[3.9] Aziire's Deadeye Galvanic Arrow - Maximum Projectile Speed/AoE, God Speed!

Hey there, question, I have Maloney's Mechanism (Lucky drop from other character) and wanted to use this with this build. WHat Gem Setup would be recommended for this?
Hey!

Looks like a fun build, will give it a try!
Well written guide!
Hello really enjoy the playstyle of this build.

I have Around 3ex and was whoundering what i should focus on first,
Should ill go for the 6L Hearld setup you post about in your'e guide?

Any Advice whould help!
/Thanks
Apparently if you have any pierce from your gear or passives the ensnaring arrow will pierce through the main target without actually applying the debuff.

Small edit
Removed pierce took fast and deadly. Clear feels like shit don't even bother delving but red maps bosses and metamorphs melt and actually move slower even with my dogpoop ssf char.
Last edited by tarzan123 on Jan 17, 2020, 10:42:30 AM
Sorry I have been inactive, made a small update at the start of the guide regarding my plans and updates.
Spoiler
"
Chnams wrote:
So, update is a little late, holidays were busy :D
Wall of text incoming.

Anyways, I'm still on t10-11s for now, haven't had that much time to play during the holidays, but the build is holding up just fine.

My current gear is the following :

So, turns out a lot of bows are good for this build. Windripper is always pretty nice, not too expensive (i got mine for like 30c), decent damage, IIQ is always good to have even on a non-MF build, and it has decent attack speed too (which is pretty important as barrage feels like shit on low AS). Apart from that, The Tempest is also a good budget contender, but according to pob it does gimp my dps by a bit. A good rare bow could potentially be an upgrade, but there aren't many rare bows that would be an upgrade from a unique without costing insane amounts. Quill Rain is also a good contender, as we hardly scale physical damage at all, and we love attack speed. Its 30% less damage modifier kind of hurts, but the HUGE projectile and attack speed bonuses more than makes up for it (according to pob, going from windripper to quill rain is "only" a 15% damage loss, so it's a good sidegrade)

Spoiler
For reference, this bow (in the spoiler) deals roughly the same amount of damage and cost me around 50c IIRC. Better bows might give more damage but will also be extremely expensive.

As far as stats go on a bow, since another user was asking, I think the most important stats are lightning damage, elemental penetration (or lightning penetration), attack speed, crit chance, crit multi, projectile speed (strictly QoL as it gives us no damage). Phys damage is always nice to have but having very low phys damage allows us to ignore phys reflect maps, and damage conversion is inefficient (GA converts only 50% of phys to lightning, so only 50% of our damage is going to be scaled by increased elemental/lightning damage).

For the torso, once again a lot of options, I went with Shroud as it's a relatively cheap option that gives us a lot of evasion and life, even a tiny bit of ES (even if it's lowered by Acrobatics, it's still a decent chunk of EHP). Hyrri's ire is a pure dps option with that juicy dodge, but it's quite expensive. Besides, cold damage is nice, but I'd rather scale lightning damage only, as I think it's unrealistic to expect freezing big bosses (and those are the most dangerous ones) due to how ailments and HP thresholds work. Besides, afaik metamorphs still can't be frozen, and we don't know when that bug will be fixed. Farrul's fur is totally our BiS, with free aspect of the cat which is absolutely nuts, and constant frenzy/power charge generation, which helps us a LOT against bosses, but it's also currently sitting at 12,5 ex for a 6L.

I chose Farrul's Bite as a helmet to get bonus crit chance and free blind on hit, which is invaluable as it gives us more evasion (and we don't have to grab it from an abyss jewel), as well as some added damage against blinded enemies, a good chunk of Eva/ES, and some resistance. Slotting in Aspect of the Cat will however require you to add some changes to the passive tree, that you can see in my PoB (i'll link it further down this post), but long story short, I switched some passives around to grab Charisma (which is on the way to the Shadow nodes), which with Aspect, Herald of Ice and Wrath leaves me at 12% unreserved mana, or 113 mana, which is more than enough.

