[3.24] Frostbolt/Ice Nova Hierophant | 100m DPS | All Content

Build is great so far, just a question for the people doing max awaken lvl t16s, how is your tankiness so far? I feel that it's already super hard to get 1 shot without the 10% mom watcher's eye and instead a regain 10% of mana watchers along with crusader's prefix slammed ring for life gain on hit by spells would give an insane amount of instant life/mana healing for some reliable sustain later on
"
"
vegeto079 wrote:
It basically guarantees not getting killed by anything but a 1-shot during mapping since you always have a leech stack reserved.

Leech stacks DO NOT protect against one shots.

yeah thats what I said, soul tether leech protects you from anything but a 1 shot..
Last edited by vegeto079 on Dec 23, 2019, 9:39:20 PM
"
vegeto079 wrote:
"
"
vegeto079 wrote:
It basically guarantees not getting killed by anything but a 1-shot during mapping since you always have a leech stack reserved.

Leech stacks DO NOT protect against one shots.

yeah thats what I said, soul tether leech protects you from anything but a 1 shot..

Derp...misread sorry
Hi everyone, sorry I've neglected to check on this thread. Although I see we have a lot of veteran players answering questions here which is great.

I just updated the slides with a bunch of info about Ice Nova supports in 3.9, including relative DPS of Awakened supports and setups for ailment immune setups.

I was pretty surprised (and annoyed) to find that the 100% ailment avoidance map mod also excludes chilled ground so there is literally no way to chill enemies in such maps. For this reason I now recommend using Cold Penetration Support instead of Hypothermia. You can find more elaborate gem swap setups in the slides. (You still lose damage in these maps but not as much. BTW, don't bother casting Cold Snap in these maps, it literall)

I've been thinking more about this build and I want to try a setup with Farrul's Fur and boots with Tailwind on Crit. This setup will have more DPS and speed but slightly less defenses. The Tailwind mod is so insanely broken that I have to try to incorporate it.
Last edited by Arcinde on Dec 23, 2019, 11:55:13 PM
I have tailwind boots and its super broken. A good one is more expensive than skyforth though. I might try out farrul far
Last edited by vechh on Dec 23, 2019, 11:43:05 PM
"
Arcinde wrote:
Hi everyone, sorry I've neglected to check on this thread. Although I see we have a lot of veteran players answering questions here which is great.

I just updated the slides with a bunch of info about Ice Nova supports in 3.9, including relative DPS of Awakened supports and setups for ailment immune setups.

I was pretty surprised (and annoyed) to find that the 100% ailment avoidance map mod also excludes chilled ground so there is literally no way to chill enemies in such maps. For this reason I now recommend using Cold Penetration Support instead of Hypothermia. You can find more elaborate gem swap setups in the slides. (You still lose damage in these maps but not as much. BTW, don't bother casting Cold Snap in these maps, it literall)

I've been thinking more about this build and I want to try a setup with Farrul's Fur and boots with Tailwind on Crit. This setup will have more DPS and speed but slightly less defenses. The Tailwind mod is so insanely broken that I have to try to incorporate it.

So Inspiration Support is out?
"
Arcinde wrote:

So the most optimal would be to use AW Cont. Dest + AW Added cold for any maps without any gem swaps ?
IGN: Summonium
Welp, Awakener is the stupidest fight I've ever experienced in all my years gaming. badly designed, confusing and frustrating. Room fills with pools, no idea where to go, dead, rinse repeat till all portals gone.

The Awakener him self is simple; Dodge his beams, dont stand in bad, dps him. But the pools make ZERO sense. There's no indication of wtf is going on or where you're supposed to go.
I had him down to 30% hp. As far as I'm concerned he didn't kill me, the pools which make no sense did.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Dec 24, 2019, 3:30:36 AM
"
Eranicus wrote:
"
Arcinde wrote:

So the most optimal would be to use AW Cont. Dest + AW Added cold for any maps without any gem swaps ?

That's what I'm using since a few days since I was a bit annoyed at ailments avoid maps. Although if you have spare ex you should use Aw. Cold Pen + Aw. CD and slot Aw. Added cold damage to your second set of weapons till level 5. Aw Cold Pen will give more DPS than Aw Added cold since the +1 level to cold gem is only on the level 5. But I'm lazy and kept going with it on my main setup.
"
Arcinde wrote:

I am using it right now. Works like a charm.
Last edited by Moethelion on Dec 24, 2019, 11:20:39 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info