[3.24] Frostbolt/Ice Nova Hierophant | 100m DPS | All Content

I'm really not a good player so every critic is pretty welcome :)" Lol headhunter, level 97 3 gems in POH that are awekened nah you are really poor player...
Headhunter cost me 35 C … with Valkyrie cards and i had some nice drops ( 1 doctor for exemple ). there are many ways to get one if you're Lucky : https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/headhunter-guide-delirium-310
It's my second HH in 5 years of POE

I am not good at creating build but i"ve been playing for 5 years and i have some basis on how to generate currencies.

but that's not my question ; what do you think about my CWDT setup ?
You are relying on taking damage in order to amplify your own damage, which is a pretty huge flaw for this build. Just push two more buttons and stop being lazy.
While it's definitely better to self cast, I wouldn't call using a cwdt setup for frost bomb or cold snap a huge flaw unless your gear is sub-par.

I've been using it all league and melt everything fairly easily.
Even before a 2 curse setup. As long as your gear is up to snuff, the dps will be there either way.

Nail on head though cuz it is a lazy man's set up. May swap to self cast but i don't honestly need it.
Last edited by Dissever on Apr 7, 2020, 12:31:12 PM
Frost Bomb and Cold Snap are in the setup for bosses (or max delirium T16s, etc.)

When you are saying "wow this boss/this pack is taking a long time to die, I wish I had more damage!" That is your sign to cast Cold Snap and Frost Bomb. On the other hand when you are in maps, zooming at 250% movespeed, pressing a single Frostbolt -> Ice Nova and everything dies, there is not much point to cast them.

The Intensity medium notable is an option that I considered early on but I later felt that the less area of effect makes it not worth using.
Thanks for all your comments !

I will keep my CWDT setup for mapping ans especially for mining because its smart when CS is autocasted when i take some dmg.

I will also make CS 20/20 and FB 20/20 setup for bosses ( and ofc replace CWDT by increased duration)

BTW, i think putting FB and CS in a 6L allow these 2 skills to benefits the same support gems.
Anyone have any idea on how this build gets defenses? The powerpoint mentions 88% atk avoidance and 67% spell avoidance...before Vaal Grace. I'm assuming he means Dodge. In PoB for the standard build, however, there is 0 atk dodge and 0 spell dodge, and block amounts only in the 20s. I went from never dying on T14s with my own, Purifying Flame build and rarely dying on T16s, to so far with this build I'm getting chunked and Dying on T13-14. What am I missing?
Trying to craft the tailwind boots from the guide in the full powerpoint guide, I've eaten through all my currency buying the beast to make an imprint, is there a better way to do this? I can't buy these boots anywhere nobody is selling them. Am I doing it wrong? I alt crafted t1 life onto ilv80 two-toned boots, and then imprint/regal until I get tailwind suffix right? Boots are Hunter influence by the way. POEcraft simulation gives me about a 1/500 chance, which could be hundreds of exalts spent on the beasts until I get the right mod.
Last edited by Spencerd3 on Apr 7, 2020, 9:05:55 PM
"
Spencerd3 wrote:
Trying to craft the tailwind boots from the guide in the full powerpoint guide, I've eaten through all my currency buying the beast to make an imprint, is there a better way to do this? I can't buy these boots anywhere nobody is selling them. Am I doing it wrong? I alt crafted t1 life onto ilv80 two-toned boots, and then imprint/regal until I get tailwind suffix right? Boots are Hunter influence by the way. POEcraft simulation gives me about a 1/500 chance, which could be hundreds of exalts spent on the beasts until I get the right mod.

Honestly, I prefer tailwind/elu boots that you can multimod after (look at my profile for my boots). Easier to craft, speedier, and elusive is nice defensively as well. The only tradeoff is lack of freeze immunity, but meh, a flask fixes that.
"
"
Spencerd3 wrote:

Honestly, I prefer tailwind/elu boots that you can multimod after (look at my profile for my boots). Easier to craft, speedier, and elusive is nice defensively as well. The only tradeoff is lack of freeze immunity, but meh, a flask fixes that.

Care to explain how to craft those bad boys? Get a base with either Tailwind/Elusive and then awakener's orb the other mod onto them? How did you isolate the two mods? Get lucky?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info