[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

Once you reach a 6-link soul mantle why doesn't the guide consider multiple totems? wont 6 totems grant higher uptime on damage and more consistent self-curse from self-flagellation?
Do anyone try to use this version of freezing pulse?
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Heist/RwrWWyZh7
"
Sibru wrote:
Once you reach a 6-link soul mantle why doesn't the guide consider multiple totems? wont 6 totems grant higher uptime on damage and more consistent self-curse from self-flagellation?

Replacing the weakest support, aka Inc. Crit. Strikes, with Multiple Totems usually results in around the same total damage, often a bit more damage with Multiple Totems.

Now, we also get a flat 6% more damage and more life and mana regen from Ritual of Awakening when we have 2 more totems. So overall, it should be the superior choice on paper.

Downside are less reliable freezes because of the lower crit. chance.

Another upside is the maybe slightly increased clearspeed.

Maybe I am missing another big downside of using Multiple Totems, because pretty much noone is using it according to poe.ninja. But that might just be the result of all of them using this thread as a guide :D

"
SKeLeToNya wrote:
Do anyone try to use this version of freezing pulse?
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Heist/RwrWWyZh7

Giving up 40% proj speed does not sound like something I want to do :D
Last edited by Mecielle on Sep 27, 2020, 12:29:43 PM
The reason for not using Multiple Totem support is that even if you can get full value out of the +2 to maximum totems, it is either a sidegrade or a downgrade in total DPS (depends on your gear level), but it is a clearspeed loss because your per-totem damage is significantly lower.

Plus, when you run Multiple Totems in the Frost Bomb link, you are already getting the benefit of the +2 to maximum totems in terms of Ritual of Awakening. You can't get another +2 if you link Freezing Pulse to Multiple Totem support because it only grants the maximum to the linked totem, not globally. So you'd still be at 6 totems maximum, but you'd be forced to self-cast Frost Bomb and still not really getting any upside out of the deal.

The gem is really better used for other Ascendancies who don't have the ability to summon two totems at once like Hierophant can.
Can anyone post like a screenshot of the tree? PoB link doesn't seem to work for me.
"
Can anyone post like a screenshot of the tree? PoB link doesn't seem to work for me.

Ah, I forgot to add the default website link back after the initial update (the website version wasn't updated when I made the first 3.12 changes). That should be fixed now.

If you are having issues with the Path of Building link, you are probably on the regular version of Path of Building. Most of us have moved on to the community fork of Path of Building, since the original is not really being maintained by OpenArl any longer since his employment at GGG. You can go here to get the community fork:

https://github.com/PathOfBuildingCommunity/PathOfBuilding/releases

On an unrelated note, I uploaded a video of the unique contract "Death to Darnaw" for those that might be interested.
Hey man ! having tons of fun with the build. it is very strong. However, when I compare my PoB to yours, I get a fraction of your dmg like 1/3... I'M a big noob so some help would be very appreciated. I think my wand is trash and obviously im missing a watcher's eye and some of the clusters.But here is my PoB if you could take a look ! :D

https://pastebin.com/rytgMWZi
A 6 link soul mantle is 200c minimum last i checked, none listed with the 3b3g.

Will I be hurting the build too badly to pull the trigger on it without a soul mantle?
I get frenzy charges sometimes, but i cant for the life of me find out why.

Edit: nvm, cold snap.
Last edited by Essem on Sep 27, 2020, 9:33:52 PM
"
Pheyer wrote:
A 6 link soul mantle is 200c minimum last i checked, none listed with the 3b3g.

Will I be hurting the build too badly to pull the trigger on it without a soul mantle?

A 5L Soul Mantle should be good enough to start and costs less than 5c. 3G can be done yourself easily for around 100 chromes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info