League or stardard?

Hi guys, which are the differences? I started POE 2 weeks ago, it could be better start again with a new pg in the new league, instead continue to play my main pg on standard? Which kind of rewards could i get in a season that are not available in stardard season?

Thanks for your response,
GL HF
Last bumped on Dec 9, 2019, 11:15:03 PM
You get to experience the new content in the league - it may be the only time you can if it is not incorporated into the game - and even if it is added it will only be a 10% chance of triggering once core so if it is a fun league this is the best way of experiencing it fully.

Trade in the leagues is much more active and responsive - individual experiences may vary.

cheers
Last edited by Catnov on Dec 8, 2019, 3:53:46 PM
You get challenge rewards for 12, 24 and 36 challenges completed if that kind of stuff is important to you.

If you're really enjoying your character and want to keep going, that's a good reason to play in standard. If you're ready to re-roll, might as well do it in challenge.

On trade, I hear all the time (often from folks playing in challenge) that standard is terrible. That has not been my experience the last two seasons where I have split my time between them. If anything, standard has been more responsive than challenge, and the scammers seem to stay away.

There is plenty to do either way.

I must say though, the 3.9 atlas and metamorph content looks like fun!
Last edited by GreyLensman on Dec 8, 2019, 5:58:26 PM
Always new league. Its great way to learn how to work with what Youll find especially on SSF. After its ends Your character(s) will go to Standard eventually so why not to try in league and see how far can You go? At least that is why i do them.
It really depends on what kind of player you are.

If you want to reach/clear the endgame within three months you have to be either very efficient with your time or you need a lot of time to play. Being efficient usually means lots of trading which is a pain in this game. If you don't have much time and rather play "casually" then standard is probably the better place for you to be. There you can take all the time you need to do whatever you want.

The main perks of league are the league mechanics, which are usually very imbalanced since leages are essentially beta tests for new content and the fact that the trade market is fresh and maybe more active. As a new player getting to play the new content is probably not all that important, you don't know much of the game yet and have a lot to explore anyway. As for the trading, that depends on you, if you like trading the league might be better for you. If not then standard might be better.
But the mechanics that are included in leagues, will be automatically inserted in standard as well at the end of the league? Or these features are exclusively for leagues?

Thank you guys for your replies!
there is no 100% surety that any new league mechanic will be included, ggg decides that during the league. IF they get added to the core game they are usually watered down (like 10% appearance for blight in maps we will have come league) and rewards for interacting with the league-content are heavily nerfed (see people complaining about legion not "worth" it anymore).

if you really want to experience new content in all its glory (or not), league is the way to go.
"Glattes Eis, ein Paradeis, für den, der gut zu tanzen weiß" - F. Nietzsche
"
Tdk085 wrote:
But the mechanics that are included in leagues, will be automatically inserted in standard as well at the end of the league? Or these features are exclusively for leagues?

Eventually Youll get to Standard either way so why not try league?
"
Tdk085 wrote:

As mentioned above, there is no guarantee that a league mechanic will make it to the core game, but from what I know pretty much all league mechanics found their way into the core game in some way or another. Even unpopular stuff like Bestiary and Synthesis. However, after making core they become far less common so if you really like a specific league mechanic, you want to play league. There can also be a delay between league end and introduction of league mechanic into the core game. Both Bestiary and Synthesis were so unpopular that they got a significant overhaul of the mechanic which delayed their introduction into the core game by several months.

"
de99ial wrote:
"
Tdk085 wrote:

Eventually Youll get to Standard either way so why not try league?

You can turn that around pretty easily. "Eventually league will come to standard so why bother? "
Last edited by Baharoth15 on Dec 9, 2019, 7:00:56 AM
Seeing that your "main pg" is at lvl 81 you won't have mmuch to lose when you start the new temp league. Some folks getting there in the first 3 hours or so. ;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info