Have a look at a Metamorph-specific unique ring!

If arcane surge doesn't enable duration support gems then why does something like rf, which doesn't have a duration, only get affected by duration supports like swift affliction when supported by arcane surge?
There's no powercreep here. Creep implies it's slow and could be overlooked, this is a full out sprint.
"
cpurdy777 wrote:
If arcane surge doesn't enable duration support gems then why does something like rf, which doesn't have a duration, only get affected by duration supports like swift affliction when supported by arcane surge?
Probably because Arcane Surge Support adds an actual duration to the skill, which is what Swift Affliction looks for, not because it adds the Duration tag (which it apparently doesn't).

I see some of the Nova spells you listed are triggered (the glove enchantments, for example). Will the ring also cause those to occur wherever the cursor happens to be when they're triggered, or does it only work with spells when cast?
Last edited by ekaye on Dec 11, 2019, 6:07:11 PM
i wonder if spell cascade discharge would apply the dmg of 1 blast to all the discharges. that'd be a x2.4 discharge dmg multiplier if can get all 3 to overlap, ehh but then again no other reliable charge generation except volls chest.

well i guess there is shroud of lightless doedre flask discharge.
if can get a synthesis reduced flask charges mod + suffix roll + tree reduced flask charge mods, that 70% reduced flask charges used, surely enough charges there to burst down any boss if the cascaded blasts work as if you've spent charges.
Last edited by SIQI on Dec 11, 2019, 6:24:10 PM
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
It interacts with spells which have the new "Nova" tag, which is for AoE spells that non-directionally target an area centred on the caster, such as Ice Nova, Shock Nova or Discharge, and others of that ilk.

Since some of them don't have gems you can see tags on, here is the full list of current Nova spells in PoE:
  • Ice Nova
  • Vaal Ice Nova
  • Discharge
  • Shock Nova
  • Vortex
  • Vaal Blight
  • Dark Pact
  • Shock Ground
  • Glimpse of Eternity
  • Feast of Flesh
  • Arcane Wake
  • Word/Edict/Decree/Commandment of Tempest
  • Word/Edict/Decree/Commandment of Flames
  • Word/Edict/Decree/Commandment of Thunder

With this description for nova spells, i could say orb of storm is a nova spell, and yet i dont get why its not included. Same for frostbomb

But since u will tag as "nova" i have no problems with that
"
bolt315 wrote:
What is the interaction with triggered nova spells? Can we assume they will also be casted at the cursor's location? or perhaps the location of where the triggering critical hit occurred?
In general, triggered skills are targeted at the location of the trigger event. There is a bias away from the player (or in the more general case, the object which has the triggered skill) - so any on-hit/on-crit triggers target their skills at the thing you hit, but any when-hit/when-crit triggers target their skills at the thing that hit you.
"
cpurdy777 wrote:
If arcane surge doesn't enable duration support gems
It does do that. That has nothing to do with adding the Duration tag. Supports which require a duration don't give two hoots about the tag, they care whether the skill has an actual duration or not. Tags do not determine supportability.
"
HoockBr wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
It interacts with spells which have the new "Nova" tag, which is for AoE spells that non-directionally target an area centred on the caster, such as Ice Nova, Shock Nova or Discharge, and others of that ilk.

Since some of them don't have gems you can see tags on, here is the full list of current Nova spells in PoE:
  • Ice Nova
  • Vaal Ice Nova
  • Discharge
  • Shock Nova
  • Vortex
  • Vaal Blight
  • Dark Pact
  • Shock Ground
  • Glimpse of Eternity
  • Feast of Flesh
  • Arcane Wake
  • Word/Edict/Decree/Commandment of Tempest
  • Word/Edict/Decree/Commandment of Flames
  • Word/Edict/Decree/Commandment of Thunder

With this description for nova spells, i could say orb of storm is a nova spell, and yet i dont get why its not included. Same for frostbomb

Both orb of storms and frost bomb don't fit that description, they aren't centered on the caster, they're offset.
Why is Doryani's Touch not counted as a Nova? Seems to fit all the requirements.
"
HoockBr wrote:

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
..."Nova" tag, which is for AoE spells that non-directionally target an area centred on the caster...
This bit. Things only get the "Nova" tag if their default behaviour is to deal the AoE around you regardless of where you click. That doesn't have to be their only behaviour (see Ica Nova and Dark Pact for examples of that), but the base thing they do if nothing else is in play.

"
Lord_Nat wrote:
Why is Doryani's Touch not counted as a Nova? Seems to fit all the requirements.
I believe it's technically not centered on the user, but on the space just in front of them where they hit. But you're right that the distinction in that case is pretty tiny and it will likely be re-examined if and when we implement anything that can care about that attack having the tag - but that might not be for a while.
"
Lord_Nat wrote:
I'm pretty sure it's targeted at the location you choose. Given that it's a melee skill usable only when unarmed, it doesn't have much targeting range, but in theory with enough +range you could target some distance away.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info