[3.10] PURIFYING FLAME AND PYROCLAST MINES | LEAGUE STARTER | A8 AWAKENER DOWN

THE PURIFYING FLAMES AND PYROCLAST MINES STRIKE BACK

MELTS BOSSES AND CLEARS LIKE A CHARM, ALL ON A BUDGET!

Changelog
Spoiler
Added a "Videos" section.

Before I start, lets address a few things. Like.. This is a W.I.P guide. I'll fill in the missing items in the Gear section soon.

Where were you?
Spoiler
I burnt out of this game mid 3.9. I promised to update this guide for 3.10, but I needed to learn all the new mechanics such as clusters, new items, etc. Eventually I never got to update this build.

Since there's no more time left for Delirium, I shall update this guide as soon as possible when 3.11 patch notes are released.

Alright, whats new? [READ]
Spoiler
Two new variants were added. A LL variant, and a Life + Dodge variant.

Seeing that the game got harder thanks to Delirium, we didn't reach life numbers that we reached before. (9K MOM EHP). Due to this, I had to spec into options such as Dodge + Evasion(Life Variant), and Block (LL Variant).

I also made use of 2x Circle of Anguish with buff effect and damage. These rings costed around 3 to 6 ex at time of purchase (2 months into league).

Obviously these rings will be expensive at league start, so using 2x Vermillion Rings with generic life and resists is enough.

Since you'd lose damage by not using 2x Anguish rings, a Pyroclast setup was added to make bossing feel less painful to do. Its just a gem swap for PF though.

You can still use Pyroclast with 2x Anguish, but its not needed since PF melts bosses with those rings.

I started to use flasks such as Cinderswallow with a crit veiled mod, but this can easily be swapped for a max rolled Wise Oak.
If you have more money, you can also get yourself a Bottled Faith and use it with the LL setup.

And of course, a new guide must come with a new MS paint.

Why not use Pyroclast over Purifying Flame for clear?
Spoiler
Since I had to introduce Pyroclast to help out with single target clear, this is a question that's probably going to be asked. A lot.

In my opinion, using Pyroclast for clear is probably the worst thing you can do. The throw speed is slow, and the aoe isnt as big as Purifying Flame.

You'd need Astral Projector for clear not to suck, and early on in league this can get quite expensive. (1,9k chaos day 5 of Delirium)

Alright, lets get on with the guide!

PATH OF BUILDING
Spoiler
Since Delirium is leaving, Cluster jewels might not be as easy to get next league.

I've included 3 POBS. The Life variant with no cluster, Life Variant with 1 med and 1 small cluster, and an endgame LL variant.

LIFE VARIANT NO CLUSTERS
https://pastebin.com/aYfwej6B

LIFE VARIANT, 1 MED 1 SMALL CLUSTER
https://pastebin.com/3KViS8Jn

ENDGAME ES LL VARIANT, 1 LARGE, 2 MED 1 SMALL
https://pastebin.com/dX9bcbx1

How to play a Blastchain Miner
Spoiler

The way Blastchain Mine Support works is simple. For each prior mine in the Detonation Sequence, that mine deals 5% more damage, and stacks.

On your 1st mine, you have 0% more damage multiplier. On your 23rd mine(last mine), you have 110% more damage multiplier.

The detonation sequence also continues detonating mines after the 23rd mine. Usually you can throw up to 10 more mines before the sequence ends. The % more damage multiplier also stacks.

On the 33rd mine, you'd have a 160% more damage multiplier.

This also means stacking throwing speed is beneficial since you can fit more mines during the detonation sequence for even more % "more" multipliers.

I have a rough spreadsheet which calculates the damage your mines (+ Blastchain) will do. Simply make a copy of the sheet, and paste your POB AVG HIT below the cell named "1st".

https://bit.ly/2TTxL94

Knowing this, you want to stack 23 mines while fighting a boss each time. Usually during their invulnerable phases. Detonate and continue throwing mines for the juicy multipliers.

During boss fights you can also just throw up to 15 and throw 10 during detonation sequence, for when there's no invuln phase to stack your mines.

Applies for general mapping as well.

Notice how the additional mines past 23 during detonation sequence detonate based on your cursor.

GEAR
Spoiler

The gear section will only cover the Life Variant of the build.

Weapon
Spoiler
Any bow base with +1 to Level of Socketed Gems. Multimod + Mine Throwing Speed and +2 to Level of Socketed Support Gems.

Can add other mods such as #% Inc ele damage, fire pen, etc.

The bow base only matters when it comes to colors. I like to use a Crude Bow because at the start of leagues I usually don't rush a Vorici Research Bench for 3 whites. I just spam chromes on it till I get my desired colors.

Quiver
Spoiler
Signal Fire. Signal Fire is best budget option since it gives you the other 50% Phys to Fire for full damage.
BIS is a rare quiver with life and resists. Crit multiplier works as well. Need Xoph's Blood to get AOF for that.

Body Armour
Spoiler
A regular 5 or 6L Body Armour with high life + resists. BIS is a Kaom's Heart.

For the LL variant, BIS is a Shavronne's Wrappings.

Helmet
Spoiler
An evasion base with life and resists. Evasion is nice too.

With a bit more money, you can buy a base with a PF enchant.
I personally go for the "Purifying Flame applies 9% increased Damage taken to Enemies" enchant.

Gloves
Spoiler
High life, resists, and evasion if possible.

Machina Mitts is also good for life leech from Mines. Just need to balance your resists.

Boots
Spoiler
Go for high life, resists, and at least 20% movement speed. Evasion is nice too.

If you cant fit movement speed in boots, just find one with an open prefix to craft MS on it.

