[3.12] Brittleknee's Darkness Farmer - 200+ Depth, Fossils, Resonators, Currency - Video Included!

Anyone got any tips for lvling? just got to maps after what felt like a life time, but im now having trouble gaining them lvls.
"
Binkyyy wrote:
Anyone got any tips for lvling? just got to maps after what felt like a life time, but im now having trouble gaining them lvls.

If you are in a guild just ask friends if you can join them. You can also buy Breachstones and ask people to run them for you. I joined a friend and had like 600m exp/h from 68-82.
Here are 3 examples of good nodes I've found:

#1: This one is in my last post. You can skip around this VOD to see what it's like. I marked orange where I continue past the initial node.

#2: This one works, but for whatever reason the number of side areas is lackluster in some parts. I think the zone changes might have something to do with it. The red path will actually loop back to the start, which could save a logout, but the nodes take up a lot of path space (less chests) and it's hard to turn correctly without referencing the chart mid-delve.

#3: This one produces some easy to read paths, and Dense fossils seem common. At only ~75 depth lower than image #1, the Azurite nodes give 20-30% more, and even wealth chests feel like they drop a little more. The red paths cut off immediately past the node.

------------------

I'll be trying to get down to 500+ soon and find more 5-node travelers, they seem to work best vs. pathing through 3-4+ shorter nodes. Definitely don't hesitate to spend time/sulpite exploring sideways a bit if you see a curiously long path that's hidden. I had to do careful, out of the way exploration to reveal some of these.

I've modified my character since my last post, notably using String of Servitude. I also modified my tree a bit to path to Avatar of the Hunt. I added a 20% quality Detonate Mines gem + Enhance for extra detonation speed. And for kicks, CWDT+ Immortal Call + Inc Duration.
Last edited by glappoid on Jan 19, 2020, 3:22:56 AM
Is there some reason why Clarity needs to be level 1? I can't seem to find anything about that in the guide, yet the endgame gear AND the POB link given show the gem still at 1. What am I missing here?
"
"
Great guide, worked as advertised.

However, It does get a bit lonely down in the darkness after a while. I thought about having an alternative setup where she can also do labruns.

She is immune to traps (can stand in the middle of them without losing life), and extremely fast. The only thing missing is having a way to insta-phase Izaro.

Any idea of how to make this possible?

Basically mines.
Glacial Cascade mines has been the go to instaphase skill for lab runners. I´ve seen it work on basically no gear and characters geared for all out speed. Just use a weapon swap and it should work out.
Ball lightning mines and pyroclast will most likely also be capable to do it.

If you try it, pls let me/us know how it works.
I´m pretty interested in trying this myself, as the char is freakishly tanky and fast and should feel right at home in the lab.

As for my personal experiences so far.
200c per hour is maybe a more optimistic value, but 1ex per hour is easily doable in depth 120-150.
It is very VERY important to chose the correct pathways or it´ll heavily impact your bottom line, as they are not all created equal. Be prepared to spend 1-2 hours searching for the ideal setup and memorizing it until you get your chaos per hour up there.

Ty @ brittleknee for the build.
I´ve been darkness farming in Delve League and found it to be quite relaxing and fun, so i´m really glad you brought this back for us!

did you ever get this working? would love to start doing lab myself.
Last edited by Binkyyy on Jan 20, 2020, 12:53:43 PM
"
zanie420 wrote:
Is there some reason why Clarity needs to be level 1? I can't seem to find anything about that in the guide, yet the endgame gear AND the POB link given show the gem still at 1. What am I missing here?

watcher's eye need's clarity for it to work, so you only need a lvl 1 clarity
Last edited by Binkyyy on Jan 20, 2020, 12:49:07 PM
This is my next build for sure !

I hope to "make it work" for ~3ex, then I am pretty sure that the new char will pay dividends asap ;)

I'll be back after some leveling process, never played as scion. Need to do my homework first.
Last edited by _MrL_ on Jan 20, 2020, 1:01:28 PM
"
brittleknee wrote:

Why do you not break walls?
When you break a wall, you prevent that node’s ability to repopulate loot. This build is about chaos per hour, a slow and steady targeted farm of non-walled fossils.

When you speak about the node's ability, you speak about the 5x5 node, right ?
Can you do it as a ranger ?
At which level it is recommended to start actually darkness farming ?

my new build is lv31, still in progress

tree https://www.pathofexile.com/character-window/view-passive-skill-tree?accountName=_MrL_&realm=pc&character=MrL_DarkLady

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info