[Archived] Moosseolini's Holy Relics Guardian

"
Fire_Archer wrote:
Oh there is something I wanted to ask.

How do you deal with blight maps?
I seem to have trouble doing them since your range is so limited.

Do you just sell them?
Or do them?

I usually sell my blighted maps. The lack of range can be a problem for this build while doing them.

Your best chance of clearing blighted maps is to place down Stone Gaze and Glacial Cage towers next to the pump, and then flood the rest of the map with Meteor towers buffed up by Empowering towers. I would also run the ring anoint that makes meteor towers drop an additional meteor.
Last edited by Moosseolini on Dec 18, 2020, 2:38:25 PM
Just wondering around how many alteration orbs does it normally take to craft the staff I'm having really bad luck with my rolls.
"
freerobux wrote:
Just wondering around how many alteration orbs does it normally take to craft the staff I'm having really bad luck with my rolls.

According to craftofexile.com:
- Using item level 100 warstaff, orb of alteration crafting method (alt + augment)
- To hit just +1 to level of Socketed Gems will take 182 tries for a confidence of 95%
- To hit +1 to level of Socketed Gems AND any attack speed roll will take 2530 tries for a confidence of 95%
- To hit +1 to level of Socketed Gems AND an attack speed roll of T4 or higher will take 5062 tries for a confidence of 95%

Crafting can be very luck dependent unfortunately. I've had leagues where I rolled the staff in just 300 alterations, and other leagues where it took me over 5000 alterations to get. I hope this gives you an idea of what kind of numbers to expect.
"
Moosseolini wrote:
"
freerobux wrote:

According to craftofexile.com:
- Using item level 100 warstaff, orb of alteration crafting method (alt + augment)
- To hit just +1 to level of Socketed Gems will take 182 tries for a confidence of 95%
- To hit +1 to level of Socketed Gems AND any attack speed roll will take 2530 tries for a confidence of 95%
- To hit +1 to level of Socketed Gems AND an attack speed roll of T4 or higher will take 5062 tries for a confidence of 95%

Crafting can be very luck dependent unfortunately. I've had leagues where I rolled the staff in just 300 alterations, and other leagues where it took me over 5000 alterations to get. I hope this gives you an idea of what kind of numbers to expect.

Ah well that sucks, do you have any advice on how to farm alteration orbs easily, should I just run heist contracts or is there a faster way?
"
freerobux wrote:
Ah well that sucks, do you have any advice on how to farm alteration orbs easily, should I just run heist contracts or is there a faster way?

Unfortunately farming alteration orbs is mostly drops. You can speed the process up a bit by selling identified rares to a vendor, or perhaps trading for alterations on the market.

As for what rares to pick up: rings, amulets, and talismans take up the least slots so I would go with those.
Question: What about same build but have also different body armor with 6link dominating blow?
"
MatujaHeinz wrote:
Question: What about same build but have also different body armor with 6link dominating blow?

There's a bit of counter-synergy between Summon Holy Relic and Dominating Blow.

To get the minions from the skill, we have to apply the debuff (which only lasts 1 second) and then kill the debuffed target. That's not a problem as our relics will one-shot most regular mobs. The problem is that these minions last only 20 seconds, and only begin to get strong once you have many of them. This essentially forces us to use Dominating Blow as the sole way of activating the Relic Nova skill.

Using Dominating Blow as the activation skill presents a number of challenges.
1) We have to carefully scale the attack speed on our build like with Cyclone.
2) Dominating Blow is a short range melee attack, meaning it feel pretty bad without Ancestral Call or some similar investment.
3) To maximise DPS on boss fights, we have to stand still, which makes us vulnerable and more likely to die.
4) We will have way less health after unequipping Kaom's Heart.

If you do manage to fix these problems somehow, you will increase your boss DPS by about 50% under ideal circumstances. I'm not sure it's worth the effort, but maybe it's a fun playstyle to you, in which case it is 100% worth it.
Last edited by Moosseolini on Jan 8, 2021, 8:11:12 PM
Hello! Unwavering crusade was changed in 3.13
Nearby Allies deal 30% increased Damage was removed, but now there is Nearby Allies have 20% increased Attack, Cast and Movement Speed
Is it better now for this build?
Its worse. Relics do not attack or cast.
That means we just lost 30% damage increase.
"
Fire_Archer wrote:
Its worse. Relics do not attack or cast.
That means we just lost 30% damage increase.

Which is probably like a 4% overall nerf, which could very easily be offset by pretty much anything. Wait for patch notes today.. maybe the gem is just buffed by 5%. We'll see. =P

I will probably play this build in 3.13 if there's any indication of Static Strike getting some love. (I hate cyclone)
Last edited by Gescom on Jan 12, 2021, 12:34:46 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info