[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

"
kobo1d wrote:
Whenever I'm feeling invincible, I just run a fully-juiced double/triple Beyond, ele reflect (or no regen) T16+, and that quickly dispels the notion.

This is true. Double beyond makes me play a bit differently. Normally I just run as fast as I can and cast totems every now and then. With double beyond I don't dare to run in the middle of the pack and I have to stop every now and then. I also cast curses and Frost Bomb on every big pack since beyond bosses don't die in a second like normal rares.

I don't think I've even seen beyond + ele reflect. That would make things even slower (and deadlier). I tend to reroll ele reflect unless it's juicy corrupted map or something. Slows you too much since totems get only one shot out before they die.
Thank you so much for that build its been a blast so far! been playing totem quite often so i gave it my own touch. but still stole your basic ideas xD

still have to decide for an prismatic jewel and new ring( keeping the shitty one to have res balanced for wise oak) atm crafting a new hutner helmet

https://pastebin.com/7PjEMrFQ
( curious what u think about my minor lazy
changes)

keep up the good work! what amazes me is the build feels good in every situation so far well only thing havent tried yet was uber elder deep delve and cortex everything else was kinda smooth
"
jodde333 wrote:
keep up the good work! what amazes me is the build feels good in every situation so far well only thing havent tried yet was uber elder deep delve and cortex everything else was kinda smooth

Uber elder is quite easy. Did it without any modifications. I'd guess with Kaom's Roots it becomes even safer (sometimes I die if I get chain-stunned). Cortex was easy too. Ability spam totems between phases is always a plus in fight. Easy to dodge stuff.

Haven't tried deep delve yet, I'm only at depth 200. Phase Run is nice in there, but too lazy to change gem setup now. Totems are not perhaps the best thing in delve since it takes a second for them to start casting. If you dive into darkness and find yourself in the middle of the pack, it's a death sentence. This wasn't the case with my "lifegain on hit" -guy couple of leagues ago.
"
Wermine wrote:

Haven't tried deep delve yet, I'm only at depth 200. Phase Run is nice in there, but too lazy to change gem setup now. Totems are not perhaps the best thing in delve since it takes a second for them to start casting. If you dive into darkness and find yourself in the middle of the pack, it's a death sentence. This wasn't the case with my "lifegain on hit" -guy couple of leagues ago.

You have a perfect socket to put a Phase Run for delve, Portal. It's not like you portal down there, and Increased Duration you have for RF is perfect.

But yeah, on the topic of Delve I am around 300 and it seems to be the worst type content for the build. It looks like there are people on poe.ninja that have taken this build reasonably deep, but it just feels bad at it compared to most other builds I've used in past leagues.
"
Wallach wrote:
Hey folks,

Amulet

A good Rare is my recommendation here, especially if you are running two unique rings as your resists will be harder to cap. Offensively the most important affix you can get in this slot is global critical strike multiplier as it rolls higher in this slot than any other jewelry slot we have. Life should also be on this slot; beyond that pick up whatever resists you need patched and then grab more offensive caster affixes (critical strike chance, cast speed, spell & cold damage). You should also look for these stats on Jade, Citrine or Turquoise amulet bases, as that will give you some additional Dexterity towards your skill gem requirements.

Influence wise, I think your best bet is probably Redeemer to have a chance at the "+1 to all Cold spell skill gems" prefix, which even at the high end of gear is worth around the same as a 38-40% critical strike multiplier roll. Crafting one of these will be tricky; your best bet is probably Alteration orb spam looking for +1 cold spells and a T1 critical multiplier roll, then trying to Regal into another good T1 roll like life (or search trade for such a base you can multimod). While Hunter also has the "+1 to Intelligence skill gems" - meaning a dual-influence Redeemer / Hunter amulet with both prefixes is a possibility - you are dealing with incredible opportunity cost issues in trying to actually get both prefixes alongside something like T1 critical multiplier, which increases the cost of crafting such an item exponentially. Realistically, it's not really something worth considering unless currency is really no object to you, and you couldn't invest the currency in another slot for a more deterministic upgrade (which is pretty unlikely considering what such an amulet is likely to cost).

The Pandemonius is the other main late-game option that provides a large amount of damage through the cold penetration against chilled enemies and bonus cold damage, and applies blind to enemies when they are chilled for additional safety against attacks. It is also a Jade amulet base so you still get to pick up some Dexterity in this slot for your skill gem requirements. Blind is a bit of a tough thing to evaluate defensively, and much of its value is relative to the content you are most concerned about; for general mapping, Blind is pretty good, especially if you are running maps that make enemies immune to elemental ailments and cannot Freeze them (so you are dealing with vastly more incoming attacks). However, if your main target is endgame boss fights like Uber Elder or Sirus, Blind doesn't serve much purpose here as the actual threats in this encounter simply aren't affected (Sirus in particular has no attacks whatsoever).

You should consider Pandemonius sort of the high-end "floor"; when you're considering the cost of an amulet upgrade, this is the baseline you're weighing against in terms of cost.

Example:

Hello, in your guide you recommend for the Redeemer / Hunter influence charm but the affix +1 to all Cold spell skill gems does not exist, I only find +1 to Level of all Cold Skill Gems. Would the latter also affect the gem skill of freezing pulse?
In short: a charm that has both influences, would have +1 to Level of all Cold Skill Gems and +1 to Intelligence skill gems.

Thank you.
"
FeniX_2917 wrote:

Hello, in your guide you recommend for the Redeemer / Hunter influence charm but the affix +1 to all Cold spell skill gems does not exist, I only find +1 to Level of all Cold Skill Gems. Would the latter also affect the gem skill of freezing pulse?
In short: a charm that has both influences, would have +1 to Level of all Cold Skill Gems and +1 to Intelligence skill gems.

Thank you.

In this game, spells are skills (everything is a skill). So yes, "+1 to level of all Cold Skill Gems" affects Freezing Pulse gem. You can also test this in pob.
"
Wermine wrote:
"
FeniX_2917 wrote:

Thank you.

In this game, spells are skills (everything is a skill). So yes, "+1 to level of all Cold Skill Gems" affects Freezing Pulse gem. You can also test this in pob.

Thank you very much for confirming it. I didn't want to get an amulet with +2 and then only work as +1.
I only started this league last week, and this was my build I used. It has been a very smooth experience, it does help there is lots of options out there for gear now. Thank you for the guide!
Iam done with the league i played the build all out and reached level 100 today.

Survivability is decent, DPS is absolutely insane.
You can permafreeze a pure Breachstone boss in a 6 man group and carry the thing.

I switched today from a +2 projectile Soul Mantle to a +1 gems Soul Mantle with empower gem just to finish it.

Overall one of the best builds i played.

"
MasterLoki666 wrote:
Iam done with the league i played the build all out and reached level 100 today.

Survivability is decent, DPS is absolutely insane.
You can permafreeze a pure Breachstone boss in a 6 man group and carry the thing.

I switched today from a +2 projectile Soul Mantle to a +1 gems Soul Mantle with empower gem just to finish it.

Overall one of the best builds i played.

If you don't mind me asking, what was your life/mana/dps totals at the end?
Last edited by kevinbrightblade on Feb 7, 2020, 5:54:59 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info