[3.12] Brittleknee's Darkness Farmer - 200+ Depth, Fossils, Resonators, Currency - Video Included!

"
I am really struggling leveling this character it sucks :(

Yep. That's why you should likely go into it with heaps of regrets or super nice leveling gear. I wish I knew how to make it better, but the base tree and ascendancy choices don't add much power, only utility.

"
SandboxRooK wrote:
Just got the build up and running, loving it. So relaxing.

"
Watcher’s Eye

Mana Recover Rate While Affected by Clarity is the MOST important Mod.
Other useful mods include Movement speed while affected by Grace, chance to blind enemies that hit you while affected by Grace.

I had bought and thought the 10% damage on mana before life mod was more important?

Also a question i think i answered but just wanted to make sure. Did you use the invisible Buff Effect on temp chains to remove the white circles around the monsters?

Mana recovery applies to the entire interaction, its very powerful. It's also very common and affordable.

However, you're probably fine at lower (200) to mid depths (350-400) with what you've got. It just means you spent a bit more to get started.
Check me out on Twitch! http://www.twitch.tv/brittleknee
All of my builds are here: https://tinyurl.com/y5vwayk2
how much chaos/hour is doable as a beginner?
[discontinued] Dyadus Berserker: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1886525
[discontinued] Flame Surge Berserker: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1892524
Life is ethical
Life is Life.
Life is nonMETA.
Does a Shaper's or a Redeemer's crafted belt be any good ?
With those nice mana mods, it seems a good option to me if you wanted a rare belt.

https://imgur.com/a/H4pvK1w

Something along this belt.
The craft could quite costly tho, went with Corroded-Lucent-Pristine-Prismatic and took me 12 tries on a fossil simulator.
But I'm a shitty crafter, so there might be a better option to craft this.
I love this - been darkness farming for a week or so now. Thank you!
Pro tip - Ctrl click Niko when you talk to him.
never did how much sulphite capacity needed to be ok for a good moment ?
sulphite rota is boring ...
i will probably try this . But levelling is boring so probably using tons of regrets at the end . Easiest way :)

ok i'm stupid we don't need sumphite xD just look old videos of the stream
Last edited by Redeyesgeek on Jan 3, 2020, 8:41:05 PM
Can you please elaborate more on the timeless jewel? I never bought one before but I heard the effects are random. So say I bought a Venarius variant would I have to throw divines at it still? Or do all Venarius affect the Pain Attunement? and only need divines to try and exclude the Aqueous Accelerant and Dreamer?

nvm I think I actually started to understand it when I looked at the trade site I thought it behaved differently somehow...I can't seem to find one with all 3 stats, is there a priority or something?
Last edited by AliceTrancy on Jan 4, 2020, 2:23:07 PM
"
AliceTrancy wrote:
Can you please elaborate more on the timeless jewel? I never bought one before but I heard the effects are random. So say I bought a Venarius variant would I have to throw divines at it still? Or do all Venarius affect the Pain Attunement? and only need divines to try and exclude the Aqueous Accelerant and Dreamer?

nvm I think I actually started to understand it when I looked at the trade site I thought it behaved differently somehow...I can't seem to find one with all 3 stats, is there a priority or something?

IF you search for that jewel in poe.trade you can search specific for a Avarius jewel.

Those are the ones you want.
Just type into the mod selection: "by high templar avarius"
After that only the jewels with the desired mods will appear. Then you have to search for a jewel that has 2 or more of the stats you need on it.
Be warned, getting more than 2 of the mods descriped by brittleneck on a jewel is extremely expensive.
I would rather look for 2 mods and be fine with it, if you don't want to min/max every inch of farming.
For the mods itself, i would look for mana reg and "increased effect of non-damaging ailments on enemies" This affects your curses, which might come in handy if you want to delve deeper.

My question would be how do you get the "flask effect is not removed at full mana" mod? I never saw it before. Is it craftable? Or just a random drop? Trade-Shop flasks are expensive with that mod.
Last edited by Camatoo on Jan 5, 2020, 12:56:15 PM
"
Camatoo wrote:
My question would be how do you get the "flask effect is not removed at full mana" mod? I never saw it before. Is it craftable? Or just a random drop? Trade-Shop flasks are expensive with that mod.
You alt-spam a mana flask until you get enduring prefix. It was introduced in Blight so that's probably why you haven't seen it in the past.
my fault for being a standard player i guess.

For the leveling part.

I found a nice way (atleast for me) to level this character quite smoothly and considerable quick.

I was looking at the Whispering Ice staff cyclone build from this thread:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2628295

It has a similar pattern to this one, since its a spell caster.
Only huge difference is, his build goes for ES, this one is life.

My attempt to copy and rerouting it for a possible darkness farmer:

https://pastebin.com/63nM4W6A

Needed gear:

Nice to have upgrade:

You can use this to push your int even more for damage. You need to watch out for capping resistances though, but i didn't had trouble with 6 rares you could use.

The amulet saves a lot of points putting into int, so you dont have to move far away from the final build and can save some regret orbs. If you can' buy Astramentis you can play it without, but your damage will be siginificant lower.

For leveling i would move towards "Heart and Souls" first then to the left side towards "Constitution" After that you can move towards the damage nodes "Storm Weaver" and "light of Divinity" Grab the life nodes above them, then move to the right side. Since Whispering Ice is a lvl 33 Staff, you dont need to spend much points on int early in the game.

You don't have to use Zealotry, in fact you can only use it after getting the "4% reduced mana reservation" node on the right side.
I just looked for a aura that increases the damage a bit. You can use vitality or any other Aura. You should have enough mana sustain to keep cycling without getting oom.

The Cyclone guide from Kelvynn has a leveling area, there you can see which weapons and skills he would consider best before you can use Whispering Ice.

For the Ascendancy i would still go to pathfinder and Guardian first, since reskilling them costs more regret orbs and the benefits from the Cyclone build are not that great. After all its a hybrid build that doesn't excel in good damage.

I hit nearly lvl 70 and im now skilling in the final tree of Brittleknees farmer, without taking any more unnecessary nodes.

It's not a fast or tanky build, you are still dying. But the nature of cyclone makes a little up for that and the chill + defensive auras are helping quite a bit here.

@Brittleknee i hope you dont mind if i try to help out for the leveling part (or atleast try to help)

Last edited by Camatoo on Jan 5, 2020, 7:30:41 PM
Hey, I've been enjoying this build a lot. I just wanted to say that for the people who don't want to put as much of a time investment into leveling this build you really don't need to level all the way to 82 to get going. I found a good delve path in the ice biome at depth 201 and I've had no trouble using the faster lady build at level 76 without doing uber lab - been making a little over 300c an hour. I did make a decent investment of about 600c into gear/gems so that may be contributing a bit but this has honestly been very smooth darkness farming.

The points I skipped out on are the heirophant ascendancy, charisma and the nearby jewel socket for intuitive leap, and the sovereignty wheel. If I had dex on my gear somewhere I could also skip the 2 dex nodes on the way to where intuitive leap would be. Since you could also drop some life nodes in the scion wheel or purity of flesh wheel I think you could probably run the build just fine at low 200 depths at lv 69-70 (69 is the absolute floor since you need indigon and 70 is the lv requirement for lv 20 gems in the build)

As I progress deeper down the mines I plan on getting the rest of the nodes to increase survivability a bit but it really isn't necessary to go all out on xp leeching just to get the build up and running. If for some reason anyone wants to see the lv 76 char in question it is ExtremeDinosaurHunter.

Thanks again for the build guide Brittleknee!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info