Have a look at a Metamorph-specific unique ring!

ring write " nova spell" so imo it should only be spells that are already made as nova. Might work with discharge or vortex tho... I hope.
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
"
"
Jfr0st wrote:
so only shock and ice nova? or am I missing something

Maybe this will make some sick Sire of Shards builds.
It will not. It has no interaction with Sire of Shards. It interacts with spells which have the new "Nova" tag, which is for AoE spells that non-directionally target an area centred on the caster, such as Ice Nova, Shock Nova or Discharge, and others of that ilk.

Since some of them don't have gems you can see tags on, here is the full list of current Nova spells in PoE:
  • Ice Nova
  • Vaal Ice Nova
  • Discharge
  • Shock Nova
  • Vortex
  • Vaal Blight
  • Dark Pact
  • Shock Ground
  • Glimpse of Eternity
  • Feast of Flesh
  • Arcane Wake
  • Word/Edict/Decree/Commandment of Tempest
  • Word/Edict/Decree/Commandment of Flames
  • Word/Edict/Decree/Commandment of Thunder

EDIT:
  • Shockwave Totem

Ethereal Knives (or any other projectile skill) does not have the Nova tag, and just like all similar "[TAG] skills..." modifiers, support effects cannot change what tags a spell is considered to have. To avoid confusion now that Nova is a tag for certain AoE spells, Sire of Shards is now worded as firing projectiles in a circle.

The Arrow Nova support has a similar description for stats, but keeps the name because support names are more flavourful than actual mechanical text, and because there's little chance of confusion about it working with this unique due to it not working with spells - so the unique can't work with the support, and already firing arrows from the targeted location - so the unique would have nothing to do if it could.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Dec 11, 2019, 7:09:54 PM
See, I knew it. This is a garbage item.

Thanks for the clarification, Mark.
I think people are looking at the 20% less AOE thing the wrong way, though. This ring just replaces a spell slot: Ice Nova suffers less AOE when used on Frostbolt, anyway.

Now you don't need to cast any bolts. Just spam the nova. Or use Spell Cascade for more coverage. Or both.

It may be easier to control enemies getting hit by both rings of Shock Nova with a smaller area, too.

Does exactly what a unique item should. Opens up a new play style without being as good as a rare item.

EDIT: Removed hypothesis since it was confirmed.
Bring back race seasons.
Last edited by AbdulAlhazred on Dec 11, 2019, 5:40:58 PM
Sure spell cascade will work with this?
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
"
Jfr0st wrote:
so only shock and ice nova? or am I missing something

Maybe this will make some sick Sire of Shards builds.
It will not. It has no interaction with Sire of Shards. It interacts with spells which have the new "Nova" tag, which is for AoE spells that non-directionally target an area centred on the caster, such as Ice Nova, Shock Nova or Discharge, and others of that ilk.

Since some of them don't have gems you can see tags on, here is the full list of current Nova spells in PoE:
  • Ice Nova
  • Vaal Ice Nova
  • Discharge
  • Shock Nova
  • Vortex
  • Vaal Blight
  • Dark Pact
  • Shock Ground
  • Glimpse of Eternity
  • Feast of Flesh
  • Arcane Wake

Ethereal Knives (or any other projectile skill) does not have the Nova tag, and just like all similar "[TAG] skills..." modifiers, support effects cannot change what tags a spell is considered to have. To avoid confusion now that Nova is a tag for certain AoE spells, Sire of Shards is now worded as firing projectiles in a circle.

The Arrow Nova support has a similar description for stats, but keeps the name because support names are more flavourful than actual mechanical text, and because there's little chance of confusion about it working with this unique due to it not working with spells - so the unique can't work with the support, and already firing arrows from the targeted location - so the unique would have nothing to do if it could.

Oh no. Went from one of the most interesting items, to most disappointing. Again, only you, GGG.

Edit: So how does Sire of Shards not add a hidden "Nova" tag? I mean, if Discharge counts as a "nova" now, and Death's Oath works with Arcane Surge by adding a hidden Duration tag... well come on, guys. Have some consistency.

Edit 2: You created this item and then reworded Sire just to disappoint us?

"Firing projectiles in a circle"? Really?
(2-3-2019) Buff underused skills (3.23?!)+ selfcast, stop nerfing defense, build in threshold jewels (3.23?!), implement D3-style looting, add death log + MTX preview, actually rework flasks, stop balancing around the .01%, unnerf Harvest, ADD NEW WAYS TO LEVEL, finally implement Loot 2.0
Last edited by Ashriel on Dec 11, 2019, 5:51:25 PM
Will it work with Totems?
"
  • Ice Nova
  • Vaal Ice Nova
  • Discharge
  • Shock Nova
  • Vortex
  • Vaal Blight
  • Dark Pact
  • Shock Ground
  • Glimpse of Eternity
  • Feast of Flesh
  • Arcane Wake

No longer required to be in melee range?! Screw bows, this is what I will play :D
"
Ashriel wrote:
Edit: So how does Sire of Shards not add a hidden "Nova" tag?
Because support effects fundamentally cannot do that.
"
Ashriel wrote:
I mean, if Discharge counts as a "nova" now
Why would it not? it's a fully circular AoE centered on you. It's a perfect example of a nova. I honestly have no idea why you would be surprised by that one.
"
Ashriel wrote:
and Death's Oath works with Arcane Surge by adding a hidden Duration tag...
It does not and never has. The game fundamentally does not work that way. A skill is considered to have the tags matching it's skill gem, and no others. Supports do not modifiy tags.
What is the interaction with triggered nova spells? Can we assume they will also be casted at the cursor's location? or perhaps the location of where the triggering critical hit occurred?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info