[3.11] THE PURIFYING FLAME MINER | LEAGUE STARTER | AWAKENER DOWN!

Hey man!

Thanks for the guide. I ran BL Mines last league and it was a great build, I ended up loving mines and the LL / High ES style. Something a little more off meta that still performs very well is just what I was hoping for!

Please forgive me I have not fully reviewed your POB so apologies if some info is contained within, but I would love to hear your input regarding gearing options / improvements on gem links.

A few of my pieces are bad / really bad, as I basically spent last night respeccing my TR Mine trickster (that chaos Dot + Trickster health chunking, just not my thing).

I do feel I may end up struggling a bit with the LL setup as I continue to cut +life from gear (at 1 life atm with auras), and would really like to review your setup to achieve LL.

Quick edit: as I continue to do research I am further familiarizing myself with the proper scaling for PF.

Can we suggest for example that an as high as possible flat X-Y fire damage to spells would beat out the +1 fire skill gems? As far as the best choice of mods I'm thinking flat fire to spells, +1 fire gems, crit multi, and crit chance, and %spell/fire damage are where its at, but I'd love to hear your input!

Thanks

Last edited by tnich55 on Jul 9, 2020, 11:37:15 AM
"
tnich55 wrote:
Hey man!

Thanks for the guide. I ran BL Mines last league and it was a great build, I ended up loving mines and the LL / High ES style. Something a little more off meta that still performs very well is just what I was hoping for!

Please forgive me I have not fully reviewed your POB so apologies if some info is contained within, but I would love to hear your input regarding gearing options / improvements on gem links.

A few of my pieces are bad / really bad, as I basically spent last night respeccing my TR Mine trickster (that chaos Dot + Trickster health chunking, just not my thing).

I do feel I may end up struggling a bit with the LL setup as I continue to cut +life from gear (at 1 life atm with auras), and would really like to review your setup to achieve LL.

Quick edit: as I continue to do research I am further familiarizing myself with the proper scaling for PF.

Can we suggest for example that an as high as possible flat X-Y fire damage to spells would beat out the +1 fire skill gems? As far as the best choice of mods I'm thinking flat fire to spells, +1 fire gems, crit multi, and crit chance, and %spell/fire damage are where its at, but I'd love to hear your input!

Thanks

Here's what I did for LL during Delirium.
https://pastebin.com/cKpzQFbT

So, about your wand choices.

After testing in pob, it shows that + level to skill gems will always outdamage a max rolled flat fire.

70% spell damage outdamages 100% inc Critical Strike Chance for spells.

Crit Multi is nice here too. Outdamages both Crit Strike Chance and Flat Fire.

Here's what I would focus on if you want a high damage wand:

+1 to fire gems (highest priority, most damage)
spell damage (at least 60%, outdamages crit multi, crit chance, and flat fire)
crit multi (outdamages crit chance and flat fire at a 25% inc roll)
flat fire (max rolled outdamages 100% crit chance)
crit chance (lowest priority)

Don't forget to leave an open suffix for some mine throwing speed.

"
pain4meandu wrote:
"
tnich55 wrote:
Hey man!

Thanks

Here's what I did for LL during Delirium.
https://pastebin.com/cKpzQFbT

So, about your wand choices.

After testing in pob, it shows that + level to skill gems will always outdamage a max rolled flat fire.

70% spell damage outdamages 100% inc Critical Strike Chance for spells.

Crit Multi is nice here too. Outdamages both Crit Strike Chance and Flat Fire.

Here's what I would focus on if you want a high damage wand:

+1 to fire gems (highest priority, most damage)
spell damage (at least 60%, outdamages crit multi, crit chance, and flat fire)
crit multi (outdamages crit chance and flat fire at a 25% inc roll)
flat fire (max rolled outdamages 100% crit chance)
crit chance (lowest priority)

Don't forget to leave an open suffix for some mine throwing speed.

Awesome!! Thank you.
Hey man! Thanks again for your help.

I am coming back here after a few decent upgrades and going broke, looking for some further suggestions on where to go upgrade wise and further. I think what sticks out quite a bit to me is reviewing your POB and seeing the dmg range in the ~1m, where as my own is down around ~250k (note, I was using POB Buddy via browser so unsure if that makes any difference from real POB).

With such a vast difference I feel like I must be missing out on something major. The main "luxury" upgrades I can envision are:

- Solid watcher's eye, maybe anger/fire pen for a reasonably priced one
- Top tier circle of anguish(es) with %fire dmg w/ HoA AND HoA buff effect (you will notice mine are buff effect only)

Am I simply underestimating how heavily these top tier pieces affect overall dps (like the anguish rings with 2x proper mods), or is there by chance a big mechanic I am missing when it comes to topics such as phys -> fire conversion or other? This being my second league I do worry I could be missing something in that vein, and have somewhat pieced together the build/passive tree I ran last league with BL/LL mines and what you have shared in your recent comment as far as passive tree.

Next upgrades I will be in search of:
- Continue leveling/qual'ing all gems (just via time rather than currency)
- Watchers Eye (at least Anger / fire pen mod)
- Eventually the %fire dmg / HoA buff effect Circle of Anguish x1 and eventually x2
- Defense wise - Better ES helm/boots
- Maybe bottled faith eventually, but lowest priority

My current gear:
(*One note to point out, generally I run blasphemy/enfeeble in boots for a defensive boost, though recently I am trying out blasphemy/flammability to test for differences in feel)

Sorry for the novel style post, and thanks again for the guide/write up! It really stuck out to me as an awesome skill in PF and gave me confidence in attempting to run it!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info