[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

Great build very enjoyable, can see this going to level 100 but not sure where to put my passives for 96-100. There are some 20/25% crit chance nodes, maybe the small aoe/proj speed node?
"
Showbear wrote:
Great build very enjoyable, can see this going to level 100 but not sure where to put my passives for 96-100. There are some 20/25% crit chance nodes, maybe the small aoe/proj speed node?

Assuming reflection gear and starting from the PoB 95 tree is see some options.

Dropping the anti-curse wheel frees up 4 points. Pain Attunemend costs 1 so there are 5+4-1=8 points to spend.
I think the small open crit nodes are a good pick. There are two of them.

I'd also drop the mana/mana reg node from the mana/AS wheel west unless you really need the mana.

= 7 points left

The jewels slot north-west after the ele nodes is probably a good pick. Something like +1.5% raw damage + what the jewel gives you (prob. watcher's).

= 4 points left

Then there's the 4 points small life wheel with Melding for ~250 hp + 150 es for 4 points. Not a bad choice imo. 250 * 1.4 + 150 = 500 eHP.

The spell dmg / block wheel in the north east looks good with +8-ish % damage, some block, and 20% chance to avoid ailments and stun!
Resourcefulness is an option. Infused seems like a waste of points.

If I'd hit 100 I'd probably pick the Arcane Swiftness wheel with one small node left open.
/edit: or Throatseeker, also 4 points, for 10-ish % more damage
Last edited by m02ph3u5 on Jan 19, 2020, 12:58:58 PM
Once we have Atziris Reflection and the Cowards Legacy, what speaks against this head piece?
Wouldn't that give us incredible damage reduction?
"
izurael wrote:
Once we have Atziris Reflection and the Cowards Legacy, what speaks against this head piece?
Wouldn't that give us incredible damage reduction?

The 50% damage reduction while on low life is not "damage taken", but "damage output". So not an option.
"
Showbear wrote:

Check out wallach's current tree. You'll see that even at lvl 100 there's not a lot of room for customization. You'll want Doom Cast and Arcane Swiftness for sure. 5 jewel sockets assuming you have atziri's/cowards.

The only place I see an option would be potentially sacrificing some small life nodes (like the two on Purity of Flesh's wheel) and/or the cast speed on Coordination and Retribution in exchange for a bunch of crit multi from the Throatseeker wheel (four points). But that's more of a balancing issue between your gear and passive tree to make sure you have decent levels of both cast speed and crit multi.
"
The 50% damage reduction while on low life is not "damage taken", but "damage output". So not an option.

Oh, damn. Thank you!^^
Hey guys, hey Wallach,

thanks for this great build. It is (as someone else said before) also for me the most successful and strongest build i ever ran!

Currently I'm close to lvl95, cleared Sirus A8 with close to no problems and everything is looking good so far.

Today I invested in Freezing Pulse 21/23 and looking forward now to the Awakened Gems. I'm also trying to get a T1 amulet corruption from safehouse on the one I'm wearing right now.

I'd like to ask you something though: I found a Thread of Hope (Large) with corrupted 10% crit, and put it in the northmost jewel socket. I dropped a First Snow, and purely from this, dmg stayed same.

What i gained is access to Heart of Ice and Breath of Rime. My thinking behind this is, that the dmg from shattering does not apply when fighting solo bosses, and for mapping the Projectiles are already enough. Further i read, that only 1 Projectile can hit any enemy from one cast. Correct?

Apart from this, how do you guys handle being so extremely "weak"? ANY monster that is close to me hits me for 20-30% hp (or ES) and i need to play it really safe and slow (especially in the mines) and lots of running around.

Any other suggestion if anyone minds to look my equipment so far?

gnight
-Delvar

P.S.: First post on the board ever! :D
"
"
Showbear wrote:

Check out wallach's current tree. You'll see that even at lvl 100 there's not a lot of room for customization. You'll want Doom Cast and Arcane Swiftness for sure. 5 jewel sockets assuming you have atziri's/cowards.

The only place I see an option would be potentially sacrificing some small life nodes (like the two on Purity of Flesh's wheel) and/or the cast speed on Coordination and Retribution in exchange for a bunch of crit multi from the Throatseeker wheel (four points). But that's more of a balancing issue between your gear and passive tree to make sure you have decent levels of both cast speed and crit multi.

I ended up changing some points around on the right side of tree to pick up another jewel socket node. Had enough dex to drop Coordination to enable this method.. For me, it was more life, mana and damage. (jewel dependent)

YMMV

Last edited by Bresepls on Jan 19, 2020, 7:20:46 PM
"
Bresepls wrote:
I ended up changing some points around on the right side of tree to pick up another jewel socket node. Had enough dex to drop Coordination to enable this method.. For me, it was more life, mana and damage. (jewel dependent)

YMMV

Interesting. So for one passive point you get slightly more health and mana and what, 100% increased damage from the militant faith jewel? Subtract from that 38% increased damage and 15% projectile speed. According to my PoB that equates to 6-7% increased total dps. Did I get that right?

"
"
Bresepls wrote:

YMMV

Interesting. So for one passive point you get slightly more health and mana and what, 100% increased damage from the militant faith jewel? Subtract from that 38% increased damage and 15% projectile speed. According to my PoB that equates to 6-7% increased total dps. Did I get that right?

I was already using a Militant faith in Witch jewel socket. Has more flat dmg than Clear mind for an ex. Just get one that will not change any of your nodes. I believe mine is 52% more totem/ele.

As for the jewel socket in the previous picture. I picked up a juicy multi/max life jewel. I suppose clear mind could go here for dmg but you'd be losing the %life.

As for Lethal assault, I never took it. Between helm enchant and Flash Freeze, never felt like proj speed was something worth getting.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info