Not much to explain about the rest of the gear, Marylene's Fallacy seems like the BiS for me according to PoB, but your mileage may vary. The best anointment is obviously Arcing Blows for that sweet lightning pen, but if you don't have the budget for it (the silver oil was like 36c last time i checked), you can settle for a much cheaper Longshot anointment (20% inc proj speed, damage, and a worse version of far shot) or Command of the Elements (4% elemental penetration and 24% increased elemental damage) or Ambidextry (50% increased attack damage with main hand). The rest of the items are pretty self-explanatory.

One note on jewels : Get a "corrupted blood can't be inflicted on you" jewel with at least semi-useful stats so you don't need a Staunching flask and you can then slot another unique flask into your build.

Spoiler
Here is the one I found it's not amazing but at least i don't have only useless stats, good stats are going to be crazy expensive, this mediocre jewel was already 40c.

Atziri's promise is a good flask overall, Wise Oak is always good on elemental builds but requires you to switch your resistances around. Your uncapped lightning resistance must be highest or equally highest or it'll be useless. On a sidenote, I managed to have 83% on every uncapped resistance, and I love it, it basically means i take 10% less elemental damage while using the flask. However, it does restrict me a bit on gear as I gotta watch my resistances even more closely, so you don't have to do that if you don't want the hassle, just make sure your uncapped lightning res is highest. Apart from that, we've got a standard diamond flask with an attack speed bonus, and Rotgut for a nice silver+quicksilver combination while clearing maps (we're drowning in frenzy charges from Blood Rage anyways). Rotgut won't be super useful vs bosses as we can't generate frenzy charges on bosses easily (Two options that I can think of, Farrul's fur - very expensive - or a "Crit chance/Chance to gain a frenzy charge on critical strike" veiled suffix modifier on a quiver). And the last one, a seething divine flask of heat to avoid freezing.

So, now that the gear explanation is over, here comes the DPS explanation, and without further ado, here is my pob link : https://pastebin.com/8JVEjek9

If you import the build, do remember that you have to select the proper Barrage gem in the skills section, as when importing PoB consider that the barrage gem is the skill gem instead of the support gem.

For damage calculation, to make everything simpler, I use this handy tool https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mFVtWeKUAvKzjHhvs_elCpf3NdK312W3vot9upcbi84/edit#gid=0 (credit to /u/TheTykero on reddit).

Basically, open up PoB, import your build, deactivate Barrage, look at the "Average Damage" of your galvanic arrow, input that in the sheet as well as your attack rate and your number of projectiles (galvanic arrow adds 2 projectiles and we get one more from endless munitions so that's 4 projectiles) and you've got your Galvanic Arrow dps estimate. Now double it to get your true DPS estimate (since GA has two parts, cone + arrow, that deal the same amount of damage).

Spoiler
So, for me :
I get 130054 average damage, put that in the sheet, input a 5,49 attack rate, 4 projectiles, and get returned a (roughly) 1400k dps, so an effective dps of 2800k versus bosses.

There's a couple more details that I feel need a bit of explaining, I use Wave of Conviction with an added lightning damage support gem to inflict Exposure on enemies (-25% lightning resistance). Since PoB doesn't take that into account (or i didn't figure out how to make it take it into account), I manually modified my Marylene's Fallacy (any other gear will do the trick but that's the one I picked because i'm very unlikely to ever change it) to add two mods (you can see that in my pob) to take in account both the Exposure debuff and the damage bonus from ensnaring arrow ballistas (which isn't taken in account either for some obscure reason).

Anyways, it's a decent build, and it can scale pretty well. I'm probably going to buy Farrul's Fur soon-ish now that I have some currency, which with some skill tree changes and other fluff can probably boost the build to around 4-5 million boss dps. Sure, it's not the most OP bosskiller around, but it's a fun experience to tinker around with an unpopular skill.

Forgive me if the formatting isn't amazing, I'm not super used to posting on forums, so it might not look great. I did my best!

Thank you very much for damage formula link!

