[3.14] Wizzzard's Toxic Rain Miner | Starter | Lategame is NERFED

"
nsantos06 wrote:
Can you give more options or information about the gears? I think i'll start with this build

nice joke
that guy (TheWizzzard) gave u in this thread all the info about all the stuff u should know, and gear section is pretty detailed aswell
u can't understand that this build can go with only rares on budget (he even told u the stats that should be on rares...) or u didnt noticed that he even showed the gear options in old leagues/general gear/expensive additions/super expensive gear?
Hey man. Good looking build and thanks for sharing the guide/detail here.

I played BL mines all last league (my first league) and have since starting heavy into PoE been interested in TR so I'm splitting the difference here thanks to a fondness for the mine playstyle.

A couple of questions here, as DPS is usually more than enough on good builds, I like to focus on the defensive side of things when thinking ahead, gearing, etc:

- What kind of life/ES pool/evasion rating (?) would be considered heavily tanky? For example, maybe levels that are sacrificing limited DPS for a greater return on the life/defensive side of things? I've reviewed a few TR builds on POE Ninja (don't think I found any lvl 100 TR mines) that ran over to the Scion life wheel, as what is popping into my head for this kind of setup.

- This may be a noob question, but is there any feasible way to run this LL? Granted the main 6L is in the weapon, I feel like there is flexibility on the chest piece (Shavs) but don't know enough about the overall tree layout/distances from good nodes to make an informed suggestion on whether or not this would even be worth attempting.

- Separately, how versatile is this build as is if interested in trying standard TR (sans mines)? Are we talking simple gem swaps or tree changes?

Thanks!
Hi! I'm returning after missing the past 2 leagues, and wanted to give this build a try.

My main question is about Trickster vs Saboteur, since that's a permanent decision, and I know from past experiences, that I typically don't have the time to do two builds in one league.

What I don't understand is why would the Trickster be faster? Attack and cast speed shouldn't do anything, right? And Trickster only gets 2% move speed over Saboteur. On the other hand, mine throwing speed and detonation speed should matter at least somewhat, right? I'm asking, because the last time I played mines was years ago, and I know they have been changed since, so I have no idea how impactful these things are now.

I'm definitely playing on softcore btw, so defensiveness is less of a factor, but I want to be able to clear maps quickly. So if there is some factor I'm missing, that would slow Saboteur down compared to Trickster, please someone educate me!
"
Damoklesz wrote:
My main question is about Trickster vs Saboteur, since that's a permanent decision,
Btw it's not permanent, but it costs ~40 regret orbs to respec + a lab run (can be the easiest one). So in case you're unhappy with ascendancy you don't have to remake the character. Only class is permanent (i.e. Shadow).
"
Viktranka wrote:
"
Damoklesz wrote:
My main question is about Trickster vs Saboteur, since that's a permanent decision,
Btw it's not permanent, but it costs ~40 regret orbs to respec + a lab run (can be the easiest one). So in case you're unhappy with ascendancy you don't have to remake the character. Only class is permanent (i.e. Shadow).

Thanks, I bet I knew that at some point, but I forgot.
"
tnich55 wrote:
Hey man. Good looking build and thanks for sharing the guide/detail here.

I played BL mines all last league (my first league) and have since starting heavy into PoE been interested in TR so I'm splitting the difference here thanks to a fondness for the mine playstyle.

A couple of questions here, as DPS is usually more than enough on good builds, I like to focus on the defensive side of things when thinking ahead, gearing, etc:

- What kind of life/ES pool/evasion rating (?) would be considered heavily tanky? For example, maybe levels that are sacrificing limited DPS for a greater return on the life/defensive side of things? I've reviewed a few TR builds on POE Ninja (don't think I found any lvl 100 TR mines) that ran over to the Scion life wheel, as what is popping into my head for this kind of setup.

- This may be a noob question, but is there any feasible way to run this LL? Granted the main 6L is in the weapon, I feel like there is flexibility on the chest piece (Shavs) but don't know enough about the overall tree layout/distances from good nodes to make an informed suggestion on whether or not this would even be worth attempting.

- Separately, how versatile is this build as is if interested in trying standard TR (sans mines)? Are we talking simple gem swaps or tree changes?

Thanks!

