[3.9] "The recharger" Very tanky max attack/spell block fast clear ball lightning assasin

"
Berserker77 wrote:
Welcome exiles, as I am not very familiar with content creation here I will make a simple guide.

This build offers basically all types of recovery of energy shield and thus has a unique and fun playstyle. I did all content with it in 3.7 and 3.8.
The main idea is to recover % of our high Energy shield pool using these 2 items

- this jewel provides glancing blows keystone that doubles the attack/spell block chance and makes block only reduce damage by 50%. But that doesn't matter because we need block only to proc our recovery

further boosted by things like
we multiply the % recovered on block. In the end I have a 75% chance to recover 750 energy shield when hit. We also leech 3000 energy shield per second.
If you will have any questions feel free to message me here or in game @MorphanFreeman

Pros
- very durable
- fast clear
- absolutely immune to fast burst damage, more hits=more heal
- does not rely on flasks
- fast recharge and recovery, excellent boss killer
- you have to craft your gear, fun!
- immune to crit damage (saves a lot of frustration from one shots)
- max block
- very flexible gear options

Cons
- block can betray you, but we still have a lot of ES to back it up
- requires self crafted gear in almost all cases, rng and investment

Path_of_building
note that DPS on ball lightning is much higher than shown here as it hits every 0.15 seconds, I cant tell how much exactly does it have but it is a million or two as you can see in the video https://pastebin.com/dK89B2pb

Videos
minotaur run, the stops I did sometimes are to show you how ES on block works https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiSZ1yiHkPc

I strongly suggest not to buy shield (no way you find 300 es with recovery on block), armor and belt. Craft some instead using just dense fossils. You can buy the rest of the gear

gear_breakdown

weapon
I absolutely recommend to use
as not only it offers very high amount of damage, it also gives us 16% (32% with our jewel) of spell block which is very valuable. Its a cheap item so I don't have other suggestions

helmet
we no longer need a corruption for +1 power charges! Buy a warlord's hubris circles of highest item level you can afford and just spam dense fossils until power charge and 150+ ES. Everything else is extra, resistances are nice to have more freedom elsewhere

shield
I would aim for at least 250 ES, the max rolled %recovery on block is a must, charges on block are super awesome! Shaper shields offer a lot of fun mods if you are lucky

watcher's_eye_mods_preference
The % ES recovery is a must, flat energy shield for each enemy hit is expensive but will boost your defense to extreme amounts as we hit with ball lightning, tempest shield and orb of storms. Wrath penetration is good damage boost, everything else is a bit of nice like energy shield regen from discipline, light damage from wrath etc

amulet
I was really lucky to have this made in syndicate research by Thane. 18-20% ES is a must, luckily its craftable. Flat energy shield is nice, try to get one damage mod like % crit multi or some resistances here. I would suggest not to use shaper amulet as you want to eventually transform the amulet into this juicy talisman for 40%+ Energy shield in one slot

rings

Now its up to you, you can either go crit multi elder ring + mark of shaper as I did or go into more ES and buy temple rings that have flat 50ES and 10% increased ES. I would suggest having at least some damage on one ring and you can use the other for ES+res

boots
we can get ES elsewhere so we don't need to go crazy about it here, get as much res as possible and ofcourse the movement speed

gloves
Best in slot would be elder gloves with 5% block, that would save 5 points in tree! Overall, same with boots try to get some nice ES but resistances are most important

belt
very important slot, you need a shaper's crystal belt (maybe guardian's can work now) for %ES recovery rate, that's the only mod you really need. ES and res or some interesting mod like spell damage while flask effect are nice.

gem_links
Ball lightning - 17/20 arcane surge - added lightning damage - elemental focus - energy leech - inspiration
spell echo gives more damage but I just hate to use it

wrath - discipline - enlighten (doesn't have to be level 4)

for extra boss damage I use 4l orb of storms - energy leech - elemental focus - controlled destruction

tempest shield (manually activate it at the start of the map, you wont need to do it again if you don't stop) with our curse setup - chain - conductivity- curse on hit

flame dash - faster casting
In the rest you can put some extra stuff like cast when damage taken - immortal call but I didn't feel the need for it and levelled some gems instead

Ascendancy_order
Untable infusion-> Deadly infusion. Then it depends on you, if you want damage first take Opportunistic, if you want defense first take Mistwalker

If you are able to level up to 94 take Alira, if not, take 2 points.

For Pantheons just take soul of Brine King for stun avoidance and soul of Tukohama from minor gods for extra phys reduction to facetank bosses (also good for 2% regen if you take zealoth's oath)
How to deal in the cheapest way on mana lack leveling? 51 and can't throw more than 10 balls....only pot? If u wanna take a look is xJingleBallsx
"
TBorgezHU3 wrote:
How to deal in the cheapest way on mana lack leveling? 51 and can't throw more than 10 balls....only pot? If u wanna take a look is xJingleBallsx

the pot yes, you don't need to spam it. Few orbs usually clears a screen away it moves through, also use inspiration and arcane surge as soon as you can, not only they give very good damage but help with mana a lot as well
Mate the build looks very interesting. Always wanted a tanky assassin. However in your video you seem to take forever to kill mino.
How can this be a great boss killer ?
Hey, can you give an update on your build? Like how to improve damage for endgame? As someone said, your Minotour kill wasn't to fast.

Checking your characters - did you change from BL to storm brand as it wasn't enough damage?

Keep it up! :)
Last edited by snietschie2 on Jan 10, 2020, 10:33:31 AM
"
dipsi wrote:
Mate the build looks very interesting. Always wanted a tanky assassin. However in your video you seem to take forever to kill mino.
How can this be a great boss killer ?

Thank you :)
I think it is a great boss killer because its very safe, you don't have to worry about positioning and also they quadrupled the boss HP
Last edited by Berserker77 on Jan 12, 2020, 12:25:56 PM
"
snietschie2 wrote:
Hey, can you give an update on your build? Like how to improve damage for endgame? As someone said, your Minotour kill wasn't to fast.

Checking your characters - did you change from BL to storm brand as it wasn't enough damage?

Keep it up! :)

Hi :)

The damage for endgame is good enough I'd say. If you get awakened support gems you can boost that by a lot. Storm brand is another character I did.
Thanks for your update! Your build is really fun! :)

I'm lvl 87 and can cruise trough most content until low red maps. As I was lucky to 6link a Shav's i went Lowlife for the damage boost.

Now I'm thinking hard how to improve?

There are 2 more BL builds, one life based and one ultra tanky 3.8 build.
I try to draw inspiration from them to add into your's :)

Thinking about going for

Memory Vault (getting Problem with low life/Blood Magic)
Shaper's Touch (maybe)
Enlighten

Also I'm struggling how to get your lethal pride? Or one close to yours? How to search for the Glancing Blows thingy?

Your input would be highly appreciated (5 Ex Budged for now).

Thats my POB rn: https://pastebin.com/3PRVHXqW

Thx!
Last edited by snietschie2 on Jan 13, 2020, 2:27:20 PM
Thanks for the build! looks very interesting! Any other skills to use apart from Ball of lightning? I kinda dont like that spell.
Very intriguing build! Working on this now for a change of pace. This is my first league so I'm a bit confused. Where does the karui gem go in the passive tree and in your video, ball lightning has 3 projectiles but I don't see any multiple projectile gems. How does that work?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info