Did you try Inpulsa chest? Or Marylene's give similar effect?
@AziiRe, ty for build! I am just on t5-t6 maps. Levelling was not fun, awful metamorphs =/ But now it is safe and relaxing)

Current gear

Spoiler

Alpha's Howl is nice foe aura's and Inpulsa for explodings
Have about 200k damage with Chnams's link and 3k life
"
EVGrinch2 wrote:
Spoiler
"
Chnams wrote:
So, update is a little late, holidays were busy :D
Wall of text incoming.

Anyways, I'm still on t10-11s for now, haven't had that much time to play during the holidays, but the build is holding up just fine.

My current gear is the following :

So, turns out a lot of bows are good for this build. Windripper is always pretty nice, not too expensive (i got mine for like 30c), decent damage, IIQ is always good to have even on a non-MF build, and it has decent attack speed too (which is pretty important as barrage feels like shit on low AS). Apart from that, The Tempest is also a good budget contender, but according to pob it does gimp my dps by a bit. A good rare bow could potentially be an upgrade, but there aren't many rare bows that would be an upgrade from a unique without costing insane amounts. Quill Rain is also a good contender, as we hardly scale physical damage at all, and we love attack speed. Its 30% less damage modifier kind of hurts, but the HUGE projectile and attack speed bonuses more than makes up for it (according to pob, going from windripper to quill rain is "only" a 15% damage loss, so it's a good sidegrade)

Spoiler
For reference, this bow (in the spoiler) deals roughly the same amount of damage and cost me around 50c IIRC. Better bows might give more damage but will also be extremely expensive.

As far as stats go on a bow, since another user was asking, I think the most important stats are lightning damage, elemental penetration (or lightning penetration), attack speed, crit chance, crit multi, projectile speed (strictly QoL as it gives us no damage). Phys damage is always nice to have but having very low phys damage allows us to ignore phys reflect maps, and damage conversion is inefficient (GA converts only 50% of phys to lightning, so only 50% of our damage is going to be scaled by increased elemental/lightning damage).

For the torso, once again a lot of options, I went with Shroud as it's a relatively cheap option that gives us a lot of evasion and life, even a tiny bit of ES (even if it's lowered by Acrobatics, it's still a decent chunk of EHP). Hyrri's ire is a pure dps option with that juicy dodge, but it's quite expensive. Besides, cold damage is nice, but I'd rather scale lightning damage only, as I think it's unrealistic to expect freezing big bosses (and those are the most dangerous ones) due to how ailments and HP thresholds work. Besides, afaik metamorphs still can't be frozen, and we don't know when that bug will be fixed. Farrul's fur is totally our BiS, with free aspect of the cat which is absolutely nuts, and constant frenzy/power charge generation, which helps us a LOT against bosses, but it's also currently sitting at 12,5 ex for a 6L.

I chose Farrul's Bite as a helmet to get bonus crit chance and free blind on hit, which is invaluable as it gives us more evasion (and we don't have to grab it from an abyss jewel), as well as some added damage against blinded enemies, a good chunk of Eva/ES, and some resistance. Slotting in Aspect of the Cat will however require you to add some changes to the passive tree, that you can see in my PoB (i'll link it further down this post), but long story short, I switched some passives around to grab Charisma (which is on the way to the Shadow nodes), which with Aspect, Herald of Ice and Wrath leaves me at 12% unreserved mana, or 113 mana, which is more than enough.

Not much to explain about the rest of the gear, Marylene's Fallacy seems like the BiS for me according to PoB, but your mileage may vary. The best anointment is obviously Arcing Blows for that sweet lightning pen, but if you don't have the budget for it (the silver oil was like 36c last time i checked), you can settle for a much cheaper Longshot anointment (20% inc proj speed, damage, and a worse version of far shot) or Command of the Elements (4% elemental penetration and 24% increased elemental damage) or Ambidextry (50% increased attack damage with main hand). The rest of the items are pretty self-explanatory.

One note on jewels : Get a "corrupted blood can't be inflicted on you" jewel with at least semi-useful stats so you don't need a Staunching flask and you can then slot another unique flask into your build.

Spoiler
Here is the one I found it's not amazing but at least i don't have only useless stats, good stats are going to be crazy expensive, this mediocre jewel was already 40c.

