply put them into some jewel socket, but they can modify passives around them into different ones.

"
I noticed that "Careful Planning" is in Angry_Roleplayer's gear guide but not in PoB and I can't find anywhere it would be worth putting it in the current tree either.

I don't think there is any, it's probably just a leftover from previous version of the build. It's not used in the PoB at all.
i think we can skip this legion jewel and put this new type jewel with +1 balista i think got same value as +5% dex/20dex maybe more also in mid game got good rings so dont need 3x pasiv on resist so you save 4 pasive and can put intro new jewel
Last edited by tixyk on Mar 17, 2020, 10:28:16 AM
"
tixyk wrote:
i think we can skip this legion jewel and put this new type jewel with +1 balista i think got same value as +5% dex/20dex maybe more also in mid game got good rings so dont need 3x pasiv on resist so you save 4 pasive and can put intro new jewel

It depends, in the end-game you should ideally have very high dex rings with life, so resists can only be acquired on rings
https://www.twitch.tv/angry_roleplayer
All builds: http://www.angryroleplayer.com/path-of-exile-builds/
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2143469
How do you guys get good mana sustain ?

If I have my 3 auras (hoi, hatred, precision) up it's difficult to initial summon all my totems.

I need a mana pot to keep my totems up all the time when moving.
"
Dystant wrote:

If I have my 3 auras (hoi, hatred, precision) up it's difficult to initial summon all my totems.

This is built in as you complete the labyrinths and spec into ritual of awakening.
IGN : Reamus
"
Dystant wrote:

Until you get geared up, amulet or rings with increased mana regeneration helped. Once you complete the fourth lab you should have enough mana and regen in your tree to cope.

Also, make sure precision is capped at lvl 1

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info