League or stardard?

"
Baharoth15 wrote:

You can turn that around pretty easily. "Eventually league will come to standard so why bother? "

Time. Why wait 3 months for some scrapped version of it?
I used to only play Standard, because why play a league if you're not going to compete or trade?

But a couple of things convinced me to only play leagues. PoE is constantly evolving and league-play is always on the edge of that.

Leagues are actually fun. Not that all league mechanics are fun, but the league itself. I enjoy starting afresh and seeing how a particular build plays and trying new strategies. Leagues are a baked in way to do that.

Besides, it can't hurt to try a league. Your character migrates to Standard at the end, so you lose nothing.
Not to hijack, but say I start in league SSF HC, but decide I don't want to play SSF or HC, can I switch drop the SSF HC and just play softcore league or do I need to remake toon on SC?
Sure. You can always convert them that direction...just not back!

HCSSF is pretty addictive if you're into that kind of them. I've been messing with it while we wait, and just got through act 5. There's the "oh $#!T" moment when you realize you're 20% down on resists instead of 10% up...and you can't just throw a couple of chaos at it. Might be time to dust of Purity of Elements for a bit.

If you're going HC, might as well do it SSF - unless you want to play with friends. The trade options in HC are really limited.

You learn all kinds of creative things that will improve your play. Well worth trying it out even if you don't stick with it long term.

Last edited by GreyLensman on Dec 9, 2019, 6:31:53 PM
"
saturatedfat wrote:
Not to hijack, but say I start in league SSF HC, but decide I don't want to play SSF or HC, can I switch drop the SSF HC and just play softcore league or do I need to remake toon on SC?

HC character after death is sent to SC Standard.
You can always migrate from SSF to trade without leawing current league.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info