Atziri's promise is a good flask overall, Wise Oak is always good on elemental builds but requires you to switch your resistances around. Your uncapped lightning resistance must be highest or equally highest or it'll be useless. On a sidenote, I managed to have 83% on every uncapped resistance, and I love it, it basically means i take 10% less elemental damage while using the flask. However, it does restrict me a bit on gear as I gotta watch my resistances even more closely, so you don't have to do that if you don't want the hassle, just make sure your uncapped lightning res is highest. Apart from that, we've got a standard diamond flask with an attack speed bonus, and Rotgut for a nice silver+quicksilver combination while clearing maps (we're drowning in frenzy charges from Blood Rage anyways). Rotgut won't be super useful vs bosses as we can't generate frenzy charges on bosses easily (Two options that I can think of, Farrul's fur - very expensive - or a "Crit chance/Chance to gain a frenzy charge on critical strike" veiled suffix modifier on a quiver). And the last one, a seething divine flask of heat to avoid freezing.

So, now that the gear explanation is over, here comes the DPS explanation, and without further ado, here is my pob link : https://pastebin.com/8JVEjek9

If you import the build, do remember that you have to select the proper Barrage gem in the skills section, as when importing PoB consider that the barrage gem is the skill gem instead of the support gem.

For damage calculation, to make everything simpler, I use this handy tool https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mFVtWeKUAvKzjHhvs_elCpf3NdK312W3vot9upcbi84/edit#gid=0 (credit to /u/TheTykero on reddit).

Basically, open up PoB, import your build, deactivate Barrage, look at the "Average Damage" of your galvanic arrow, input that in the sheet as well as your attack rate and your number of projectiles (galvanic arrow adds 2 projectiles and we get one more from endless munitions so that's 4 projectiles) and you've got your Galvanic Arrow dps estimate. Now double it to get your true DPS estimate (since GA has two parts, cone + arrow, that deal the same amount of damage).

Spoiler
So, for me :
I get 130054 average damage, put that in the sheet, input a 5,49 attack rate, 4 projectiles, and get returned a (roughly) 1400k dps, so an effective dps of 2800k versus bosses.

There's a couple more details that I feel need a bit of explaining, I use Wave of Conviction with an added lightning damage support gem to inflict Exposure on enemies (-25% lightning resistance). Since PoB doesn't take that into account (or i didn't figure out how to make it take it into account), I manually modified my Marylene's Fallacy (any other gear will do the trick but that's the one I picked because i'm very unlikely to ever change it) to add two mods (you can see that in my pob) to take in account both the Exposure debuff and the damage bonus from ensnaring arrow ballistas (which isn't taken in account either for some obscure reason).

Anyways, it's a decent build, and it can scale pretty well. I'm probably going to buy Farrul's Fur soon-ish now that I have some currency, which with some skill tree changes and other fluff can probably boost the build to around 4-5 million boss dps. Sure, it's not the most OP bosskiller around, but it's a fun experience to tinker around with an unpopular skill.

Forgive me if the formatting isn't amazing, I'm not super used to posting on forums, so it might not look great. I did my best!

Thank you very much for damage formula link!

Did you try Inpulsa chest? Or Marylene's give similar effect?

Inpulsa is pretty fun and good for AoE yeah, not the top single target chest but if all you want is to clear maps at lightning speed it's a good option, you should power through packs with no effort.
Help, what should be replaced now? It starts to seem to me that little damage.
I could not add my things here, but if it’s not difficult in my profile the character (siegesiegesiege)

Last edited by weragora1 on Jan 19, 2020, 8:12:49 PM
I used this build as my league starter and have pumped almost all my currency into it trying to push it as far as it can go. T16 maps and conquerors are no problem, I almost managed to kill Sirus on my first go but couldn't quite get him.

My gear:
Spoiler

Since I have Farrul's Fur, I switch out Assassin's Mark since I constantly have 3 power charges for Elemental Weakness. Gonna try to eventually 6 link the chest but getting 5 blue or white sockets on it is gonna be very difficult even if using the jewellers method. Probably will try the juiced up aura setup and get Herald of Thunder in there.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info