The scion wheel is needed, if you go saboteur, because he doesnt have a good way of going hybrid. As Trickster you can go hybrid and get to 7k total defense 4.5k+ life and 2.5k es fairly decent. If you invest more 8k total should be doable aswell, without sacrificing too much.
I am running with about 20k evasion with a jade flask, but you can aim a bit higher.

ll isnt a noob question, i thought about it and even did some theorycrafting, but in the end there is ZERO damage profit there, since its not a spell and cant profit from pain atunement. It can however be more tanky that way. Es is usually alot more expensive and involves crafting gear yourself.

The build isnt made for switching between normal and mines setup, since the scaling is quite different. In the normal version you need ALOT of attackspeed, and with that a different type of bow. You can however build this character for more damage, more defense or more clear speed.
Id say the build is versatile in that it can do almost all the content in the game. Some end game bosses need more investment tho and uber elder is tough beat.

If you have more questions, you can also dm me on discord, i usually answer more quickly there.

"
Damoklesz wrote:
Hi! I'm returning after missing the past 2 leagues, and wanted to give this build a try.

My main question is about Trickster vs Saboteur, since that's a permanent decision, and I know from past experiences, that I typically don't have the time to do two builds in one league.

What I don't understand is why would the Trickster be faster? Attack and cast speed shouldn't do anything, right? And Trickster only gets 2% move speed over Saboteur. On the other hand, mine throwing speed and detonation speed should matter at least somewhat, right? I'm asking, because the last time I played mines was years ago, and I know they have been changed since, so I have no idea how impactful these things are now.

I'm definitely playing on softcore btw, so defensiveness is less of a factor, but I want to be able to clear maps quickly. So if there is some factor I'm missing, that would slow Saboteur down compared to Trickster, please someone educate me!

On the question saboteur vs trickster i am super biased, since i am a trickster fanboi....BUT
Trickster has the FAT more damage over time and lots of regen while killing things. On top he gets movementspeed. That makes him great for mapping and zooming in general. He also gets to go hybrid for alot of defense.

The saboteur has some mine quality of life stuff, but in the end, less defense and not more damage. He does however get regen while NOT killing things, just detonating mines, which makes him a bit better at boss fights. His defense is usually life and dodge based and has to path to the scion life wheel. Also on the saboteur the uber lab doesnt give you anything good.
"
nsantos06 wrote:
Can you give more options or information about the gears? I think i'll start with this build

Hey man! Glad to hear, that you want to check out this build.
In the guide i have a gear section, where i go over each slot and also have a bunch of full characters as a showcase.
You should find multiple choices for each gear slot to find one that is to your liking.
Hi there, great guide, looking forward to trying mines finally. As I have never played mines before I have no idea how to progress through the skill tree to make mines feel good vs defenses. From looking at the 3.9 level tree, should i first head upwards to Saboteur, Growth and Decay, Written in Blood, or downwards to Method to the Madness, Revenge of the Hunted, and maybe continue on to Blood Drinker, Clever Construction?

Also should I skip Efficient Explosives until later or will I the mana reservation reduction?

I guess the top left and bottom right of the tree will be done last.

A little help with this would go a big way for me, as I like to plan these things before the league starts :)
"
dookleeto wrote:
Hi there, great guide, looking forward to trying mines finally. As I have never played mines before I have no idea how to progress through the skill tree to make mines feel good vs defenses. From looking at the 3.9 level tree, should i first head upwards to Saboteur, Growth and Decay, Written in Blood, or downwards to Method to the Madness, Revenge of the Hunted, and maybe continue on to Blood Drinker, Clever Construction?

Also should I skip Efficient Explosives until later or will I the mana reservation reduction?

I guess the top left and bottom right of the tree will be done last.

A little help with this would go a big way for me, as I like to plan these things before the league starts :)

Hey, filling out the tree is pretty balanced overall, there is nothing that you have to defenitly take early.
The only thing that comes to mind is, that the es nodes are only really good, after you have the 2 most right ascendencies, befor that just get the life nodes. Focus on life/damage and grab the jewel nodes later. Grab the frenzies when you switch to charged mines! This will usually be a bit later while leveling. You can try to switch early aswell, charged mines is alot quality of life.
The best damage is arguably atrophy. And the efficient explosives got a nice buff this patch and is worth considering even early.

Overall you cant really go wrong here.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info