Amulet
Spoiler
Either a Xoph's Blood or a rare crafted amulet with Life, stats, and resists.

Signal Fire can do what Xoph's Blood does, therefore you don't need Signal Fire if you have Xoph's Blood.

Signal Fire can still be used in endgame + a really good rare amulet.

Anoint should be Destructive Apparatus for the 10% inc mine throwing speed.

Rings
Spoiler
Circle of Anguish with #% inc buff effect and inc fire damage is BIS.

2x Vermillion Rings is fine on a budget. Gets you to high life. Just need Pyroclast to help PF do some bossing.

Belt
Spoiler
A rare Stygian Vise with high life, stats, resists and #% inc damage craft is BIS.

The #% inc damage can come from anywhere such as Increased Damage during any flask effect.

The abyssal jewel that slots into it needs at least 30 life and added fire to spells.

GEM LINKS
Spoiler
Check POB for the gem links. Only got the links for an LL char. Sorry! :<

FLASKS
Spoiler
You should always have the following:
A Seething Divine Life Flask. Suffix mod can be Warding, Heat, or Staunching.

An Enduring Eternal Mana Flask. Suffix mod can be Warding, Heat, or Staunching.

An Experimenter's Quicksilver Flask of Adrenaline.

An Experimenter's Diamond Flask. Suffix mod can be Warding, Heat, or Staunching.

The last slot is up to you. Usually I have a Cinderswallow with crit veiled mod here, but a Quartz Flask, Wise Oak, Bottled Faith, are all good options here.

Bandits
Spoiler
KILL ALL OF THEM.
Seriously. Alira isn't as useful as you think. You can still get Alira early on though for res and mana regen, and just spec to 2 bandits in the late game.

Videos
Spoiler
Awakener 8 Sirus kill. (2 deaths, LL variant)
https://youtu.be/5g02Ff2oTTA
(I apologize in advance for the poor video quality.)

Typical T16 Map Clear
https://youtu.be/lvTgVw9UdL0

T14 Baran Kill
https://youtu.be/Vds6_5-CzjE

T14 Drox Kill
https://youtu.be/BDFMIg0R21w

T14 Al-Hezmin Kill
https://youtu.be/NYF6ocx_LrI

T14 Veritania Kill
https://youtu.be/sn0EQz8gJYQ

Awakener Kill, Awakening Level 1
https://youtu.be/sIToDoa1zHU

Last edited by pain4meandu on May 30, 2020, 1:03:32 PM
Last bumped on May 30, 2020, 9:17:43 AM
reserved
reserved
Looks fun gonna try this one.
In your PoB link you only have the skill tree for when you have Xoph's Blood is there a possibility to add the tree without Xoph's Blood in the PoB link or in the guide itself?
"
In your PoB link you only have the skill tree for when you have Xoph's Blood is there a possibility to add the tree without Xoph's Blood in the PoB link or in the guide itself?

You can do a few things here.

Get AOF from Serpent Stance, (2 points) by killing all bandits. (You lose Alira, but it isn't much. Just adjust your resists if you really need to.)

Take off a few life nodes without removing their notables and add it to get AOF

Or use Signal Fire.. hmm
Last edited by pain4meandu on Dec 21, 2019, 1:01:29 AM
I see that you are running the build a bit different during the league any updates to the guide?

I made my version of the build based on the top tier players en poe.ninja, can you explain to me why they use ele focus, conc effect and not minefield, etc...? Currently I'm throwing just 1 mine at a time and I think they'll do that to maximize damage because they're using Fireball to clear and they don't need too much AoE for single target with PF.

I'm thinking about dropping faster casting and arcange surge and add some curse like blasphemy + flammability or a defensive one.
Last edited by MiguelFg on Dec 22, 2019, 9:03:02 AM
"
MiguelFg wrote:

I made my version of the build based on the top tier players en poe.ninja, can you explain to me why they use ele focus, conc effect and not minefield, etc...? Currently I'm throwing just 1 mine at a time and I think they'll do that to maximize damage because they're using Fireball to clear and they don't need too much AoE for single target with PF.

Yes, I think it's because they are using Fireball for clear. The Tremor Rod is great for double mines, but it's clunky for clear, since the mines take a while to re-arm, and often you end up blowing up the mines for the 2nd time and everything is dead already anyway. But if you don't blow them up again and start placing new mines then you quickly get up to max mines and at that point I'm spamming detonate to get all the mines to explode. But bossing though, that ability to get 20 mines down and effectively have 40 go off is pretty neat.

I've just reached maps ... and also going with a hybrid "based on poe.ninja" approach (just using highest level players skill trees). I'm finding mines a bit clunky anyway ... so I'll probably just take this to high 80s and hopefully have enough currency to roll another character and buy twink gear to level super fast :)
I have finally updated the guide!

Sorry for not answering any of the questions here, so I'll get started.

"
I see that you are running the build a bit different during the league any updates to the guide?

Yeah, I kind of forgot about the forum a bit, and was testing this variant of the build. It's finally updated tho!

"
MiguelFg wrote:

I'm thinking about dropping faster casting and arcange surge and add some curse like blasphemy + flammability or a defensive one.

So, Elemental Focus is obv used for the ele damage it gives whilst removing Ele ailments. Personally I don't recommend this since you don't apply Ignite+Burning (one of the mods in Explosives Expert), and how Combustion becomes useless because then again, you cannot ignite.

Conc Effect is definitely a choice for this. If you manage to fit it somehow.. The AoE is still good despite suffering 30% less AoE.

Don't know why people don't use Minefield though. If you scale throw speed enough it won't really bother you and you can still freely move while detonating the skill.

Also, with the fireball for clear + PF for single target at this point you'd just be playing Pyroclast Mine :P

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info