[3.24] Frostbolt/Ice Nova Hierophant | 100m DPS | All Content

Can someone explain to me why the PoB says Ice Nova is putting out 1.5 million, but the guide says it gets 20+ million?

Not accusing, just wondering what PoB is getting wrong
Finished getting all 36 challenges using the budget version of the build, pretty much everything was faceroll and fun to play. Thanks for the guide!
"
kireek wrote:
Finished getting all 36 challenges using the budget version of the build, pretty much everything was faceroll and fun to play. Thanks for the guide!

Bottled Faith and Pandemonius is the BUDGET version?

15ex for just those two. Another 6ex for the 6L weapon.

How is this budget?
"
Kurnis wrote:

Bottled Faith and Pandemonius is the BUDGET version?

15ex for just those two. Another 6ex for the 6L weapon.

How is this budget?

Pandemonius was bought after I finished the challenges just to check if the damage boost is worth even while using Kaom Roots (wanted to see in-game difference and not just the PoB stats). My other amulet used during at least 90% of my mapping / bossing was this one

Bottled Faith actually dropped from the Cortex boss and is not really necessary at all, using even a
was more than enough to destroy pretty much all normal boss encounters and metamorphs. Just swapped to it since I got it as a lucky drop.

When I referred to the budget version, if you check the guide with the detailed guide on the Google Docs, it is pretty much what the Budget section says it is (Kaom, rare armor, pledge of hands with 6L as the last step). I'm not using the Skyforth/Perfect Form/Glorious Vanity/Watcher's Eye and Pandemonius variation. The build worked so well for me with the "basic" version that there was no need to change to the default one afterwards.
Just killed Sirus with 2 deaths. The build really has very little to do with the fight, no major modifications are necessary. My suggestions: (1) use Ryslatha pantheon, (2) have a Corrupted Blood jewel, (3) make sure anti-freeze is on your mana flask so you'll always have it up in emergencies.

The main difficulty is just that the fight is very unintuitive and you need to watch a strategy video or three to understand what is going on. Plus there's the stairs blocking maze bug. I was able to survive failing the maze on Awakening Level 4 but probably wouldn't on 8.

"
Kurnis wrote:
If you ditch Skyforth for the Tailwind boots, how do you deal with stuns?

Brine King pantheon would be the main defense. It's not perfect but it should be sufficient. You can also consider the boot enchant (80% avoid stun if killed recently) or veiled flask suffix craft (50% avoid stun).

Edit: For Sirus, one thing to consider is adding a non-CWDT Steelskin. It's possible this could allow you to always tank the maze. I'm not sure how much damage it will do at Awakening 8.
Last edited by Arcinde on Dec 24, 2019, 6:22:35 PM
"
Arcinde wrote:
Just killed Sirus with 2 deaths. The build really has very little to do with the fight, no major modifications are necessary. My suggestions: (1) use Ryslatha pantheon, (2) have a Corrupted Blood jewel, (3) make sure anti-freeze is on your mana flask so you'll always have it up in emergencies.

The main difficulty is just that the fight is very unintuitive and you need to watch a strategy video or three to understand what is going on. Plus there's the stairs blocking maze bug. I was able to survive failing the maze on Awakening Level 4 but probably wouldn't on 8.

"
Kurnis wrote:
If you ditch Skyforth for the Tailwind boots, how do you deal with stuns?

Brine King pantheon would be the main defense. It's not perfect but it should be sufficient. You can also consider the boot enchant (80% avoid stun if killed recently) or veiled flask suffix craft (50% avoid stun).

Edit: For Sirus, one thing to consider is adding a non-CWDT Steelskin. It's possible this could allow you to always tank the maze. I'm not sure how much damage it will do at Awakening 8.

Pretty sure his damage isn't affected by the awakening but only life (3% more per awakening level). I didn't notice a difference in damage between lvl 1 / 4 / 8. Also you could get more life flasks and use the minor pantheon giving 3 charges every 3 seconds, it helps a lot in the fight. Major pantheon Arakaali is also azaming to take advantage of the degen grounds. Decoy totem will also taunt most his beams. Also there's a way to setup him to always guarantee you don't fight him in stairs.

This video teach you lots of stuff about the fight, and using the same strategy at 2:06, 4:10 and finally at 6:18 you can always guarantee the fight to happen in the middle of the arena. Basically, you don't move the storms but you lure a bit Sirus then go under him and he'll push away the storms automatically.
Last edited by ploxirion on Dec 24, 2019, 6:32:25 PM
This build looks really interesting, would I be able to give it a fair go with ~1ex?
Holy moly my damage has gone through the roof with tailwind boots and farrul's fur + aspect of the cat.

Sure, less survivability, but we are playing softcore overall, hah. Only thing that kills me ocasionally is legion encounters, when I play too offensively.

Killing Metamorphs T16 in 1.5 seconds, bosses die before I even try to position myself. Decoy totem is great for Metamorphs btw, since it keeps them in place for a second, until they die.

With this setup you have so much more freedom regarding you resistances, you can put on sick dps jewellery.

Thanks you man, this league has been so fun for me so far, and this build has been a huge part of it. Merry Christmas!
Switched from my Deadeye Ice Shot as she was too squishy for my taste and got this build going in a day.

I can say it should be called "The Bulldozer" as it just destroys everything in its path.

Can you guys please make suggestions on what to upgrade next in terms of gear?

I know I have to get a new helm, hopefully I'll snatch a good base with Ice Nova damage cheaper, but I doubt it. I'll try just any good new helm soonish.

But other than that? I can survive and kill T16 corrupted, but I struggle with bosses, they do take a while to kill - as in - I don't kill them in the first salvo (even with cold snap + frost bomb).

Any suggestions guys? I plan to buy jewels soonish too, just gotta level for jewel slots.
Last edited by shabanotti on Dec 24, 2019, 8:33:30 PM
Is there any kind of leveling progress/tree progression for this? I know there's a POB tree, but I have trouble choosing what to go for first and having a guide to go by would really help. Also, what skills would be best to use till the switch?
Last edited by CyberMike13 on Dec 24, 2019, 8:48:46 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info