[Archived] Moosseolini's Holy Relics Guardian

i see. thank you :-)
I finished the league a couple weeks ago. Figure I'd post my PoB and stuff here for posterity: https://pobb.in/ILMeRg4QF1KT

Some gear highlights--

Snagged some fractured minion boots at an early Delve node on day 2/3 of league. Used 2x recombinators to move mod to i86 Titan Greaves, got 3x T1 res off random harvest roll, then used 3x eldrich chaos to roll MS.

Snagged this for something like 50c. Absolute steal. Never found Holy Relic enchant. Settled with Pride so I could try to fit Aspect of the Spider but it never materialized.

This gives 100% stun resistance, so I got to change pantheon to Arakali.

Crafting this weapon was a learning experience. I saw later that people were using incursion minion mod but I didn't feel like going through all the trouble again. So I started with fossils, but the problem was getting stuck with multiple caster mods that blocked the prefixes I wanted, which led to failed annuls trying to snipe caster mods I didn't want. After blowing through all my 4 socket resonators from delve, I ultimately went with alt spam for spell skill gems, then blew through 3 imprints to get this the way I wanted. Still less currency then all the failed fossil crafting. Maybe I just got really unlucky.

Some thoughts--
I started Static Strike fully intending to convert to cyclone but my duo partner went cyclone so I mixed it up. Honestly didn't seem necessary in the long run, plus it freed up more sockets. This plays like a scuffed Blade Vortex, where instead of revving up the lawnmower, you just have to occasionally bop something. Used a war cry and Harvest enchant to extend my melee range.

If I didn't burn out, I'd regear to have less attributes and more chaos res on rings/gloves. Only did a couple simulacrums, sometimes dying once, would of likely been deathless with higher chaos res. Did deathless Feared with 100% invitation mods with no problem but Uber Maven wiped the floor with me-- felt like the only content this build couldn't do since everything shuts down regen.

I'd advise against using this as a future league starter for as long as Ashes is expensive. Most of my early league was grinding currency for Ashes instead of progressing the game, which was not really planned or desired for non-MF. Potential exception(?): maybe start by leaning harder into a minion hybrid build w/ staff, Victario armor, and Jinxed Juju amulet??

I don't really repeat builds but I think a cyclone variant that uses Triad Grip to convert Holy Relic to lightning + Doryani's Prototype would be interesting to try.

Big thanks to the guide creator and everyone who posted in here the last few months because I did a lot of reading before getting started. GL next league, ya'll.
These 3.19 holy relic buffs seem pretty good :)

"
Summon Holy Relic: The Relic's nova Spell now has 250% Effectiveness of Added Damage at all gem levels (previously scaling from 70% at gem level 1 to 146% at gem level 20). It now grants approximately 50% more Life regenerated per second to Allies and Minions at all gem levels.
Last edited by Kelpocalypse on Aug 2, 2022, 7:53:58 PM
3.19 buff is nice, I want to play around with a bow on this build, storm rain hit rate is excellent and coupled with mirage archer you could charge through maps only shooting 10 arrows. Not sure what the crafting deficiencies would be between staff’s and bows, might be zDPS
You also loose block with bow, and with nerfed defences in 3.19 i think thats a risky move. But would work for sure imho.
I'm thinking if leaguestarting with holy relic in 2 weeks, would Champion be viable for this? Permanent fortify, stun immunity and 10% reduced damage taken seems to trump everything Guardian has to offer, 20 increased damage taken is in line with guardian damage bonus as well. Sucks to loose the 30% Minion aoe, but so be it.. cyclone so is the limiting facto most if the time anyway.
I have a question:
Are Holy relics buffed in 3.19?

From balance manifesto
First
"The damage and life scaling values for minions have been adjusted. This affects all minions other than Raise Spectre, though the damage of Animate Guardian, Animate Weapon, Blink Arrow and Mirror Arrow minions is also unaffected as they gain base damage from items instead. Generally speaking, minion life and damage is unchanged in the very early game, roughly 30% lower in mid acts, roughly 20% lower at level 20 of the minion skill, and roughly 10% lower at level 30 of the minion skill."

Second
Summon Holy Relic: The Relic's nova Spell now has 250% Effectiveness of Added Damage at all gem levels (previously scaling from 70% at gem level 1 to 146% at gem level 20). It now grants approximately 50% more Life regenerated per second to Allies and Minions at all gem levels.
I tested this build toward the end of 3.18 and I was blown away with how much power it has for such little investment, so I definitely want to try it as a league starter.

The only issue I ran into was some bosses with a lot of AoE made it difficult at times to keep the relics up to deal damage, but that was probably more to do with the way I'd spent my talents and lack of investment.

The main concern I have now is the helmet.
Since they have said they are making the +2 all minion gem level a mod for helmets, we have to rely on a strong buff coming for Geofri's Crest to make the lack of that mod worth it.

I think this is a good chance for GGG to put some cool build impactful mechanics in with the helmet to buff it as a trade off, so I think it will be fine but for now we just have to wait and see
The bit I'm concerned about is that every PoB I've seen of this uses brittle ground, minion power charges and Increased Critical damage linked.
Brittle from boots is 5% down to 2%, and charges are 450% down to 120% inc crit chance, right? That's something like 50% less damage right there.

"
Nephalon wrote:
I'm thinking if leaguestarting with holy relic in 2 weeks, would Champion be viable for this? Permanent fortify, stun immunity and 10% reduced damage taken seems to trump everything Guardian has to offer, 20 increased damage taken is in line with guardian damage bonus as well. Sucks to loose the 30% Minion aoe, but so be it.. cyclone so is the limiting facto most if the time anyway.

Champion also puts you much closer to Elemental Equilibrium, which if you do some conversion, the proc on hit nature of relics should ensure it always has the full effect.
Last edited by Duodecimus on Aug 10, 2022, 2:17:11 AM
Unfortunately conversion is quote useless for relics. To match the scaling of physical explosions especially against bosses requires blocking armor and glove slot to even come close... i know it seems nice to have cold novas, or lightning + doryanis prototype... but factoring in the opportunity cost including lost tankiness, i've yet to see a variant that's worth it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info