[3.10] Tectonic Slam Jugg - Brutus' Lead Sprinkler

"A more difficult path of exile demands a more resilient character" - Esoro
Changelog:
Spoiler
Removed minion wheel, spec'd into fortify in Duelist Area
Geared up alot over 10m dps all in (consider 6.5m realistic)
Added updated POB with current gear, and included leveling trees

What's new for 3.10?
- Baron necros/strength stacking got hit hard (this means cheap gear for us.)
- No nerfs
- Several new interesting options in the passive notables that will enhance the build
- League is supposed to be more clear speed, and less tanky required...so this THICCboi here might not be needed. We may have the flexibility to crank up the deeps with a few changes, stay tuned.

Pros:
Spoiler
- High Life Pool
- Defensive Layers (Endurance Charges/Armor/Fortify/Molten Shell/Vaal Molten Shell)
- Surprisingly Strong DPS
- "Barely Melee" Tectonic Slam AoE
- Strong Lab/Delve Runner

Cons:
Spoiler
- Not Massive Clear Speed Mapper
- Not "face tank shaper beam" Defense
- As Strength is a suffix, and you will use several uniques, resists can be a bit challenging

Build Summary:
Brutus Lead Sprinkler https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Brutus%27_Lead_Sprinkler
Allows us to stack strength to gain fire damage, and at the same time, gain life...which produces a duality benefit of scaling both DPS and survival. From there we tailor our build to this weapon...it benefits from strength stacking and has a high critical strike chance (up to 8.4 base.)

Path of Building Link:
Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/62rybuPU

Gear Selection Guide:
Spoiler

Required:
Brutus Lead Sprinkler https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Brutus%27_Lead_Sprinkler
Recommended:
Astramentis
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Astramentis
Alberon's Warpath (18%)
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Alberon%27s_Warpath

Priorities:
- Strength/Attributes
- Resists until capped
- Life
- Attack Speed (jewels)
- Elemental/Fire Damage
- Crit Multi (this can be a later build add.)

You should goal for at least 1000 strength around level 90. While my build has over 1400...you are going to be successful at 1k. Your life pool should easily creep up over 6k, approach 7k, and potentially exceed. If you find yourself wanting more life, there are many options with 5 unselected 5% nodes, and a pair of 4s as well.

Helm: Rare, Devoto's Devotion, Starkjona's, or Crown of the Inward Eye (My choice) - Anger reservation or tectonic enchant (charged slam is best)

Amulet:
Astramentis (lets you not care about dex/int ever), or an amazing 3 rat talisman, or rare with str/life/ele dmg/resists

Rings:
Rare- str/life/resists/ele dmg (assassin's mark for $$$)

Boots:
Alberons (or see POB for expensive upgrade)

Belt:
Rare with Str/Life/Resists (Hunter or Elder for attributes mod $$$)

Chest:
Rare Astral 6L. I ran a 6L death's oath for a long time. Or just get a 6L. You want str/life/resists (Hunter +1 curse for $$$)

Gloves:
Rare Spiked. You want Str/Life/Resist/Attack Speed. Don't be ashamed if you're rocking meginord's even in mid/late maps..they are very good on the build, especially if you pick up a curse on hit corrupt.

Offhand:
Options - dual wield if you want. Get a shield if you want. Two options on shield - Angelic/Archon kite shield (str/life/resists) or a caster shield (fire damage mod, life/resists)

Gem Links:
Spoiler
Tectonic Slam/Elemental Dmg with Attacks/Multistrike/Fortify/Ruthless/Combustion (My Preference)
Best DPS: Tect Slam/Ele Dmg w Atk/Fortify/Multi/Conc/Ele Focus
In summary, you have options. You can use inspiration if you prefer, Pulverise, Inc AoE, Fire Pen, and even Shockwave (great for Sirus & Uber Elder Fights btw.)

This build has the capacity to run a couple of awakened support gems if you have the resources...ele with attacks is the priority, and the only I have chosen to leverage currently.

