[Archived] Moosseolini's Holy Relics Guardian

Hey all! Looks like the ascendancy changes are in, I'll post a short discussion here and slowly begin updating the guide for the upcoming league.

Nerfs:
- Losing 30% increased damage on allies from Unwavering Crusade sucks a bit. It translates to about a 5% damage decrease while mapping.

Buffs:
- Time of Need got a pretty big change. It no longer removes curses and elemental resistances every 5 seconds, but it now gives 80% reduced effect of curses! Coupled with Sanctum of Thought on the passive tree (3 skill points to take), we should be effectively immune to curses.

This allows us to take a different suffix on one of our flasks, which we will likely use to get rid of some nasty elemental debuff like shock.

Healing every 4 seconds instead of every 5 seconds is also pretty cool.
Last edited by Moosseolini on Jan 12, 2021, 1:05:50 PM
"
Gescom wrote:
I will probably play this build in 3.13 if there's any indication of Static Strike getting some love. (I hate cyclone)

I don't know if this was the kind of love you expected, but hey at least there's something!
Haha, yes indeed. Definitely something. Pretty torn right now. =D
"
Gescom wrote:
"
Fire_Archer wrote:
Its worse. Relics do not attack or cast.
That means we just lost 30% damage increase.

Which is probably like a 4% overall nerf, which could very easily be offset by pretty much anything. Wait for patch notes today.. maybe the gem is just buffed by 5%. We'll see. =P

I will probably play this build in 3.13 if there's any indication of Static Strike getting some love. (I hate cyclone)

Mind you that 4% "overall nerf" is actually a 4% nerf to your average damage. And its not your actual DPS because your dps has its own formula.

My Holy relics went for 7 mill DPS down to 5 mill with those little changes :/
"
Fire_Archer wrote:
"
Gescom wrote:
"
Fire_Archer wrote:
Its worse. Relics do not attack or cast.
That means we just lost 30% damage increase.

Which is probably like a 4% overall nerf, which could very easily be offset by pretty much anything. Wait for patch notes today.. maybe the gem is just buffed by 5%. We'll see. =P

Mind you that 4% "overall nerf" is actually a 4% nerf to your average damage. And its not your actual DPS because your dps has its own formula.

My Holy relics went for 7 mill DPS down to 5 mill with those little changes :/

that can't be right, 30% inc damage is not that much are you sure you ticked all the right stuff?

edit: oh maybe with all the aura nodes nerf, yeah that could be the reason
Last edited by Nephitis on Jan 14, 2021, 4:50:30 AM
I have a low life ES templar build I want to transition into later into the league.

Therefore, I want to use this build as a starter, I've done a test run to A5 and it's actually really fun.

However, my biggest concern: will I be able to get to low-end red maps whilst spending minimal currency for this build, so I can save for my transition?

It seems like this build requires tons of skill gem levels and thus quite a bit of investment to not do zDPS.

I tested tons builds at A9 blood aqueducts at gem level 1 and this is the only build that literally didn't do enough damage to kill white mobs. However, it is far stronger at gem level 23, and on par at level 20.

The most redeeming quality is the almost absolute lack of uniques, aside the one 1 alch unique, which seems like it'd make it very cheap to gear for white maps.

So, would you recommend this build to use as a cheap league starter?
"
I have a low life ES templar build I want to transition into later into the league.

Therefore, I want to use this build as a starter, I've done a test run to A5 and it's actually really fun.

However, my biggest concern: will I be able to get to low-end red maps whilst spending minimal currency for this build, so I can save for my transition?

It seems like this build requires tons of skill gem levels and thus quite a bit of investment to not do zDPS.

I tested tons builds at A9 blood aqueducts at gem level 1 and this is the only build that literally didn't do enough damage to kill white mobs. However, it is far stronger at gem level 23, and on par at level 20.

The most redeeming quality is the almost absolute lack of uniques, aside the one 1 alch unique, which seems like it'd make it very cheap to gear for white maps.

So, would you recommend this build to use as a cheap league starter?

Gem levels are really important for the relics. They will perform nicely when levelled up to level 19 or 20, which is easy enough if you level with relics.

Usually I run around with just the unique helmet (the fated helmet can cost a little bit more than the base unique, especially at league start), two +1 spell gem level sceptres, and a tabula for a long time at league start. The rest of my gear is random rare gear that I picked up or traded for.

In the past, I managed to clear Shaper with just this gear. Tankiness can be quite low until a reasonable staff like Femurs of the Saints is acquired and a high life chest like Kaom's Heart is slotted in, so I do die a bit in the meantime (like once every few red maps), but that's a sacrifice I am personally willing to make. I imagine those are the two things you will want to upgrade first, especially in HC leagues.

One possibility I have recently considered is running a staff instead of the sceptres alongside a socketed chest like Rotting Legion and using a Summon Skeletons setup for bosses. I'll have to get back to you on that one after doing some testing.

Speaking of upgrades past the first week. People often drop lvl 21 Summon Holy Relic gems and sell them for a very low price (at least compared to other lvl 21 gems). A 6-link white staff is often very cheap to purchase, and it can carry you quite well if you already bought a corrupted Empower lvl 3. The only things you need on it is '+1 to level of socketed Gems' and 'minions deal % increased damage' bench craft, which cost roughly 200 alteration and 4c in the worst case scenario to craft.

I hope this covers everything.
Last edited by Moosseolini on Jan 14, 2021, 11:05:08 AM
What do you think of the necro version?
https://pastebin.com/mMPDgh8W

It has AG and Spectres for additional support.
Last edited by foojin on Jan 14, 2021, 7:57:28 AM
"
foojin wrote:
What do you think of the necro version?
https://pastebin.com/mMPDgh8W

It has AG and Spectres for additional support.

This is a good version. Personally I don't like having too many supporting setups because I forget to use them, but this looks fine.
I will stop tampering with the guide for the first week of Ritual league so everyone doesn't get confused when they can't find the information they need.

Feedback would be appreciated, if there's anything missing or confusing I'll remember to change it in the next version of the guide.

Have a good league start all!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info