[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

"
Daemonion wrote:
I feel kinda squishy

Spoiler
See above advice regarding getting phase run and vaal grace/vaal haste. Not for the auras, just for the vaal portion. If you are using Vaal Righteous Fire, I'd stop. Too risky. Replace it with a stone golem for health regen. Your sceptres both have +1 cold spells but no crit multi. That's probably hurting your dps. I'd try to get 75%+ spell damage, 90%+ crit change, 25%+ crit multi, added cold damage to spells, cast speed and cold skill + if you can find all that. To your questions about totems, if you get 20% qual on your multiple totem support it will let you place totems 20% faster. Makes a big QoL difference and defensive difference, because the sooner you place, the sooner they start killing. You should really get 20% qual on the rest of the gems in your 6L also. Especially Freezing Pulse. That will be a nice chunk of damage. Preferably 21/20 versions if you can.

Also try to fix your flasks. Having the correct prefix on your life flask "Panicked" will allow you instant recovery which is helpful.

"
faytte wrote:
Question: do you put phase run on left click?

Spoiler
I wouldn't use Phase Run on left click. I know, I hate pushing extra buttons too, but since using another skill cancels the phasing, you really want to be precise about when it activates.
Last edited by etherel90 on May 4, 2021, 1:39:39 PM
Any advice on how to craft the large cluster jewel?

This thing is slowly becoming a nightmare for me...
"
Rothulf wrote:
Any advice on how to craft the large cluster jewel?

This thing is slowly becoming a nightmare for me...

I had some reforge keep prefix that i found in harvest and used it on a cluster with Vengeful and Blanketed already on it

Don´t know if it is the most optimal way but it worked for me better than throwing Harvest Chaos at the large jewel
"
etherel90 wrote:
"
D2Junkie wrote:
will it be more damage if I annoint my amulet with whispers of doom instead of flash freeze and what curse should I use as second curse aside from frostbite?

Remember that Hextouch needs the supported curses to also be hexes, so that limits your pool from just any old curse. Most people that have made the switch to double curses are going with Elemental Weakness as their second.

And, yes, your sheet dps will take a little hit from not having flash freeze, but you should be doing much more damage to bosses (or whatever you use your curses on).

You can also take Doom Cast if you have double curse elsewhere, like awakened hextouch 5.

"
Daemonion wrote:
Are they mediocre, what mods should I look for in upgraded ones?

You can definitely improve both. https://github.com/VolatilePulse/PoB-Item-Tester helps.

"
Daemonion wrote:
I feel kinda squishy - friend told me he is running shield which makes him more tanky and has same dmg as dual wield (+ one totem) - could that be possible?

Basically, no. You can do it for a while, but having a 7th totem isn't really that useful. You rarely cast all of them in one place, and in any case your 4th cast is half as effective as the prior 3. The solution to squishiness is playstyle, and more DPS.

"
Daemonion wrote:
What about making totems start casting spells faster? Does totem placement help here?

Some totem placement is fine, but I don't find it super valuable. Actual cast speed helps DPS a lot though.

"
faytte wrote:
Question: do you put phase run on left click?

No - casting a spell will take you out of phase run. You want to cast totems and curses, then enter phase run. Entering mostly at random will make it much less effective.
Last edited by NoImagination on May 5, 2021, 3:15:22 AM
Hey good people!What you use for second notable on Large Cluster after Blanketed Snow?In another video I heard when Mr Wallach said he was no longer use Vengeful Commander because this league is not that good or i hear something wrong!
Right now i dont have currency for 3 notables...what you think about Blizzard Call?My Critical Chance is not that great,only 30% when totems is up!
P.S Many thanks to NoImagination for all the help you give us all!
Last edited by bro82 on May 5, 2021, 5:24:58 AM
"
bro82 wrote:
Hey good people!What you use for second notable on Large Cluster after Blanketed Snow?In another video I heard when Mr Wallach said he was no longer use Vengeful Commander because this league is not that good or i hear something wrong!
Right now i dont have currency for 3 notables...what you think about Blizzard Call?My Critical Chance is not that great,only 30% when totems is up!
P.S Many thanks to NoImagination for all the help you give us all!

We talk about it a bit here, but I forget to mention prefixes or suffixes. That shouldn't matter when you want to get a double-notable though.

I think you're right that Blizzard Caller is the new 2nd best notable.
Last edited by NoImagination on May 5, 2021, 5:37:32 AM
Thank you so much for answer!
Not sure if people saw my post when that discussion on large clusters was happening, but do be careful about the layout of your jewel when thinking about notables.

The way they appear on the jewel seems to be in a clockwise fashion from the first forced node you take, and the order of the notables is decided by their internal IDs. If you go to this page:

https://poedb.tw/us/mod.php?cn=BaseItemTypes&an=Large+Cluster+Jewel

and expand the "12% Cold Damage" section, the order that those notables are listed in on poedb is by their internal ordering. This will let you figure out exactly how your large jewel would be organized based on the notables that appear on the jewel. This is one of the reasons that Vengeful Commander is a pretty good choice, because all of the suffix notables between it and Blanketed Snow, so the layout always works.

Truthfully, the main takeaway from the Vengeful Commander nerf really should be that any 3-notable large jewel that has Blanketed Snow and doesn't put Blanketed Snow in the 12 o'clock slot is fine. The jewels are very hard to roll to get pickier than this when most of the notables besides Blanketed Snow are not that impressive.
Last edited by Wallach on May 5, 2021, 9:47:45 AM
Hello please any can tell me if this sceptre are good?

Last edited by braniels2 on May 5, 2021, 10:01:57 AM
"
braniels2 wrote:
Hello please any can tell me if this sceptre are good?

Yep, both are good.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info