[3.24] Frostbolt/Ice Nova Hierophant | 100m DPS | All Content

Sry 4 the question but i cant find my mistake .... What gives you constant Power Charges? The only thing i see is "Whirling Barrier" and thats far away from reliable ... :(
Arcinde, regarding cluster jewels you posted in the guide. I was also looking into them and I think the way to go is the following :

large one (with 8 passives and 2 sockets) --> 2 medium ones --> 2 small if needed. (jevel must be minimum ilv 75 to roll 2 sockets)

Almost all of our big dps passives are from medium.

In my opinion this is how it should be done.
IGN: Summonium
"
Arcinde wrote:
Spoiler

[3.10] My notes & adjustments so far:
* I ended up removing the Written in Blood / Doom Cast section in order to fund the passives for the Cluster Jewels.
* Take a look a my Cluster Jewels:

I think this is a really good setup. My feeling right now is that Large/Small Cluster Jewels aren't worth using, but I could be wrong.
* I took Wicked Ward. It's temporary until we get ES leech from Heart of Ice.
* Once we get Glorious Vanity this league we'll have to put it in the socket near Pain Attunement, since the outer sockets will be reserved for cluster jewels.

Introduction:
Hi friends. I've been playing Ice Nova for a while now and wanted to share my build with you all. It's a very well rounded build with high single target DPS and EHP.

Pros:
+ 20-30m+ Shaper DPS
+ 12k Effective HP
+ Up to 88% Attack Avoid Ch.
+ Up to 67% Spell Avoid Ch.
+ Clears all endgame content
+ Great for killing bosses
+ Budget version is still powerful

Cons:
- Clear speed is decent but unexceptional
- Budget build is cheap, but further upgrades are expensive
- Requires pressing 2+ buttons

Video Showcase:
Original (3.8): https://youtu.be/ksmSPvk8ya0
Sequel (3.9): https://youtu.be/HYYGIZNea6g

Detailed Guide (READ THE NOTES AT THE BOTTOM for extra info):
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1f0BIz04pkqmuwKXZYwdTbemV4Kj9LuClSV2vF4Malx8/edit

How to see slide notes if "Some tools might be unavailable due to heavy traffic in this file":
Spoiler
At bottom left:

PoB for League Start:
* League Start: https://pastebin.com/cd7e9jVy
* NOTE * This is a snapshot of my current character at 3.10 league start (Level 91, 2-3 days into the league). The gear is worth around 2 ex (cheaper than the stuff in Budget Build). For best results, use LocalIdentity's fork of PoB.

Path of Building (I recommend the Budget Build league start into Premium Build endgame):
* Budget Build: https://pastebin.com/bw0VKUnC
* Standard Build: https://pastebin.com/45TaWGtH
* Delve Build: https://pastebin.com/y91p7Zbv
* Premium Build: https://pastebin.com/07QQPJT7
* NOTE * These have not yet been updated with my 3.10 Cluster Jewel recommendations or the new location for Glorious Vanity (it's near Pain Attunement now).

Original Reddit thread:
https://old.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/e9dmk9/39_the_perfect_ice_nova_1m_37s_uber_elder_1100/

Changelog:
Spoiler
2020-03-16: Updated the League Start PoB with a slightly more optimized setup. Fixed "Standard Build - Items" slide notes with updates to Glorious Vanity location and Helmet crafting.
2020-03-15: Added a PoB for League Start from my actual character. This is even more budget than the budget build and represents actual early character progression.
2020-03-12: Updated slides and Budget/Premium Build PoB for 3.10. Other builds coming soon.
2020-01-15: Updated slides with more info about Conqueror Slams, Cinderswallow Urn, full PoB config options, Zealotry, Frostbite/Ele. Weakness
2020-01-10: Fixed an issue with the Premium Build PoB.
2020-01-09: Added new 3.9 showcase video. Updated slides with more streamlined layout of build variants & gem setup. Added Smoke Mine. Replaced 6L 4-offcolor body armour recommendation with an easier setup. Added Premium Build info (Farrul's/Tailwind). Other miscellaneous fixes.
2019-12-23: Updated slides with detailed info about Ice Nova support gems, including Awakened gems and swap setups for ailment immunity maps.
2019-12-11: Updated slides with more info on budget build / league starting / leveling.

Hi Arcinde, I have been following this build and I'm really glad with it it is a pretty good build and super fun because it is not a "Push 1 button to win".

And I have 3 questions
One I already know the answer but I just wanna be sure, when using Pledge of Hands that it already have Spell Echo (Greater Spell Echo) it does work with also using Supporter Spell Echo right? at first I thought that because you have one you don't need the other but they stack right?.

Now the one that I really dont know the answer, almost by accident I made a 3B1G setup on my gloves.
Flame Dash - Faster Casting - Second Wind - Frost Bomb.
The idea was to just keep faster Casting and Second Wind both for Flame Dash but I really that Second Wind also affect Frost Bomb and I can actually put 2 Frost Bombs, do u know if the effect of that stacks? I mean the Cold Exposure, because if that's the case I feel that it is quite good of a setup, either way it helps covering more area and the faster casting to put it really fast inbetween ice nova cast.

Last is the use of Frozen Trail, is this helping me or the opposite?, obviously Frostbolt is faster so it feels faster clearing, but sometimes I have some problems to hit melee range enemies, and aparently the 2 extra Frostbolts are not actually using Ice Nova, have u already tried this jewel? I mean it's a quest reward.

