[3.24] Frostbolt/Ice Nova Hierophant | 100m DPS | All Content

"
Nekondas wrote:
in why Awakened Cold Penetration instead of Controlled Destruction? When i put your profile to PoB (as it is without Glorious Vanity stats) both gems (5/20 vs 20/20) give similar DPS so what's the reason?

I think we already have CD in our setup :P. Cold pen is to replace hypothermia.
What parts of the tree should I prioritize while leveling?
Hello guys,

Thanks a lot for the build ! I'm having a blast playing it !

I'm currently doing really well in T15 / T16 and not having any big issues.

I'm however not sure on what kind of piece i should upgrade first, i know about Farrul's Fur + Tailwind combo but i don't have the currency for it yet.
So if anyone knowing well the build could try to explain me which piece of gear I should get to upgrade my DPS it would be really nice !

Here is my pob link : https://pastebin.com/6Udpdiw8

Thanks a lot and have a good evening/day everyone !

Aspect of the cat was best upgrade so far. Now it is time to farm for curse on hit gem for double curse with frostbolt
IGN: Summonium
Man those elusive + tailwind boots are sick. Wish I was that rich to mirror them. Elusive by itself is good in its own right...10% attack/spell dodge + 20% movement speed on average. I have currency to blow but I'm wavering between saving it and blowing it on awakened gems. The rare gems are just way too rare.
Do you guys have any switch for big boss and mapping ?
Do you use the frostbolt treshold jewel or maybe aoe (instead of conc) in staff setup ?
I also guess gloves with either +30% cast speed (when focused) or 35-50% increased Damage with Hits against Chilled Enemies are mods that are good for this build ?
-Nerf
"
robin_nerf wrote:
Do you guys have any switch for big boss and mapping ?
Do you use the frostbolt treshold jewel or maybe aoe (instead of conc) in staff setup ?
I also guess gloves with either +30% cast speed (when focused) or 35-50% increased Damage with Hits against Chilled Enemies are mods that are good for this build ?

No need for AOE even with conc, whole screen die.
IGN: Summonium
I was able to get Thaumaturgical Aptitude (35%/45%) and Revitalizing Frost (35%) on the nodes by the top jewel slot. Getting Thaumaturgical Aptitude and the damage/pen nodes on those two slots seems like a 1/500 (or more?) rare outcome if the nodes are really random. Should I be satisfied with what I got or look for one that hits the one good node on the lower jewel slot?

Feeling point starved. Would you make the trade of 8% life/8% chaos resist on two points for 26% mana/10 mana/5 mana per kill or 28% mana/20 int/20 mana regen rate?

Trading the life for the 28% mana nodes loses me 143 life, 8% chaos resist for 378 mana and 95 ES.
"
"
Nekondas wrote:
in why Awakened Cold Penetration instead of Controlled Destruction? When i put your profile to PoB (as it is without Glorious Vanity stats) both gems (5/20 vs 20/20) give similar DPS so what's the reason?

I think we already have CD in our setup :P. Cold pen is to replace hypothermia.

According to item he pasted he is running both awakened cold pen and awakened added cold, instead of hypothermia and controlled destruction. That's why I am asking :)

Awakened added cold is dps gain over hypothermia - I will be running it like this when I level it to 5/20. Cold pen is just 2ex replacement for controlled destruction you have to level first and according to PoB no dps gain.
Last edited by Nekondas on Dec 26, 2019, 4:53:56 AM
can someone please advise on what to upgrade next? my damage is good, but I'm nowhere near some of you guys when I just import pure char in PoB I have 147k Ice Nova DPS and some of you have 500k+ :S

I'm confused. Thanks for looking for those who have time and did look! :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info