Curse with Flammability or Ele Weakness via your choice of delivery (curse on hit/leap slam, blasphemy, or gloves. Later if you get a 2nd curse and are full on crit add assassin's mark.

CWDT/molten shell/Wave of Conviction (applies fire exposure) inc duration.

Auras: Blood & Sand, Anger, Precision (lvl 1)

Utility: Leap Slam/Faster, VMS, blood rage

Bandits:
Spoiler
Help Alira (mana regen/crit multi/resists) or kill all if you want more life/less crit

Ascendancy:
Spoiler
Undeniable, Unflinching, Unstoppable, Unbreakable

Leveling Guide:
Spoiler
This is a cool part of the build. You can get into tectonic slam at 28, and really go from there immediately.

Pre 28 - get some basic leveling gear, use your low lvl skill of choice (frost blades, sunder, etc)
At 28:
Equip BLS. Get Astramentis if you can afford. Get Meginord's Girdle (60 strength) - or belt of the deceiver/ the magnate
Add lioneye's paws at 30 (40-60 strength)
Add meginord's vise at 35 (+100 strength)

You should be a living god while leveling with these 4-5 items.

Happy Hunting Exiles!

Last edited by s0uless999 on Mar 11, 2020, 7:26:03 PM
Last bumped on Aug 26, 2020, 2:23:05 AM
In which order do i take the ascendancy?
Can't do ele reflect maps

The Ascendancy order I'm going is Undeniable -> Unstoppable -> Unflinching -> Unbreakable. This way I don't have to worry about missing, then speed through mid game, and get some endurance charges. Unbreakable seems more beneficial late game, but I'm no expert.

Apologies have been travelling, and didn't have time to comment.

You have options on what you select in ascendancy order.

My recommendation is:
Undeniable (attack speed and accu...very early this is nice)
Unflinching (endurance charge generation mechanic for charged slams)
Unstoppable (no stun/freeze, negates temp chains, extra move speed)
Unbreakable (tanky)

Will add to build guide.
Im playing this build, just little bit different.
1.Body armour is Iront Fortress
2.Instead of unstoppable, im choosing Unyelding.
Seems pretty solid this far, only thing i just dont understand. From where your attack rate comes?
My strenght is just little bit lower than yours, and i cannot reach that attack rate.
Hey,loving the build so far. Just a few questions.

Which pantheons should I take?

and in PoB you have awakened ele dmg with attacks level 4, what about normal ele dmg with attacks ( also level 4 or 20? )

Ty!
"
Sartherus wrote:
Hey,loving the build so far. Just a few questions.

Which pantheons should I take?

and in PoB you have awakened ele dmg with attacks level 4, what about normal ele dmg with attacks ( also level 4 or 20? )

Ty!

I ran ele dmg with attacks before getting the awakened one. Shoot for 20/20.

For pantheons, you have a few options:

Major God - don't take Brine king as you get the benefits basically from being a jugg. I prefer Solaris, but you can also do well with Arakaali.

Minor God - when delving deep or fighting the hunter/snake guardian I use shakari to negate poison. Otherwise I use Ryslatha for the one click lotsa life (using the panicked divine life flask option.)
"
vittu443 wrote:
Im playing this build, just little bit different.
1.Body armour is Iront Fortress
2.Instead of unstoppable, im choosing Unyelding.
Seems pretty solid this far, only thing i just dont understand. From where your attack rate comes?
My strenght is just little bit lower than yours, and i cannot reach that attack rate.

Unyielding is a doable option, but you'll lose the negation of freeze/stun/temp chains from unstoppable.

The Attack rate is something that's very nice about the build. Check out your jewel sockets. You can grab quite a lot for very cheap.

Look for mods:
6-8% attack speed with maces & sceptres
Flat Attack speed
Attack speed while holding a shield
"
ruubel wrote:
Can't do ele reflect maps

Yeah...skip them :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info