Best Regards and keep up the great work here!
Indestructible, determination that is incorruptible
From the other side, a terror to behold
Annihilation will be unavoidable, every broken enemy will know
That their opponent had to be invincible, take a last look around while you're alive
I'm an indestructible master of war
"
Eranicus wrote:
Arcinde, regarding cluster jewels you posted in the guide. I was also looking into them and I think the way to go is the following :

large one (with 8 passives and 2 sockets) --> 2 medium ones --> 2 small if needed. (jevel must be minimum ilv 75 to roll 2 sockets)

Woah, there is nothing like that in the trade site.

One with Prismatic and Blanketed, 12 passives 1 jewel is being selled for 2 chaos but one with 2 jewel and 11 passives at 10 exalted, nothing like that one it could be really hard to get.
Indestructible, determination that is incorruptible
From the other side, a terror to behold
Annihilation will be unavoidable, every broken enemy will know
That their opponent had to be invincible, take a last look around while you're alive
I'm an indestructible master of war
"
exploder wrote:
I have 3 questions
One I already know the answer but I just wanna be sure, when using Pledge of Hands that it already have Spell Echo (Greater Spell Echo) it does work with also using Supporter Spell Echo right? at first I thought that because you have one you don't need the other but they stack right?.

yes they stack.

"
exploder wrote:

Now the one that I really dont know the answer, almost by accident I made a 3B1G setup on my gloves.
Flame Dash - Faster Casting - Second Wind - Frost Bomb.
The idea was to just keep faster Casting and Second Wind both for Flame Dash but I really that Second Wind also affect Frost Bomb and I can actually put 2 Frost Bombs, do u know if the effect of that stacks? I mean the Cold Exposure, because if that's the case I feel that it is quite good of a setup, either way it helps covering more area and the faster casting to put it really fast inbetween ice nova cast.

no, from the wiki:
Multiple applications of the same exposure do not stack, only the largest value is applied.

"
exploder wrote:

Last is the use of Frozen Trail, is this helping me or the opposite?, obviously Frostbolt is faster so it feels faster clearing, but sometimes I have some problems to hit melee range enemies, and aparently the 2 extra Frostbolts are not actually using Ice Nova, have u already tried this jewel? I mean it's a quest reward.

you kinda answered yourself. it's a matter of preference.
"
exploder wrote:
"
Eranicus wrote:

Woah, there is nothing like that in the trade site.

One with Prismatic and Blanketed, 12 passives 1 jewel is being selled for 2 chaos but one with 2 jewel and 11 passives at 10 exalted, nothing like that one it could be really hard to get.

I crafted it myself, the important one is Blanketed passive , all other possible passives are just a bonus.
IGN: Summonium
"
Dragomirov wrote:
Has anyone done some testing to see if a build variant incorporating Archmage (and maybe Arcane cloak) would work?

Trying to see if we could replicate the dynamics explained here for this build.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ef_fMhIMRI

Obviously it would imply a bit of rework and less Ice nova manual spam. I guess more of a sniper gameplay where you try to align the perfect FB/Ice Nova and unleash the massive dps. Might be good for single target. Or Delve.

It's not really feasible in this build.

We scale cold pen/cold damage, it does added lightning.
Arcane cloak (I tested it) but the damage buff isn't noticible and the losing 50% of my mana every now and then effects the 60% MOM on hit we can take before we take dmg.

Hey, I have a little problem with this build and I hope someone can help me because I dont understand how I can go further with it.

I can clear without any problem every T16, even with delirium. My Clearspeed is more than ok, but my problem comes from the dps. I can kill all Shaper/elder guardian but its really slow. Really not nearly as fast as expected.

At the moment, I really don't think you can say that my build is a bosskiller, I would like to know how to improve this.

Seriously, I spent several hours analyzing the pob without knowing exactly where I made a mistake. And currently, I don't know what I could improve on my build

If I believe poeninja, I am 11th in terms of dps, but when I look at other people's stuff, I have the impression that mine is much better

I must have missed something important. That's all I can see.

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/Soraliste/Soraliste_FBIN?i=10&search=class%3DHierophant%26item%3DPledge-of-Hands%26skill%3DIce-Nova%26sort%3Ddps

Sorry for any grammatical errors, English is not my 1st language.
Yeah, a Large Cluster Jewel with Blanketed Snow and 2 jewel sockets seems pretty good. I also just noticed "Added Small Passive Skills also grant: x% increased Attack and Cast Speed with Cold Skills." If you could get a Large Cluster Jewel, 8-9 passives, Blanketed Snow, 2 Jewel Sockets, Atk/Cast Speed with Cold it would be absolutely NUTS for this build.

For league start Power Charge generation is only on-kill from ascendancy and Assassin's Mark ring. To get uptime on bosses we need Skyforth or Farrul's Fur.
I feel like i lack alot of damage, i dont struggle with clearing (even tho it may be bad sometimes), but bosskilling is kind of awful (big targets like Kitava in belfry die pretty fast tho).I dont expect oneshots all the time,but 20sec bossfights seem weird. I have 6l Pledge + Pandemonius + Frostbite Ring + etc. PoB shows 500k Shaper DPS but i dont really feel it on maps. Currently on t13-15
But is there also i chance i could be asking for too much this early in the league?
Last edited by DiaKarma on Mar 17, 2020, 6:00:51 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info