[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

"
AdmiralC wrote:
"
Gulch wrote:
"
AdmiralC wrote:
Hey some quick questions guys:

Has anybody tried the new awakend curse on hit yet to run frostbite+ proj. weakness? So how do you curse your enemies? FP selfcast or arc? Any solutions?

I self cast Frostbite. And since mana regen isn't a problem I just spam it. The Spell Cascade helps to reach all of the enemies.
The only Awakened gem I have at the moment is Cold Pen, since at the time the other Awakened gems were too damn expensive. I may buy more but that all depends on the price since I am saving up for the mirror, belt and possible better weapons.

Yes one curse is not the problem- I do it the same way with Prof. Weakness atm. My Question is about the new awakened curse gem which lets you use two curses.

OOOH! I didn't see that you're able to get an additional curse at Gem level 5!
Interesting. I guess if you have 20ex to spend it's worth it.
"
Aeris85 wrote:
I do feel I lack the cleverness to identify good gear that I find to sell...
Me too so I sell all yellows blindly for chaos recipe. Once I outlevel it (75+ ilvl loot) I only pick jewellery to identify. And maybe boots, if you hit 30% movespeed + 3 resists or 3 resists & life you can craft the last one and sell them for decent price.

Dunno if there's an easier way, but I cba picking every helmet, weapon, glove etc. and sit identyfying and price checking them. Maybe I vendored some mirror tier drop will never know... (probably not 99.99% they have bad rolls).
"
Aeris85 wrote:

I just tried that tool. Sorry, am I blind? How can I check with that how much these rare gloves that I found are worth?
I just did 1 map and only got Chaos equivalents for all non-gear items. Like "1 orb of scouring = 0.43 chaos".
But all the gear was excluded from there. Is that because it's below the setting of 1 chaos? But the other stuff is also broken down in Chaos equivalents, below 1.

I do feel I lack the cleverness to identify good gear that I find to sell... I do look for resistances + life on belt, gloves, helmet etc., so everything that most of the guides suggest you.

No, you are not blind - sorry i did not point it out clearly, but it does not help with valuation of rare items. This is still manual work. POE Trade Macro is a good helper - at least to get an indication if something has value and is worth checking in more detail. Afterwards its all up to experience and/or doing some verification via poe.trade. For everything else (Currency, Fossils, Maps, Uniques, Divinations, etc.) I love the tool.

"
AdmiralC wrote:

Yes one curse is not the problem- I do it the same way with Prof. Weakness atm. My Question is about the new awakened curse gem which lets you use two curses.

I am running it with 2 curses using self-cast FP. Works great in synergy with the additional projectiles we shoot with our First Snow setup.
"

I am running it with 2 curses using self-cast FP. Works great in synergy with the additional projectiles we shoot with our First Snow setup.

4th-link to increased duration?
can someone watch my char ING: Totems_SindSpassssiGGG i feel kinda its ok but not strong and i die allot. if someone can tell me whats wron or where to improve it would help me allot
Anyone mind taking a look at what I should be aiming to do next? Im level 93 in hardcore. Totems are dying a little in the tier 14+ maps thinking of more damage maybe but unsure where to get/ how to get it. Trading in hardcore seems a little less it has been previous league's.

I started this league late, and then false started a couple of times with characters that I just didn't 'feel' after leveling them.

Then Friday I came across this build and it turns out I am a totem kinda guy :)

Love it! Made it to maps by Sunday morning and managed to get 3 exalts to drop yesterday. Did yellow maps most of yesterday and after some shopping I pushed it an did a t10 easily and then a t12.

Just reinvested all my cash for a 6 link Soul Mantle (had a 5 link until now) and now to start saving for new toys to improve my character!

PS4 here and the market sucks! So few good items and so many price fixers....
Going to farm a little cash tonight after the patch is up and I might ask for advice later this week on upgrades.

Thank you for the excellent guide!
Last edited by shirt10 on Jan 13, 2020, 8:37:03 PM
"
can someone watch my char ING: Totems_SindSpassssiGGG i feel kinda its ok but not strong and i die allot. if someone can tell me whats wron or where to improve it would help me allot

At first glance:

- Cold snap setup doesn"t work you need a level 1 CWDT and level 7 Cold snap
- Steelskin setup doesn"t work you need a level 17 CWDT and level 19 Steelskin

- Frostbomb setup get ride of intensify and use spell cascade (we don't do damage our Frostbomb is just for the -25% debuff)

- Your arcane surge is to high level meaning you need to cast Frosbite a lot before getting the buff put arcane surge to level 12 or 13

- Your amulet is useless for this build buy a amulet with ~60/70 life + fire and lightning resist and Dex and Anoint it

- Your pathing in your passive tree is wrong
-> Templar start go for the life and mana and go to "Sanctity" get ride of the elemental damage
-> Connect your tree by taking the Int node above "Elemental Overload"
-> Between "Mind Over Matter" and "Arcanist's Dominion" get ride of the Strength and Int nodes
-> "Ancestral Bond" take the left node not the right one, we want the cast speed not the placement speed
-> Between "Retribution" and "Mind Over Matter" get ride off the Int and Dex nodes (our tree is already connect not need to take those two nodes)
-> Get ride off "Lethal Assault" and the node to the left
-> Finish "Prodigal Perfection" (more mana = better MOM)
-> Finish "Annihilation" (More crit more damage)
-> Take the life Node above "Cruel Preparation"

and you seem to been missing some skill points make sure to do all the side quest who give them (Type /passives in your game chat and check you got them all) them go for "Doom cast" or "Arcane Potency"

- Get a Helmet with "Nearby Enemies have -9% Cold Resistance" and the Freezing pulse enchant

- Get the enchant "Damage Penetrates 10% of enemy resistances if you have not killed recently" on your boots

and if you feel you die to much go for shield instead of dual-wielding wand
Last edited by Tamptamp on Jan 13, 2020, 11:05:09 PM
"
AdmiralC wrote:
"

No room for anything else: FB - Curse on Hit - Weak Proj - Frostbite
"
derSchurke wrote:
"
AdmiralC wrote:
"

No room for anything else: FB - Curse on Hit - Weak Proj - Frostbite

Sorry my bad - i totally forgot the awakened curse on hit gem. ^^

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info