Totems' action speed cannot be modified below base value. What?

Halp, im stoopid. Its in the new Ballista Cluster near the ranger start (Watchtowers).

So what exactly is the "base" value for this action speed?

I get the Juggernaut node, because we have a base movement speed on the game, but here im confused.
Last bumped on Dec 13, 2019, 9:00:17 AM
base value is 1 (or 100% if you like)

action speed modifier affects speed of all characters animations. its a separate multiplier from attack speed, movement speed etc. The most common sources of slow are chill/freeze ailments and temporal chains curse. on the other end there are Tailwind or Acceleration Shrine
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on Dec 12, 2019, 3:58:04 PM
What I'm confused about is that totems use your modifiers, including your action speed. So does this modifier mean that chilling or freezing totems doesn't reduce their action speed, which it shouldn't because totems don't use their own modifiers, or that chilling or freezing you doesn't reduce your totems' action speed?
"
ekaye wrote:
What I'm confused about is that totems use your modifiers, including your action speed. So does this modifier mean that chilling or freezing totems doesn't reduce their action speed, which it shouldn't because totems don't use their own modifiers, or that chilling or freezing you doesn't reduce your totems' action speed?

This. I know what the "action speed cannot be modified blabla" thing does, but what exactly would be the Totems' base action speed? They use your attack/cast speed with buffs and debuffs included.
Yea, the wont be slowed by chill and freeze (freezes being mostly crits will oneshot them anyway), but .. whats the base?
"
ekaye wrote:
What I'm confused about is that totems use your modifiers, including your action speed.
This is incorrect.

Totems use your skills, which means any modifiers/values that are checked on skills will ultimately be coming from your stats. But totems are their own objects, and have their own stats.

Action Speed is an object-level stat. It's not checked on skills. Your action speed being modified affects the speed your object (character) takes actions. A totem's action speed does the same for it. This is why totems can be chilled/frozen independantly from you, for example (both of those ailments affect action speed).
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
ekaye wrote:
What I'm confused about is that totems use your modifiers, including your action speed.
This is incorrect.

Totems use your skills, which means any modifiers/values that are checked on skills will ultimately be coming from your stats. But totems are their own objects, and have their own stats.

Action Speed is an object-level stat. It's not checked on skills. Your action speed being modified affects the speed your object (character) takes actions. A totem's action speed does the same for it. This is why totems can be chilled/frozen independantly from you, for example (both of those ailments affect action speed).

Thanks for looking into this!

So would the "base" action (attack) speed of my [Split Arrow + Ballista support]-Totem be the AS of my bow times 0,5 (for 50% less for Ballista support)?
Im wondering how these two work together. Lets say player has Tailwind while the totem is chilled. are they multiplicative or do they stack? What would the Watchtowers mod do in this case?
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on Dec 12, 2019, 5:39:59 PM
"
Ludvator wrote:
Im wondering how these two work together. Lets say player has Tailwind while the totem is chilled. are they multiplicative or do they stack? What would the Watchtowers mod do in this case?

they dont interact at all.

YOU have tailwind, not your totem.
"
Thror2k5 wrote:
"
Ludvator wrote:

they dont interact at all.

YOU have tailwind, not your totem.
Sure they do. Tailwind also applies to nearby allies, and totems are allies.
I have a pretty good sense of humor. I'm not German.
"
aggromagnet wrote:
Sure they do. Tailwind also applies to nearby allies, and totems are allies.
Gathering Winds grants Tailwind to you and nearby allies, and it's possible your totems aren't nearby. In any case, since the stats apply at different levels (skill level versus object level), it would be hard for them to stack additively, much like increased Damage Taken is effectively a More multiplier for your damage. So I assume Action Speed multiplies with Attack/Cast Speed.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info